Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
The last few pages of this thread are mostly about the aircraft being pulled from service soon (and apparently being leased out). Just a handful of posts above yours is the last date on which N194UA will be used, so it's not a one day thing.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:12 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Exclamation Here we go again

Unitedcargo is now showing a 47C for UA664 SFO-ORD and UA973 ORD-SFO for both Friday (10/29) & Saturday (10/30). Hoping my confirmed u/g on Saturday sticks....
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by goalie
Unitedcargo is now showing a 47C for UA664 SFO-ORD and UA973 ORD-SFO for both Friday (10/29) & Saturday (10/30).
But not Sunday. Rats.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But not Sunday. Rats.
You never know..... <crossing sticks>
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Unitedcargo is now showing a 47C for UA664 SFO-ORD and UA973 ORD-SFO for both Friday (10/29) & Saturday (10/30). Hoping my confirmed u/g on Saturday sticks....
Thanks for that info. I was on 973 yesterday, N194UA, rocking in the 45mph winds at the gate, and will be on 973 again on Saturday. My NC upgrade yesterday cleared (from a SWU) about 10 hours prior to departure for yesterday's flight and cleared at booking a few week's ago for Saturday's. If you're 973 upper deck on Saturday, I'll be in 15A, facing one way or another, depending on equipment, presuming the UG sticks
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
And the loser is...Seoul! (UA893, 10/29)

Unitedcargo is now showing a 47C for UA664 SFO-ORD and UA973 ORD-SFO for both Friday (10/29) & Saturday (10/30).
Looks like today's UA973(28) is subbed to a 74C too. Will update if I can figure out where N194UA went...

UPDATE: Looks like it sat at SFO today (Thursday). It's scheduled for Friday's UA893 SFO-ICN and Saturday's return UA892 ICN-SFO.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gatelouse
Looks like today's UA973(28) is subbed to a 74C too. Will update if I can figure out where N194UA went...

UPDATE: Looks like it sat at SFO today (Thursday). It's scheduled for Friday's UA893 SFO-ICN and Saturday's return UA892 ICN-SFO.
Hmm, whaddya know. Unexpected bonus.

Question though: I'm on 973 Friday and it's scheduled to be a 47C. My UDU cleared 3 days ago but given the reduction in C seats, am I risking a downgrade? I'm 1K, but at the lowest possible fare (L).

My seat seems to have changed but the seatmap looks all messed up - I'm pretty sure the main deck C cabin is not 11 seats across.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Interesting that, on .bomb, using a standard C award to search, 973 on Friday is still selling C9, D7, Z5 but the correct 47C seat map is showing completely full. F is selling F5 but with only two seats unoccupied on the seat map. F and C seat maps are not showing at all on EF for this flight.

Saturday 973 is still showing the N194UA seat maps as of this post time.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff

Question though: I'm on 973 Friday and it's scheduled to be a 47C. My UDU cleared 3 days ago but given the reduction in C seats, am I risking a downgrade? I'm 1K, but at the lowest possible fare (L).

My seat seems to have changed but the seatmap looks all messed up - I'm pretty sure the main deck C cabin is not 11 seats across.
I bet you'll be ok. Last time I did 664, we were switched from the old 747 to the 47C. I got my upgrade at the gate, despite having a K fare..
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:38 pm

Have you checked in yet? If not, try checking in and see if you can do it but if not, chances are the swap is going thru as we speak and should process sometime between roughly 10pm and 4am (that's pst as I'm SFO based) tho in my past experience, the swap and seat map has cleared itself up around 2am (again, PST. Also if you're saying the seat map is all messed up, more evidence that the change is going thru now and even tho you are on an "L" fare, remember that the first tiebreaker is status so being a 1k helps a lot in this situation if they need to "cut someone".

Originally Posted by camachinist
.....Saturday 973 is still showing the N194UA seat maps as of this post time.
Yup-Saturday both in my itin and doing a std award search is still showing the old seating configuration.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
sometime between roughly 10pm and 4am (that's pst as I'm SFO based) tho in my past experience, the swap and seat map has cleared itself up around 2am
+1

When we did our MR on 9/11, I found that OLCI opened up around 12:30AM.. Not a clear indication of when your OLCI will open, but it should happen soon.. If anybody was to be downgraded, I bet they would start with the 3P (if any), then 2Ps, 1Ps, and if necessary, 1K.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I bet you'll be ok. Last time I did 664, we were switched from the old 747 to the 47C. I got my upgrade at the gate, despite having a K fare..
Yeah, that happened to me too last time. I was probably the last upgrade to clear (as a 1P with an S fare), when they were already boarding group 2.

I suspect what happens here is that they only advance upgrade enough people to fill a 47C in case of a swap, then fill the rest at the gate if they need to. Though that time (above), the gate upgrades started with about 15 C seats still available.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
If anybody was to be downgraded, I bet they would start with the 3P (if any), then 2Ps, 1Ps, and if necessary, 1K.
That what I'd assume too, but I wondered what might happen if no one below 1K was upgraded, and if there was a 1K on the waitlist with a higher fare than me, would I get bumped down...? I'm guessing not (intentionally) but during IRROPS, things can get messed up, especially if you haven't been assigned a new seat.

Anyway, I went through OCLI and it's the new config seat map. Only one other seat was available, which may mean they're holding some back, or it may mean it's already full.

It'll be nice to take a 47C westbound for a change, since it's a slightly longer flight. Too bad they don't fly this to IAD.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 28, 2010 at 9:17 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
I suspect what happens here is that they only advance upgrade enough people to fill a 47C in case of a swap, then fill the rest at the gate if they need to. Though that time (above), the gate upgrades started with about 15 C seats still available.
That's been my suspicion as well, given my own travel experiences and following this thread. Hundreds of posts on the thread, and hardly a complaint of a confirmed upgrade lost to a 74C swap on 664/973, and none since the swaps have become commonplace. A few reports of double-upgrades to F, though.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You never know..... <crossing sticks>
It worked! ualcargo is now showing 74C for UA973 Sunday.

Now if only our CRJs will magically turn into CR-7s...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It worked! ualcargo is now showing 74C for UA973 Sunday.

Now if only our CRJs will magically turn into CR-7s...
And all 5 of our confirmed upgrades held

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.