Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Business credit card: is it worth it?

While I was browsing the Barclays website, I noticed these credit cards of Wyndham...I digged more into properties and some are really top notch. However, I am not sure if it's worth it. Can you answer these questions:

1) It seems the minimum redemption is 15000 points and the highest is 30000. I randomly checked the top notch ones and did not see any property I can redeem via points!! Only cheap ones are available. Can someone clarify?

2) The business card new 90,000 signup bonus. Is this after total $2,000 or $3,000 spend?

3) Do the annual 15,000 points expire similar to the 1 year free night certificates offered by other chains credit cards? or these are added to the points pool with no restrictions?

4) It seems there is a new offer of stay 2 nights and get the third for free. What is the typical free night at Wyndham system? Any 3 nights and get the fourth for free or so like the IHG system...etc?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
While I was browsing the Barclays website, I noticed these credit cards of Wyndham...I digged more into properties and some are really top notch. However, I am not sure if it's worth it. Can you answer these questions:

1) It seems the minimum redemption is 15000 points and the highest is 30000. I randomly checked the top notch ones and did not see any property I can redeem via points!! Only cheap ones are available. Can someone clarify?

2) The business card new 90,000 signup bonus. Is this after total $2,000 or $3,000 spend?

3) Do the annual 15,000 points expire similar to the 1 year free night certificates offered by other chains credit cards? or these are added to the points pool with no restrictions?

4) It seems there is a new offer of stay 2 nights and get the third for free. What is the typical free night at Wyndham system? Any 3 nights and get the fourth for free or so like the IHG system...etc?
Hotels can be constantly changing point redemption availability, due to Covid, so you may want to look further out to find award availability for the higher-end properties.

The 15,000 anniversary points pool, but Wyndham has a hard expiration date of 4 years after points were earned. It's possible to transfer up to 30,000 points per year between Wyndham and Caesar's to restart the 4 year clock.

Personally, I think the stay 2 night, get a 3rd free is a little misleading. Most of those promos will give you a 7500 point bonus after staying 2 nights. It isn't a free night good at any property. 7500 points will only get you a free night at their lower tier properties.

With all that said, the Wyndham Earner Business card will give you Diamond status which can be be matched to Caesar's and can be useful if you like Las Vegas.
It also has great multipliers on gas and utilities--somewhat unique among credit cards, and the 15,000 anniversary bonus, justify the annual fee.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:44 pm

The Business card also gives you 10% off point redemptions so it's 27K ( for a 30K property) and 13,500, etc points needed per night ,

The spend is $2k total, $1k in 90 days and the other 1K within 6 months.

We go to Vegas often so this card is great for us but Caesars Diamond status ( and the reward credits transferred) can be used at any Caesars property ( I think Caesars is in 15 states) not just Las Vegas.

One perk of CET Diamond is no resort fees.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 17, 2021 at 5:58 pm
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:29 pm

1) Many of the top 15,000 point properties are only available in advance, or off season. The timeshare resorts only allocate a certain % to renters, and must be booked for 2+ nights. Refresh your search, the website can be glitchy and miss properties that are actually available.

Our Florida trip in July has been postponed, and many of the properties were unavailable due to the summer season. Now we have a 850 sq ft timeshare booked at Daytona Beach for 15,000 points, and have the option of staying at Wyndham Grand in Orlando, for 30,000 points (-10%).
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:42 am

My wife and I both had a $1 finance charge on our business cards on 8/20/2021

The CSR tried to say a payment was late or not made in full or something to explain it.

I pay my card in full the day the statement posts online and my wife's card has not even had a statement cut.................CSR removed both charges, I was more concerned it was fraud.

Just a heads up as I'm sure more than just us had this charge,

08/20/2021 PURCHASE *FINANCE CHARGE*
$1.00
MojoGuru likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 23, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know exactly how it works at Wyndham, but in many hotel programs an award is only available if there is "standard" room availability, whatever that may mean in a particular program or at a particular hotel.

Some properties are full of the most common type of room, which is typically classified as a "standard" room. Top-notch properties often have a wide variety of rooms, and at some only one type may classified as "standard", and that one may sell out quickly.

