Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 6:44 pm
SBT

Attending an FTU seminar a few months ago in Los Angeles, on the topic of Hotel Loyalty programs, I was suprised many of the participants have a Wyndham Rewards Business card and list it as one of their most beneficial credit cards. Its not a card one hears about on the various blogs, but on the surface it seems to good to be true. Especially for someone who is a budget traveler and enjoys Las Vegas, doesn't like to pay resort fees, visits NYC and stays in Long Island City. There is a relatively Microtel hotel for only 15,000 Wyndham Points per night. Basically a budget but worth the redemption especially for the NYC area.

Please help me solve a delimma.

1. This forum consists of many horror stories in obtaining the Wyndham card, posting points to your Wyndham rewards account, and obtaining a status match on Caesars Rewards only to be downgraded later. Is this still true or has Barclays cleaned up their act?

2. None of the partcipiants at the FTU seminar actually owned a business. The application asks for a company name, employees, years in business, etc. Do you really have to be part of a business or simply fudge you way through the application process? FYI I have a high credit score and don't churn credit cards, although I did just cancel my Radisson CC. (Stating a Sole ownership, 1 employee, revenues of $10,000) or should I tell the truth and state Retired.)?

As a practicing curmudgeon, the hassle isn't worth the reward. Thanks for your help.

SBT
Old May 12, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by SBT
Attending an FTU seminar a few months ago in Los Angeles, on the topic of Hotel Loyalty programs, I was suprised many of the participants have a Wyndham Rewards Business card and list it as one of their most beneficial credit cards. Its not a card one hears about on the various blogs, but on the surface it seems to good to be true. Especially for someone who is a budget traveler and enjoys Las Vegas, doesn't like to pay resort fees, visits NYC and stays in Long Island City. There is a relatively Microtel hotel for only 15,000 Wyndham Points per night. Basically a budget but worth the redemption especially for the NYC area.

Please help me solve a dilemma.

1. This forum consists of many horror stories in obtaining the Wyndham card, posting points to your Wyndham rewards account, and obtaining a status match on Caesars Rewards only to be downgraded later. Is this still true or has Barclays cleaned up their act?

2. None of the participants at the FTU seminar actually owned a business. The application asks for a company name, employees, years in business, etc. Do you really have to be part of a business or simply fudge you way through the application process? FYI I have a high credit score and don't churn credit cards, although I did just cancel my Radisson CC. (Stating a Sole ownership, 1 employee, revenues of $10,000) or should I tell the truth and state Retired.)?

As a practicing curmudgeon, the hassle isn't worth the reward. Thanks for your help.

SBT
I like having relationships with many issuers, even if it only involves a single credit card. I previously had the Barklays Arrival Plus, got the signup bonus, and realized, especially during Covid, that it wasn't worth keeping the card, and Barklays refused to downgrade it to the no annual fee version.

I'm only providing this info to show that I was previously approved for one of their (personal) cards and left on good terms.

As a general rule, any card that has the potential to provide rewards/benefits that outweigh the annual fee is always of interest, and I was already looking for a card with high multipliers on gas and utilities.

I applied right when it was released in October, 2020, so I'm not sure if being an early applicant enhanced my chances for approval. When I applied, I did so as a sole prop, and my application went to PENDING REVIEW, but was automatically approved 7-10 days later.

Many states don't require any special paperwork to operate as a SOLE PROP, under your actual name, but I also established an LLC through incfile.com, knowing that it may increase my chances of being approved for other business cards with other issuers.

It's definitely a strong card, so your observation in #2 doesn't surprise me. It's possible, Barklays has tightened their approval requirements, and, if I was applying again, I would use my LLC.

Establishing the LLC was around $200, but the additional business card signup bonuses justified the fee.

I don't think you have anything to lose by applying as a retired "business" owner, but I get enough value from this card that I would happily establish an LLC if I wouldn't have been approved as a sole prop.

In regards to your first question, I think many people that were downgraded from Caesars Diamond were those that had been matching from other programs, besides Wyndham. I'm not worried in my situation, because having the EARNER BUSINESS CARD makes me a "legitimate" Wyndham Diamond and eligible to match to Caesars......However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Caesars-Wyndham partnership is eventually discontinued. However, I hope I'm wrong.

