Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:32 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Beginning today, January 20, 2016, we will be offering Premier 1K and Global Services members 1 complimentary beverage and 1 complimentary Choice Menu food item when seated in United Economy for all UA/UAX flights within North America (all 50-state U.S. flights, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and Central America).

As many of you noted back in October 2015, we began offering 1 complimentary drink to our Global Services and Premier 1K members seated in Economy, and this is an expansion of that program to recognize and show appreciation for your business. We are communicating these changes to our internal teams now and an email communication with more details will also be sent to eligible members in the coming days. Before ordering, let your flight attendant know that you are a Global Services or Premier 1K member and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, Premier membership card, or boarding pass.

As always, we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:33 pm

This is awesome (although slightly annoying that we have to show proof but that's a minor detail)! Thanks UA Insider!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
well done....

^^^^
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Beginning today, January 20, 2016, we will be offering Premier 1K and Global Services members 1 complimentary beverage and 1 complimentary Choice Menu food item when seated in United Economy for all UA/UAX flights within North America (all 50-state U.S. flights, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and Central America).

As many of you noted back in October 2015, we began offering 1 complimentary drink to our Global Services and Premier 1K members seated in Economy, and this is an expansion of that program to recognize and show appreciation for your business. We are communicating these changes to our internal teams now and an email communication with more details will also be sent to eligible members in the coming days. Before ordering, let your flight attendant know that you are a Global Services or Premier 1K member and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, Premier membership card, or boarding pass.

Thank you,

-UA Insider

Now that is a change! Thanks Oscar.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Bravo for another step in the right direction.

Question: Does this apply to family members traveling on the same PNR, like E+ seating access?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
This is a great change, and I'm glad it's finally codified.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by transportprof

Question: Does this apply to family members traveling on the same PNR, like E+ seating access?
Nice to see an optimist. You get 1 drink and one Choice item. How you distribute is your choice...

Awesome announcement - now I don't have to do the "Will I or will I not get the upgrade today and do I need to eat beforehand just in case" game.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:12 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by transportprof

Thanks for asking. Complimentary items are offered only to GS/1K members, regardless of other passengers who may share the same PNR.

-UA Insider
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, Marriott G, SPG G
wow that's a change I like!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC E50, UA 1K 108,678 miles 2014
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you,

-UA Insider
So this doesn't include international TATL or TPAC flights???

If so this is very disappointing as there are many 1k and GS members in economy on these flights
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'll also thank Oscar. This is a change I like! (Although I wish us fellow Plats could also participate.)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
When you notice the traveler shaking his/her cup somewhere in E+, that's a platinum asking for 1K/GS drink chits.

I'm happy for you guys, I promise!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baley
So this doesn't include international TATL or TPAC flights???

If so this is very disappointing as there are many 1k and GS members in economy on these flights
Huh?????

Free food is already provided to everyone across the ponds...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Awesome announcement - now I don't have to do the "Will I or will I not get the upgrade today and do I need to eat beforehand just in case" game.
Yes, exactly!

A change I like! My RPU for HNL-EWR this march hasnt cleared yet. If I really get stuck in E+, at least I'll get some food. Another example of a minor "cheap" change that goes a long way.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:32 pm

Does this mean any item off of the menu?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nomy/menu.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.