Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Did they hand out SkyKit/PAOP forms to everyone in the premium cabins?
No, at least not in the upper deck. Should I complain?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:45 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by atakam
No, at least not in the upper deck. Should I complain?
I certainly would, but usually it is best to ask onboard.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
They should just make N194UA the official retro jet, instead of a 757.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
UA973 ORD-SFO shows the old seat map for 11/21, 11/22,and probably throughout the whole next week. However, UnitedCargo.com has 47C for all these days. If that sticks, will the seat map gets corrected by OLCI time?

BTW,
UnitedCargo.com shows the B747 flying these for the next 4 days.
11/20 ORD-NRT
11/21 NRT-SFO
11/21 SFO-PVG
11/23 PVG-SFO
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:09 pm

Imagine this puppy is seeing some use in order to deal with increased loads over the holidays since total capacity is marginally greater...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Imagine this puppy is seeing some use in order to deal with increased loads over the holidays since total capacity is marginally greater...
They better get N178UA back in service before the LAX-SYD frequency increases to 2 a day in two weeks or.....
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Originally Posted by PromoGoogler
UA973 ORD-SFO shows the old seat map for 11/21, 11/22,and probably throughout the whole next week. However, UnitedCargo.com has 47C for all these days. If that sticks, will the seat map gets corrected by OLCI time?

BTW,
11/20 ORD-NRT
11/21 NRT-SFO
11/21 SFO-PVG
11/23 PVG-SFO
What's been happening is that the seat map stays old config until 24hours out or so, then OLCI is blocked for a while then the when it's unblocked the new config shows.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by goingbananas
They better get N178UA back in service before the LAX-SYD frequency increases to 2 a day in two weeks or.....
178 has been out for a while, hasn't it. Still: 889/888 cease being flown by 744s after Dec 1st, and the SFO-ORD 744 turn goes away after Dec 4th, which will help...............
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Exec, SAS EBG
Originally Posted by PromoGoogler

BTW,
11/20 ORD-NRT
11/21 NRT-SFO
11/21 SFO-PVG
11/23 PVG-SFO
Just saw your post and consider myself a lucky man. I am on the SFO-PVG flight on 11/22! Last month I wasn't so lucky and got stuck on the old bird SFO-ICN. It was an absolutely sinking feeling to arrive at the gate and see the gray paint on the 747.

I went on to unitedcargo and it looks like after the 11/23 PVG-SFO return, N194UA will bounce around between ORD and SFO at least until the end of the week (which is all I care about since I return Saturday).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: UA PremExec
I want to go back to the issue of deceptive practices. UA makes a big deal about the new C product. When one purchases a C seat and calls up the map to select one there is a pic of the new product indicating that "Seating in photo is available on international 747 and 767 aircraft." It does not say "some" or "most" or "all but one" 747 aircraft. They can put whatever they want in the fine print, but there has to be some limit in terms of the fine print contradicting the obvious implication of the big print, no? If I paid $8,000for a C seat to ICN on UA instead of another airline because of the lie flat seat advertised on the website and got to the airport and saw the old product, I think I would have grounds for a deceptive advertising claim. And remember, those who are not regular fliers and do not follow flyer talk might not even know the old bird is flying. How would a normal person booking on UA.com have any indication that they might not get the advertised product?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by saaws
What's been happening is that the seat map stays old config until 24hours out or so, then OLCI is blocked for a while then the when it's unblocked the new config shows.
I can confirm that OLCI is blocked... I'm on 664 tomorrow morning confirmed in C, and can't check in. But you know, I'm really not doing anything today, and I'm OK with a reconfigured 747. It's a hard thing to adjust to, I know, but I think I'll be OK.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:39 pm

I'm confirmed in C for 973 in early December, but I'm wondering if I'm better off with 16G (aisle) or 16H (window), in the event of a swap to the 47C? Obviously I'd be a lot better off with A/B, but those are all taken, except for row 12, which won't help me in a swap. Would really like a window as this would be my first time in the upper deck of a 747, but not if it means a higher chance of getting knocked into E-.

You'd think that G and H would map to J and K on the 47C, but looking earlier in this thread, some people had G map to K and others reported going from upper deck H, to another seat in the lower C cabin, and others lost their C seats altogether (likely because the seat didn't exist on the newer bird).

Any thoughts on whether G vs. H makes any difference, or if fare, status, and time in, trumps all? Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UAkls
If I paid $8,000for a C seat to ICN on UA instead of another airline because of the lie flat seat advertised on the website and got to the airport and saw the old product, I think I would have grounds for a deceptive advertising claim.
Equipment changes are an expected feature of flying. Equipment type is not part of the Contract of Carriage, and is never guaranteed.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by gradient-echo
Any thoughts on whether G vs. H makes any difference, or if fare, status, and time in, trumps all? Thanks!
I'd be pretty confident you'd lock into something on the upper deck with an existing row 16 seat assignment, so the G and H choice might not be too much of an issue. I'd just say start obsessively checking your reservation t-1 day, 2 days, 3 days, etc.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED863
I'd be pretty confident you'd lock into something on the upper deck with an existing row 16 seat assignment, so the G and H choice might not be too much of an issue. I'd just say start obsessively checking your reservation t-1 day, 2 days, 3 days, etc.
LOL, I've already been checking 2-3 times per day! Obsession, I has it.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll go for the window!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.