Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Miles or UDU

I know that it all depends on the day and other factors, but my question is in all your experiences, as a 1K is it worth it to burn miles for Y->C or would I have a good chance with UDU?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
as a 1K is it worth it to burn miles for Y->C or would I have a good chance with UDU?
It depends how many miles you have an dhow important the upgrade is. We used CR-1s for this flight because it's really nice to be able to sleep on a 6AM departure.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Seoul again, out Sunday, back Monday

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Now if only our CRJs will magically turn into CR-7s...
Quote of the day!

Looks like a 74C or another will continue to sub for 664/973 through and including Nov 1. N194UA has been asked to return to ICN for another turn at UA893(31) and UA892(1).
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by gatelouse
Quote of the day!

Looks like a 74C or another will continue to sub for 664/973 through and including Nov 1. N194UA has been asked to return to ICN for another turn at UA893(31) and UA892(1).
Figures it starts to flirt in ICN/NRT waters as I transition to having upcoming trips there...

...on the bright side, NRT-ICN is fairly short, so no big diff...though that SFO-NRT...not so much.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by mymiles2go
Figures it starts to flirt in ICN/NRT waters as I transition to having upcoming trips there...

...on the bright side, NRT-ICN is fairly short, so no big diff...though that SFO-NRT...not so much.
It's actually been spotted in ICN quite a bit since September; I believe N194UA has flown more SFO-ICN turns than any other transpacific route. SFO-PVG is a close second.

You're likely safe for SFO-NRT and NRT-ICN. I only recall one SFO-NRT, and that was part of a grand SFO-NRT-ORD-SFO circle that came out of nowhere.

Yes, I've spent far too much time following this thing. Maybe I do belong in the fleet tracking thread after all.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by mymiles2go

NRT-ICN has always been a 777 in the 6 years that I have been taking it.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
It'll be nice to take a 47C westbound for a change, since it's a slightly longer flight.
Ok, make that a much longer flight. They delayed boarding for almost an hour while the mechanics worked on an engine, then boarded us and let us sit for another hour. Good thing it was a 47C with AVOD. If my upgrade had not held, this would not have been fun. (esp. because the A/C at the back of the plane was out, too).

Unfortunately, this may be my last shot at 664/973 before it loses the 747. It was fun while it lasted - 4/5 upgrades, 2 old config, 2 new.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:21 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
10/30
UA664 SFO-ORD
New config

Went mx and swapped after a 2 hour delay to another new config 47 due to damage to one of the cargo doors.

Don't know how long it will be out of service or what that will do the schedule of the "old bird" but just thought I'd share
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by goalie
10/30
UA664 SFO-ORD
New config

Went mx and swapped after a 2 hour delay to another new config 47 due to damage to one of the cargo doors.

Don't know how long it will be out of service or what that will do the schedule of the "old bird" but just thought I'd share
come on UA keep the old 747 flying see how much fun we have on FT>
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I hope it keeps on flying. I have flown it over 12 times in the upper deck this summer and fall. I love this plane.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cbchicago
I hope it keeps on flying. I have flown it over 12 times in the upper deck this summer and fall. I love this plane.
So do I. I've tried to fly on it twice, and both times we had equipment changes

I guess I'll never experience the leg room of row 15
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by goalie
10/30
UA664 SFO-ORD
New config

LOL, and the swapped a/c went mx at ORD with an engine problem and experienced an aggregate 3 hour delay, but did get to SFO in time to continue on as the aircraft to Sydney that evening. Me, I ended up at the Hilton due to misconnect. At least N194UA runs
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/GS 1MM, AA, DL, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, HH Silver
Old 747 flying International again

Had a surprise when I got on board UA893 for a flight from SFO to ICN this past Sunday (31OCT). I walked into C expecting the nice, new lay flat seats, but instead I saw the well worn C of old. (Found out from the FA that they changed the aircraft due to a maintenance issue.) As an added bonus, the video system didn't work, so everyone had to entertain themselves for the flight. I forgot to check the tail when I disembarked, but I assume this was N194UA.

At least is was a smooth ride & we all arrived safely. It just would have been nice to have known about the change ahead of time.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Is that just a coincidence?

Will be on the flight 973 this Wed and has been upgraded to C
Now it's NC0 but still has 21 empty seats (from seat map).
Is it a sign that this flight my be swapped to a new configuration 744 (the difference of C number is 21)?
Keep my finger crossed.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sjlin0121
Will be on the flight 973 this Wed and has been upgraded to C
Now it's NC0 but still has 21 empty seats (from seat map).
Is it a sign that this flight my be swapped to a new configuration 744 (the difference of C number is 21)?
Keep my finger crossed.
Given the frequent swaps between N194UA and 47Cs, it's been looking like they hold back at least 21 C seats until they know which aircraft is going to fly, then release the upgrades at or near departure time.

Currently, 973 on Wed is showing a 47C (new config).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.