FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2149152-complimentary-food-beverage-gs-1k-members-when-seated-economy-archive.html)

UA Insider Jan 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Hi everyone,

Beginning today, January 20, 2016, we will be offering Premier 1K and Global Services members 1 complimentary beverage and 1 complimentary Choice Menu food item when seated in United Economy for all UA/UAX flights within North America (all 50-state U.S. flights, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and Central America).

As many of you noted back in October 2015, we began offering 1 complimentary drink to our Global Services and Premier 1K members seated in Economy, and this is an expansion of that program to recognize and show appreciation for your business. We are communicating these changes to our internal teams now and an email communication with more details will also be sent to eligible members in the coming days. Before ordering, let your flight attendant know that you are a Global Services or Premier 1K member and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, Premier membership card, or boarding pass.

As always, we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

-UA Insider

edcho Jan 20, 2016 1:33 pm

This is awesome (although slightly annoying that we have to show proof but that's a minor detail)! Thanks UA Insider!

nyr2299 Jan 20, 2016 1:34 pm

well done....

^^^^

NikoLGA Jan 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 26051181)
Hi everyone,

Beginning today, January 20, 2016, we will be offering Premier 1K and Global Services members 1 complimentary beverage and 1 complimentary Choice Menu food item when seated in United Economy for all UA/UAX flights within North America (all 50-state U.S. flights, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and Central America).

As many of you noted back in October 2015, we began offering 1 complimentary drink to our Global Services and Premier 1K members seated in Economy, and this is an expansion of that program to recognize and show appreciation for your business. We are communicating these changes to our internal teams now and an email communication with more details will also be sent to eligible members in the coming days. Before ordering, let your flight attendant know that you are a Global Services or Premier 1K member and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, Premier membership card, or boarding pass.

Thank you,

-UA Insider

Now that is a change! Thanks Oscar.

transportprof Jan 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Bravo for another step in the right direction.

Question: Does this apply to family members traveling on the same PNR, like E+ seating access?

HoyaSFOIAD Jan 20, 2016 2:07 pm

This is a great change, and I'm glad it's finally codified.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jan 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26051383)

Question: Does this apply to family members traveling on the same PNR, like E+ seating access?

Nice to see an optimist. You get 1 drink and one Choice item. How you distribute is your choice...

Awesome announcement - now I don't have to do the "Will I or will I not get the upgrade today and do I need to eat beforehand just in case" game.

UA Insider Jan 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26051383)

Thanks for asking. Complimentary items are offered only to GS/1K members, regardless of other passengers who may share the same PNR.

-UA Insider

tjtcwfls Jan 20, 2016 2:14 pm

wow that's a change I like!

Baley Jan 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 26051181)
Hi everyone,

Thank you,

-UA Insider

So this doesn't include international TATL or TPAC flights???

If so this is very disappointing as there are many 1k and GS members in economy on these flights

worldwidedreamer Jan 20, 2016 2:21 pm

I'll also thank Oscar. This is a change I like! (Although I wish us fellow Plats could also participate.)

riphamilton Jan 20, 2016 2:21 pm

When you notice the traveler shaking his/her cup somewhere in E+, that's a platinum asking for 1K/GS drink chits.

I'm happy for you guys, I promise!

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jan 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Baley (Post 26051475)
So this doesn't include international TATL or TPAC flights???

If so this is very disappointing as there are many 1k and GS members in economy on these flights

Huh?????

Free food is already provided to everyone across the ponds...

eng3 Jan 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 26051461)
Awesome announcement - now I don't have to do the "Will I or will I not get the upgrade today and do I need to eat beforehand just in case" game.

Yes, exactly!

A change I like! My RPU for HNL-EWR this march hasnt cleared yet. If I really get stuck in E+, at least I'll get some food. Another example of a minor "cheap" change that goes a long way.

FL390 Jan 20, 2016 2:32 pm

Does this mean any item off of the menu?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nomy/menu.aspx