Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eracine
I'm on the same 973 flight on Monday and I'm also following which A/C it may be... Never flew on a 747 yet, looking forward to the experience.

Last time I was on that flight, it was swapped for the 777 and resulted in my volunteering for the extra flight later and a voucher. Not a bad deal, still. :-)

Now I still have to figure out the best seat strategy based on what the flight is, what it could be and what it will finally be...
Still showing N194UA, see you at ORD!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: UA:Plat, MR:GLD, HH:SLV
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TWA Guy;
Still showing N194UA, see you at ORD!
Yup - and UDU apparently kicked in overnight, upper deck had plenty of open window seats. Ohhh it's going to be a nice Monday if things stay that way...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
I was on that plane, last week, from SFO to PVG, flying with fellow FT'er "swixo".

He was in the first cabin, I was in business, upstairs. (Somebody, I hope not a FT'er, tried to take my seat so he could sit next to his wife using the squatting method.)

Anyway, unsolocited, the FA handed out PAOA cards to everyone in business (because of no layflats) and first (because of no on-demand video). So they must have known that they can't get away with advertising a service and not delivering it.

At least the seatpower worked. If only the guy behind me didn't snore.

(In shanghai right now!)
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Eracine
Yup - and UDU apparently kicked in overnight, upper deck had plenty of open window seats. Ohhh it's going to be a nice Monday if things stay that way...
Advance UDU and the postings above (two 74C back from maintenance, N194UA possibly in SFO for Fleet Week) make me more confident that the plane is headed back to 664/973 on Monday for its regular duties.

And it will be a nice Monday if the B747 sticks to your route; I thoroughly enjoyed my first upper-deck experience on 973. Even the old seats are great for a midday nap.

(It may be even nicer if you're subbed to a 74C and your upgrade sticks! To be on the safe side, pick a seat assignment that exists--and that you can live with--in both configs.)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by ualisthebst
Well...united cargo is now showing a "47C" so we all may wind up in economy (hopefully E+). Should be interesting to see what happens with the seats.
N118UA operated 664/973 yesterday. Got to the gate yesterday and there were 68 names on the list with 13 seats available (in C). Co-worker and I (both 1P's) were 13 and 14 on the list and somehow got the last 2 upgrades.

N194UA was sitting in the maintenance area when we landed. Looks like they are using her today for 664/973. N118UA is currently on it's way to SYD.

-Ualisthebst
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ualisthebst
N118UA operated 664/973 yesterday. Got to the gate yesterday and there were 68 names on the list with 13 seats available (in C). Co-worker and I (both 1P's) were 13 and 14 on the list and somehow got the last 2 upgrades.
Lucky you, I was no.24 on the list, I was on a T class guess you probably have a higher fare than me, poor me had to sit at 20G. (changed from 46A to 20F, then a 1K upgraded finally move to 20G, can't believe it was so pack yesterday)

Btw, yesterday's crew was kinda lousy (in my opinion in Y). Asked the FA about ch.9, she said they would make an announcement instead of ask someone about it, indeed ch.9 was playing music instead, official no from the cockpit, tried to take some photos was questioned by a FA, then met by the aft. purser. No usual second drink run prior to landing.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Oct 10, 2010 at 8:27 am
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by reamworks
...Anyway, unsolocited, the FA handed out PAOA cards to everyone in business (because of no layflats) and first (because of no on-demand video). So they must have known that they can't get away with advertising a service and not delivering it....
Is PAOA equivalent to skykit? What was your compensation amount if so? I was on the same bird PVG-SFO on 10/5 but didn't get anything from FAs.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by PromoGoogler
Is PAOA equivalent to skykit? What was your compensation amount if so? I was on the same bird PVG-SFO on 10/5 but didn't get anything from FAs.
I believe that PAOA == skykit. If you were in C or F, it couldn't hurt to send a note to UA requesting some amount of compensation that you find appropriate.

And on a brighter note, WELCOME BACK TO 664/973, N194UA!! Looks like it's reliably locked onto its regular turn. Why not stick around for a while? Say, 'til mid-November or later?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by gatelouse
I believe that PAOA == skykit. If you were in C or F, it couldn't hurt to send a note to UA requesting some amount of compensation that you find appropriate.

And on a brighter note, WELCOME BACK TO 664/973, N194UA!! Looks like it's reliably locked onto its regular turn. Why not stick around for a while? Say, 'til mid-November or later?
I hope it stays for a while. I've tried to fly it twice, and both times it went on another route
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Don't expect it for too long - the merger fleet plan calls for the 747 fleet to be -1 between October and December, so my guess is N194UA will be returned to the desert before year-end.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hamburgler
Don't expect it for too long - the merger fleet plan calls for the 747 fleet to be -1 between October and December, so my guess is N194UA will be returned to the desert before year-end.
What do you mean by "1"?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
I believe he meant "down one" when he said "-1"...i.e, one 747 will be put out to the sandy pasture of SoCal/AZ/NM...likely N194UA.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rggale
I believe he meant "down one" when he said "-1"...i.e, one 747 will be put out to the sandy pasture of SoCal/AZ/NM...likely N194UA.
Thanks. That's what happens when I read FT when I should be asleep..
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by hamburgler
I hope that UA got their money's worth on the heavy check. They pulled N194UA out of the desert earlier this year, sent it to Pusan for a heavy check, then put it into service for just a few months.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reamworks
Anyway, unsolocited, the FA handed out PAOA cards to everyone in business (because of no layflats) and first (because of no on-demand video). So they must have known that they can't get away with advertising a service and not delivering it.
Did you already submit the PAOA? What was the compensation offered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.