Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ermintrude
Any new hot lunch/dinner menu items or are the choices still the cheeseburger, pasta and meatballs and roast beef sandwich? Maybe they discontinued the sandwich?
United updates the Choice Menu fairly reliably:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nomy/menu.aspx
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
United updates the Choice Menu fairly reliably:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nomy/menu.aspx
I think the last update was with the burger which was IIRC 6 months ago.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Twice now, I've had a UAX flight where the FA came down the aisle before even bringing out the drink cart and thank me for being a 1K and offering a complimentary beverage and a snack. Very nice. Awkward for the folks around me when I'm enjoying a coffee and a snack and they haven't even gotten to say hello yet, but nice.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I think the last update was with the burger which was IIRC 6 months ago.
I think the FlyFit Antioxidant Fruit and Nut Mix was added in April.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
Not sure if this is what you mean by "power breakfast" but I got the combination hot egg dish with yogurt and fresh fruit on a morning flight as my 1K coach meal entitlement. It went down well with a Moscow mule!
Yes, I meant the combo. The FA told me the combo was not allowed.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Yes, I meant the combo. The FA told me the combo was not allowed.
Combos and individual items are available to 1K and GS. The FA's received confirmation of this a few months ago so perhaps they weren't aware?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Wayside
Combos and individual items are available to 1K and GS. The FA's received confirmation of this a few months ago so perhaps they weren't aware?
The FA told me that they received a memo that it was "one item only".
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
The FA told me that they received a memo that it was "one item only".
Hmm. The link at the top of the page also says "All choice menu options..."
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Twice now, I've had a UAX flight where the FA came down the aisle before even bringing out the drink cart and thank me for being a 1K and offering a complimentary beverage and a snack.
I'm still waiting for this to happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
I was in E+ on BOS-LAX today. I have to say, the (free) cheeseburger was delicious. Better than many mains I've had in domestic F. Thanks for the free meal, United!
Absolutely! +1
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by WWfly
On EWR-ORD flight a week ago, I asked for a beer and was going to show my MP card. The FA looked up at the row number and said "GS, right" and handed me the drink. I looked up and saw the following black "banner" with the first letter of my last name:

Attachment 33118
Originally Posted by DELee
I think that's the bottom part of a "CREW" bag tag.

David
Originally Posted by WWfly
Then this was me acting DYKWIA
That being said, the FA knew the manifest and from your seat and row had figured out that you were/are a GS.

So righteously, enjoy your DYKWIA - 'cause United does know who you are!

David
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
On UA4196 (operated by ExpressJet, ORD-CLE) today, the FA was doing the beverage service and when she got to my seat she asked "Mr. LincolnJKC, Would you like your complimentary beer, wine or cocktail?" "No thank you, may I have a sprite please?" "Sure, anything else I can get you?"

I thought it was nice and discreet while being very hospitable and offering the benefit...

For the gentleman across the aisle from me "Would you like anything to drink?" "Did I hear beer and wine are complimentary?" "No, that's a benefit for our ultra frequent '1K' flyers..." followed by a short debate where he wasn't getting why he couldn't have the freebie. (I think she just gave up and comped it for him, which based on how long it was taking I was getting ready to just 'let him have mine" if it weren't for the fact my boss was seated immediately behind me...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Sitting in Y from EWR-LAX right now.

Wow, that cheeseburger is truly the best meal I've had on UA all year.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Sitting in Y from EWR-LAX right now.

Wow, that cheeseburger is truly the best meal I've had on UA all year.
yaaas! I can't wait to try the pizza eventually!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:37 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Flew with wife (also 1K by way of my MM companion), 3 year old and our 1 year old in lap...3 across in Y, mainline on a relatively short (2 hour) flight. Asked for a Tapas box (wife and I would share) and a kids' box for Thing 1.

Flight attendant all but insisted that we take a 3rd box, saying "you two shouldn't share that box, get one for each of you, plus one for the kiddo!"

Thought that was awesome!

By the way, never even knew the kids' box existed! And wow, she inhaled that thing! Applesauce gone in 10 seconds flat, on to the fruit snacks, which she loved, downed the animal crackers, and after reluctantly trying the turkey stick (like a Slim Jim), that thing disappeared and we spent the last few days changing the subject every time she's asked for us to get her more of them at the store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.