So don't assume that just because a hotel has one room available that it's available for an award redemption. It has to have at least one room available of the right type for award redemptions, and that can be tricky to figure out if you're not familiar with all the room types at that particular hotel.
It sounds like it's $2000 but it's written confusingly. Fortunately, you have 6 months to figure it out, so just do your $2000 spend long before 6 months, and then you can see (in time to do $1000 more if needed) whether you earned the full bonus in time.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 29, 2021 at 11:14 am
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't know exactly how it works at Wyndham, but in many hotel programs an award is only available if there is "standard" room availability, whatever that may mean in a particular program or at a particular hotel.

Some properties are full of the most common type of room, which is typically classified as a "standard" room. Top-notch properties often have a wide variety of rooms, and at some only one type may classified as "standard", and that one may sell out quickly.

So don't assume that just because a hotel has one room available that it's available for an award redemption. It has to have at least one room available of the right type for award redemptions, and that can be tricky to figure out if you're not familiar with all the room types at that particular hotel.

It sounds like it's $2000 but it's written confusingly. Fortunately, you have 6 months to figure it out, so just do your $2000 spend long before 6 months, and then you can see (in time to do $1000 more if needed) whether you earned the full bonus in time.
It seems like $2k over 6 months but it is a bit confusing, my wife passed $1k and online it says she has 61,xxx points coming next statement...............we'll see what happens when she passes $2k

Reply from Barclay

We understand your concerns, and apologize for any miscommunication. You will earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000.00 on net purchases (excluding timeshare down payment purchases to Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., Wyndham Resort Development Corporation, Shell Vacations, LLC, and related developer affiliates and partners) within the first 90 days of your account open date. The bonus will be reflected on the billing statement after you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 8-12 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your program account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your card account.

You will earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $2,000.00 on net purchases (excluding timeshare down payment purchases to Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., Wyndham Resort Development Corporation, Shell Vacations, LLC, and related developer affiliates and partners) within 6 months of your account open date. The bonus will be reflected on the billing statement after you have qualified to earn the bonus. Please allow 8-12 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your program account after the qualifying purchase(s) have posted to your card account.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I am still not sure if it’s worth to get the card or not. Seems a solid one for 95 bucks but I don’t see much hype/media about it!!
PS: Just applied...didn't want to think about it too much

Last edited by good_boy_1234; Sep 2, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:52 pm

I am still not sure if it’s worth to get the card or not. Seems a solid one for 95 bucks but I don’t see much hype/media about it!!
PS: Just applied...didn't want to think about it too much
How about I send you $95 and you let me use your 90K points, lol

This card is great, the only problem seems to be getting points to post..............this month I earned 31K plus and they sent 6 to Wyndham 10 days after my statement closed, yes 6 points, lol
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

I am checking the status online and I got this:
"

Check Application Status

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.
"

So weird...I opened Business aviator with Barclays 3 months ago and have no issues. High credit score.

Last edited by good_boy_1234; Sep 5, 2021 at 12:49 pm
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Wyndham typically has a wide selection of redemption options, including moderate upgrades. They'll likely take cash only for a suite, or jump to 30,000 points.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:51 pm

"

Check Application Status

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.
"

So weird...I opened Business aviator with Barclays 3 months ago and have no issues. High credit score.
Barclays is one of the most cautious banks. I was denied the first time too, then waited 6 months, with no new applications. Make sure you're also under 6/24.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MojoGuru
Barclays is one of the most cautious banks. I was denied the first time too, then waited 6 months, with no new applications. Make sure you're also under 6/24.
Thx. whats the line number for business card reconsideration?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:43 am

Thx. whats the line number for business card reconsideration?
Not sure if the info is still valid:
  • Personal: 866-408-4064, open 8am till Midnight 7 days a week. Youll automatically be routed to a Barclays personal credit analyst.
  • Business: 866-408-4064, open 8AM-8PM ET (business verification: 866-710-2688)
Good Luck.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credi...econsideration
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:34 pm

"

Check Application Status

"

Did you apply as an existing business or a sole proprietor startup ? The latter seems the way to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.