Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-MIA 24 July 627 pm 739M seat 2B

PDB of water or champagne. Note the plastic glass! The “champagne” is truly dreadful though.

Choice of Impossible meatballs or chicken za’atar. Pre-ordered the latter.

Excellent crew and the new Polaris-esque IFE is great.

Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
May have had a major miscater tonight on FLL-IAH

Dinner choices were the chicken and the QUICHE
The quiche/puff pastry is one of my favorite dishes in the rotation across both breakfast and lunch/dinner, so I probably wouldn't mind it accidentally showing up on a lunch/dinner flight. That said, it is normally served with sausage--do you know if the FAs on your flight removed the sausage to make it a vegetarian dish (as the other choice was chicken)?
cczzll likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
The quiche/puff pastry is one of my favorite dishes in the rotation across both breakfast and lunch/dinner, so I probably wouldn't mind it accidentally showing up on a lunch/dinner flight. That said, it is normally served with sausage--do you know if the FAs on your flight removed the sausage to make it a vegetarian dish (as the other choice was chicken)?
didn't ask about the sausage
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
didn't ask about the sausage
The sausage became a FA ‘snack’ 🤣
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
BNA-DEN Lunch 25 July UA 1833
Preordered Za'atar chicken and it was noted by our FA.
Meal came with the Dole Fruit Cup and since the aircraft came inbound from DEN as a quick turn, I asked the FA if they had a proper fruit bowl on that flight. She said they did and the reason we had the fruit cup is the 737s don't have chillers so the fruit would spoil for that long of a catering trip, whereas the A320s have chillers and could cater fruit in both directions. Besides the obvious catering shortcomings of some stations (IAH!) this explains a bit about why outstation to hub meals seem to be fruit cup havens.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Meal came with the Dole Fruit Cup and since the aircraft came inbound from DEN as a quick turn, I asked the FA if they had a proper fruit bowl on that flight. She said they did and the reason we had the fruit cup is the 737s don't have chillers so the fruit would spoil for that long of a catering trip, whereas the A320s have chillers and could cater fruit in both directions. Besides the obvious catering shortcomings of some stations (IAH!) this explains a bit about why outstation to hub meals seem to be fruit cup havens.
I guess LAS has catering facilities because I definitely had fresh fruit bowl on a 737 from LAS before
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by leftysauce
I guess LAS has catering facilities because I definitely had fresh fruit bowl on a 737 from LAS before
If they don't it would be a function of where the food started at - e.g. LAX/SFO-LAS-IAH/ORD/EWR it probably is within parameters because of the short hop from west coast to LAS. It's a logistics business, for sure.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
That explanation makes no sense. Can't keep fruit cold and "fresh" - but can keep an entree with meat cold enough to serve?
MatthewLAX, wpcoe, st530 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Suprised with a meal on 9PM MCO-EWR

7/26
UA 2184
MCO-EWR
9:09 departure
737 MAX 8

Great Flight

I didn’t eat because I eat at the UC and it was late.
And didn’t expect a meal because the app said “snack”
and I was expecting the awful baggie. Especially on this leisure route.

FA was very attentive, came to row 3 first as me and my neighbor since it appeared we were the only 1K’s.

Gave full descriptions of the mains and the sides
Impossible meatballs with some type of grain/pasta
Fiesta chicken( I think ) with some kind of grain/pasta
Two chocolate chip cookies that looked good.

Also love the MAX 8. Much roomier overhead bins and entertainment system. Seats are comfortable enough.
kirkwoodj and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:19 pm

Is it usual for United to serve a meal on a red eye flight? I was on UA 1268 from SEA to EWR and they had two options: chicken dish or impossible meatballs with pasta. I didn't get the food since I was too tired but I was surprised when the flight said it was just a snack included.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by techeng723
Is it usual for United to serve a meal on a red eye flight? I was on UA 1268 from SEA to EWR and they had two options: chicken dish or impossible meatballs with pasta. I didn't get the food since I was too tired but I was surprised when the flight said it was just a snack included.
It’s been “usual” during the COVID era. Will be interesting to see when will they roll it back.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by techeng723
Theres a F meal on all red-eyes ex-Hawaii. I’ve never had one in 20 or so red eye departures over the years. I never eat at midnight, not going to do so just because someone’s willing to put it in front of me.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Theres a F meal on all red-eyes ex-Hawaii. I’ve never had one in 20 or so red eye departures over the years. I never eat at midnight, not going to do so just because someone’s willing to put it in front of me.
Meals on the Hawaii red eyes are downright silly regardless of carrier. But Americans need their calories even at 11pm or later.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Well at least they didn't bother with that huge glass bowl highlighting the sadness of the fruit cup. Maybe they should just have smaller bowls and then the FA just dumps the contents into it.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
I had the Za'atar chicken for the first time a week ago and found it truly heinous. The chicken was like eating shredded cardboard. Is this a new addition? Are you guys liking this?
SFO777 and xfisgsm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.