Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
~ 6 days ( less than 3 full business days) is a delay ?
When you poorly planned something and are scrambling, it most definitely is. The general consensus I've seen from reading online is that is takes 2-3 calendar days so it seemed a little off. Not really sure though 😮‍💨
Old May 31, 2022, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by swordswallower69
When you poorly planned something and are scrambling, it most definitely is. The general consensus I've seen from reading online is that is takes 2-3 calendar days so it seemed a little off. Not really sure though 😮‍💨

I'm sure you know this but Caesars doesn't seem to be in any big hurry these days to match from Wyndham so even if you get Wyndham Diamond you may not get Caesars Diamond in time.

I have had the business card for years and was Diamond at CET when I got the card so I have no idea but 2 -3 days seems FAST for anything in this game. GL
swordswallower69 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Data point: I was approved on a Friday and became Wyndham Diamond on that Sunday (i.e. 2 days later).

Caesars Diamond took 2 weeks 3 days

Last edited by gudugan; May 31, 2022 at 9:13 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:02 am

My wife and I were both Diamond next day
swordswallower69 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:39 pm

Update on my turmoil - I've been upgraded to Diamond! So in the end, about 7-8 days to get upgraded to Diamond after getting approved.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:47 pm
SBT

Applied for the Wyndham Business Card on May 17th. Got notified I was Wyndham Diamong on May 20th. Already had a Caears Card. Regquested Status Matching on May 20th. Received card in the mail May 24th (took a week after applying) Got ungraded to Caears Diamond yesterday, June 1 (12 days after request). System worked.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:28 pm

So I finally did it. I applied and was instantly approved. I used my legit side hustle in real estate investment as a sole prop and was approved for a credit line greater than my annual revenue. I do have a solid history with Barclays but they did still pull a hard TU report. My new account showed up beside my personal account in the same online profile within minutes. My Wyndham account was already Diamond so I had no indication if Wyndham even knows I have the business card yet. I emailed Caesars to ask them to reconsider my Status Match again. Now I wait to see if the match can be made before my trip in 3 weeks and if the account will appear on my personal profile...TIC TOC...
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:00 am

Probably would have waited a week to request the match, but if they reject it, just try again
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Probably would have waited a week to request the match, but if they reject it, just try again
Yes, you could not be more right. But it took about a week for them to respond to my last email so with any luck I will have good timing.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Yes, you could not be more right. But it took about a week for them to respond to my last email so with any luck I will have good timing.
WOW, so this morning Caesars emailed me back. I have been updated to Caesars Diamond again. That was definitely record time. Just to be clear, I already had Caesars Diamond in previous years but was downgraded to gold this year due to the new rules. I was already Wyndham Diamond, unearned but extended from Covid.

I will write back to share a DP on how the credit reporting goes, but that will take some time to see how it plays out.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:51 pm

WOW, so this morning Caesars emailed me back. I have been updated to Caesars Diamond again. That was definitely record time. Just to be clear, I already had Caesars Diamond in previous years but was downgraded to gold this year due to the new rules. I was already Wyndham Diamond, unearned but extended from Covid.

I will write back to share a DP on how the credit reporting goes, but that will take some time to see how it plays out.
When you get to a CET property go to the Diamond desk and ask if your $100 celebration dinner is loaded on your card some ( including friends of ours) had to earn 100 Tier credits before the dinner showed up and even after earning the 100 TC it took a few days for the dinner to appear. My wife and I both had the dinner on our cards when we landed in March so YMMV.

In case you aren't aware, unless things have changed, there are no more show tickets for Diamond, as of March it was 2 tickets for Bodies and 2 for the high roller, these can be printed at a Kiosk.

I'm not sure if you have time to transfer your Wyndham points that you earn from the new card to CET reward credits..........unless you already have some Wyndham points or maybe you get better use of the points at Wyndham.

Have fun.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:46 pm

"I used my legit side hustle in real estate investment as a sole prop and was approved for a credit line greater than my annual revenue"

As a sole prop, did they request proof of financials etc? Or just ask for numbers.
I have an inactive Real Estate LLC, I don't really want to reinstate it...my Sec of States office is overwhelmed right now with no staff to process new LLC apps.
I had the Barclays Aviator few years ago but cancelled it, no issues with Barclays.
I have 800 + FICO's and good retirement income.
I know Barclays can be erratic and inconsistent in policy and decisions.
Thx....

Last edited by RDY3238; Aug 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm Reason: Delete
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
When you get to a CET property go to the Diamond desk and ask if your $100 celebration dinner is loaded on your card some ( including friends of ours) had to earn 100 Tier credits before the dinner showed up and even after earning the 100 TC it took a few days for the dinner to appear. My wife and I both had the dinner on our cards when we landed in March so YMMV.

In case you aren't aware, unless things have changed, there are no more show tickets for Diamond, as of March it was 2 tickets for Bodies and 2 for the high roller, these can be printed at a Kiosk.

I'm not sure if you have time to transfer your Wyndham points that you earn from the new card to CET reward credits..........unless you already have some Wyndham points or maybe you get better use of the points at Wyndham.

Have fun.
Man... I seem to remember the very problem you are trying to help me avoid, the very first time I picked up the Caesars Diamond. Thanks for the reminder/tip.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by RDY3238
"I used my legit side hustle in real estate investment as a sole prop and was approved for a credit line greater than my annual revenue"

As a sole prop, did they request proof of financials etc? Or just ask for numbers.
I have an inactive Real Estate LLC, I don't really want to reinstate it...my Sec of States office is overwhelmed right now with no staff to process new LLC apps.
I had the Barclays Aviator few years ago but cancelled it, no issues with Barclays.
I have 800 + FICO's and good retirement income.
I know Barclays can be erratic and inconsistent in policy and decisions.
Thx....
So I almost called in my application because of the same application horror stories you may have also heard. But I decided to just do the application online and was instantly approved with no further documents required. Their business card application is similar to the other banks. They ask for business gross and personal gross incomes. My sole prop is in my own name, no EIN, and not an entity (llc or corp.). I have one active personal Barclays card (about 10K spend this year), no previous closed accounts and about a five year solid relationship. Funny thing... when I got my first card with them I figured it would be a churn and burn, but they have been very good to me with 0% offers, spend bonuses and a few other deals. Im curious what kind of goodies I may get with the Wyndham card.
RDY3238 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:52 am

Funny thing... when I got my first card with them I figured it would be a churn and burn, but they have been very good to me with 0% offers, spend bonuses and a few other deals. Im curious what kind of goodies I may get with the Wyndham card.
My Carnival CC with Barclay gets amazing offers multiple times a year. Has been as high as 11% back during the pandemic. Right now its 5% back on Grocery/Gas. Got the Wyndham business the first day it was available, received 0 offers beyond the 0% offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.