Good Luck.

Last edited by diesteldorf; May 12, 2022 at 5:27 pm
Old May 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Applied under sole proprietor, no documents required. Hard pull transunion then had to wait. 10 business days later approved with credit limit of 2000.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:26 pm
SBT

Thanks for your response. I applied today. Got instantly approved, $4300 credit limit.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by SBT
Thanks for your response. I applied today. Got instantly approved, $4300 credit limit.
Congrats....seems like a weird limit for a new approval, when not reallocating existing credit among active accounts.

Register for the Visa Savings Edge portal if you want access to additional Business Card discounts.

https://www.visasavingsedge.com/
Old May 25, 2022, 5:35 pm
SBT

Thanks again. Signed up for Visa Savings Edge with my Wyndham card. (Although Chase has better offers).
No lets see how long it takes for Caesars to Status match to a Ceasars Diamond level.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by SBT
Thanks again. Signed up for Visa Savings Edge with my Wyndham card. (Although Chase has better offers).
No lets see how long it takes for Caesars to Status match to a Ceasars Diamond level.
In my opinion, the best use for Visa Savings Edge would be the additional 4% cash back at Wyndham brands, assuming you are already staying there and using the card for 8X. You also get an additional 2% back at Chevron gas stations, on top of the 8X. Otherwise, I agree with you. Chase offers are often better.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:32 am

I am wondering what the current status of credit bureau reporting is for the Wyndham Business Earner. None of my current business cards report accounts in good standing. A recent TPG article reports that Barclays business cards reports all activity to credit bureaus. Anyone care to share their experience? Also, if you care to share how long you have had the card (just in case they changed the rule for newbies like C1 apparently has).
Old May 26, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
I am wondering what the current status of credit bureau reporting is for the Wyndham Business Earner. None of my current business cards report accounts in good standing. A recent TPG article reports that Barclays business cards reports all activity to credit bureaus. Anyone care to share their experience? Also, if you care to share how long you have had the card (just in case they changed the rule for newbies like C1 apparently has).
When I got the card in October, 2020, it pulled from Transunion.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:55 am

My wife and I both have and both opened in 2021. Neither appear on our credit report. Data points I have seen suggest 2022 openings show
Old May 26, 2022, 9:56 am

Ohh, sorry diesteldorf, I was referring to monthly reporting after opening. But you also validate another point on who they pull from at opening. Everything I have seen so far has also indicated Trans Union as well. TY!

Last edited by EZTraveler; May 26, 2022 at 10:00 am Reason: forgot to quote
Old May 26, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
My wife and I both have and both opened in 2021. Neither appear on our credit report. Data points I have seen suggest 2022 openings show
Darn, that's exactly what I wasn't hoping for. Thanks for advising though!
Old May 26, 2022, 10:06 am

Darn, that's exactly what I wasn't hoping for. Thanks for advising though!

It sounds like it could've been a glitch, as some reported that it no longer reports to their personal.

You can read about it here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/has-b...apoints-needed
Old May 31, 2022, 2:37 pm

Unhappy Delays with Wyndham Biz Upgrade to Diamond?

Was approved on 5/25 for the biz card and saw that my member level is still Blue. I've tried calling multiple numbers but can't seem to find an answer of when my member level will upgrade to Diamond

-Called Wyndham Rewards and was transferred to card services
-Card services was not sure what I was talking about and assumed I was looking for an upgrade offer
-Found a different Wyndham contact number and was transferred back to card services

It seems no one has an idea what I was talking about. I've read some other data points that it generally takes 2-3 days but I'm wondering if others have had it taken a lot longer?
Old May 31, 2022, 6:28 pm

~ 6 days ( less than 3 full business days) is a delay ?

The first thing to check is to make sure your Wyndham rewards member number matched Barclays number for your business card but I don't thin you can do that until you have the card in and to create the online account.

I believe Barclay personal and business cards have now merged so maybe if you have a personal card maybe check to see if your business card is showing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.