Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Old Oct 30, 2023, 5:05 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Posts: 1,467
Anyone know if EV charging (supercharger) counts on this card or only gas? T&C just describe gas but one can hope…
gudugan is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:41 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London / Los Angeles
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Posts: 1,636
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Key benefits;
1. Annual $100 Diamond Appreciation Dinner.
2. Comped Resort Fees, at all properties.
3. Access to the remaining Laurel Lounges ($10 comp cost per person).
4. Your max transfer of $300 annual points; gets you up to 30 visits to the lounges.
5. If your near Atlantic City, the lounge visits include a full meal.
6. In Vegas you get two tickets to Body's exhibit at Bally's and two tickets on High Roller wheel.
7. Diamond check-in room and special lines for buffet etc.
8. Possible annual trip to Atlantis Nassau.
How many of the benefits are no longer valid? I think you no longer get the $100 dinner with a match, and that the Laurel lounges in Vegas are closed? Do you still get 2 tickets in vegas to high roller?

Also, is it the consensus that Barclays business cards DO NOT report to personal credit bureaus as active accounts. I know they do a hard pull on your personal credit bureau when you apply but I am asking about whether the report the card account afterwards.
Enigma368 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:57 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by Enigma368
How many of the benefits are no longer valid? I think you no longer get the $100 dinner with a match, and that the Laurel lounges in Vegas are closed? Do you still get 2 tickets in vegas to high roller?

Also, is it the consensus that Barclays business cards DO NOT report to personal credit bureaus as active accounts. I know they do a hard pull on your personal credit bureau when you apply but I am asking about whether the report the card account afterwards.
Have the Business Earner so I do still get the 100 dinner which is a great single use meal voucher. I was not offered 2 free show tickets like in years past. I still got access to the VIP lines for many restaurants, check in (Huge time saver), cabs (another Huge time saver), cashiers and ESPECIALLY the pools. It was highly valuable at the Flamingo Pool. I really pissed some people off skipping the line at Paris by going in the Diamond line. The Atlantis benefit was very nice but now its reduced to the Coral, which is the second lowest building in the resort. Ohh, Free parking and Free Valet is also handy. All in all, if you are looking for a free lunch, its probably not great but if you are looking for a way to upgrade a Vegas visit, I think it really helps out.

UPDATE: I forgot to include that the resort fee waiver still applies too. That was a big money saver. Also, I think somebody asked about the credit reporting. In this case, my account has always been current; this card did not report to my personal bureaus and I have never accessed my business bureaus to see what is there. As far as application, this card pulled TA in my case, which has always been my experience with Barclays.
italdesign and Enigma368 like this.

Last edited by EZTraveler; Dec 8, 2023 at 6:39 am Reason: Added additional datapoints
EZTraveler is offline  
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:42 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by italdesign
^ Fixed itself. New month, Fi is back to "CABLE, SATELLITE, AND OTHER PAY TV/RADIO SVCS". Guess I'll just have to accept the random occasional 1x.

Hmm, maybe I should include Frontier. I never thought about internet. Thanks for the idea!

For whatever its worth, I have had two different trash services bill as utilities very reliably. Water payments for me have never worked but im guessing it bills to government on that one.
EZTraveler is offline  
Old Dec 10, 2023, 6:48 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 76
Does the $100 restaurant voucher expire every calendar year, or does it go by every 12 months you have the card/diamond status?
mjstallion is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:56 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 170
Diamond Celebration Dinner / Program Year

Originally Posted by mjstallion
Does the $100 restaurant voucher expire every calendar year, or does it go by every 12 months you have the card/diamond status?
Good question, as I have not used mine yet. Cut right from Caesars website:

Diamond redemption limited to one (1) $100 voucher per benefit year (February 1 - January 31, annually). Seven Stars redemption limited to five (5) $100 vouchers per benefit year (February 1 - January 31, annually).
EZTraveler is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:17 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 790
There's no way to get a referral bonus for signing up a friend for this card, is there?
huge is offline  
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:56 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Posts: 1,467
Originally Posted by gudugan
Anyone know if EV charging (supercharger) counts on this card or only gas? T&C just describe gas but one can hope…
Tesla Supercharger codes as 1x, category: Electric Vehicle Charging
gudugan is offline  
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:02 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by gudugan
Tesla Supercharger codes as 1x, category: Electric Vehicle Charging
I'm afraid no easy answers on this one. I have had luck using the card on the inside of some gas stations and getting 8x on beer and other gas station chingaderas. On the other hand, you never know what those built in credit card readers are going to ring in to or what category they will report. Also, I think the Sam's card gives you 5x on EV charging but its a store credit. The WF Autograph card is supposed to give 3x on EV charging but on this one they will be offering Transfer Partners soon.
EZTraveler is offline  
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:11 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 2,537
Originally Posted by EZTraveler
I'm afraid no easy answers on this one. I have had luck using the card on the inside of some gas stations and getting 8x on beer and other gas station chingaderas. On the other hand, you never know what those built in credit card readers are going to ring in to or what category they will report. Also, I think the Sam's card gives you 5x on EV charging but its a store credit. The WF Autograph card is supposed to give 3x on EV charging but on this one they will be offering Transfer Partners soon.
I buy at a 7/11 gas station often and get 8x, if there are any near you
EZTraveler likes this.
Schnit is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:26 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 86
Question - Do AUs get free Wyndham Diamond too?
EZTraveler likes this.
IluvJetAirways is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:22 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by IluvJetAirways
Question - Do AUs get free Wyndham Diamond too?
NOPE. But if only they did
EZTraveler is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:17 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Posts: 1,467
Originally Posted by gudugan
Tesla Supercharger codes as 1x, category: Electric Vehicle Charging
So does Chargepoint. Looks like a dead end.
gudugan is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:21 pm
  #134  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 101
I applied for and was approved for the Wyndham Earner Business Card last week. I created a Wyndham account with the membership number I was assigned by Barclays via a link I received with my approval email. The Wyndham account still shows me as Blue (not Diamond). It has been 7 days, still Blue. I called Barclays today and they knew very little about the concern, and just told me I should wait until my statement closes in a month. From what I gather from all the other reports in this thread and elsewhere, it should have taken 2-3 days. I am worried now that when the statement closes, I will still not get bumped to Wyndham Diamond. I am also frustrated because I have a trip to Vegas (Caesars Palace) in early March and unless this Wyndham thing gets resolved pretty fast, my chances of getting Caesars Diamond matched is rapidly diminishing in time for my trip. Any suggestions on getting Barclays to accelerate this with Wyndham? Maybe I need to call Wyndham?
tommybananas is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:34 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,662
Originally Posted by tommybananas
I applied for and was approved for the Wyndham Earner Business Card last week. I created a Wyndham account with the membership number I was assigned by Barclays via a link I received with my approval email. The Wyndham account still shows me as Blue (not Diamond). It has been 7 days, still Blue. I called Barclays today and they knew very little about the concern, and just told me I should wait until my statement closes in a month. From what I gather from all the other reports in this thread and elsewhere, it should have taken 2-3 days. I am worried now that when the statement closes, I will still not get bumped to Wyndham Diamond. I am also frustrated because I have a trip to Vegas (Caesars Palace) in early March and unless this Wyndham thing gets resolved pretty fast, my chances of getting Caesars Diamond matched is rapidly diminishing in time for my trip. Any suggestions on getting Barclays to accelerate this with Wyndham? Maybe I need to call Wyndham?
Make sure the account number Barclay has is the same as the account number you created with Wyndham

When you login to Wyndham your Wyndham number in the top right hand corner under your name , you probably have to call Barclay to see what account number they have as I don't see it written on my card.

In the future I recommend setting up the airline, hotel, etc frequent traveler account before you apply..................then add than number to the credit card application.
flyer4512 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.