Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Saturday CLE-ORD on the CRJ550 (GoJet), no PDB offered (didn't expect it on UAX), but once in the air wine served in the clear plastic wine tumbler (not a blue cup). Surprised that the FA came through with a snack basket that included the cheese/cracker tray I've seen posted here before.

Sunday on the return ORD-CLE mainline flight, PDB of water/sparkling wine offered but no snack basket...
plinth857 likes this.

Last edited by paule123; Jul 18, 2022 at 11:05 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:43 pm

Flying from Newark to Seattle and the options to preorder breakfast are: Belgium waffle, Horchata steel cut oatmeal, tomato and kale baked egg, ginger bread french toast and scrambled eggs. I'm semi-surprised on the number of options they have.
COEWR2587 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
1450 -2:35pm EWR-LAX

We were connecting to UA839 to SYD so we ate in the Polaris Lounge at EWR prior to this flight. We skipped the main meal but did both pre-arrival snacks.

Plate 1 - Turkey, Salami, Cheese, Grapes, Strawberries, Crackers
Plate 2 - Quinoa, Hummus, Olive, Grapes, Crackers.

Outstanding crew kept checking on us and offering refills.

mdtakamine likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by phkc070408
We were connecting to UA839 to SYD so we ate in the Polaris Lounge at EWR prior to this flight. We skipped the main meal but did both pre-arrival snacks.

Plate 2 - Quinoa, Hummus, Olive, Grapes, Crackers.

Outstanding crew kept checking on us and offering refills.

Could they not bother to plate this on a tray at least? Or add a chocolate square?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by phkc070408

Plate 2 - Quinoa, Hummus, Olive, Grapes, Crackers....

Write in and ask for compensation - no olive!

...and only United has the gall to call two strawberry halves "strawberries" instead of "strawberry".
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Could they not bother to plate this on a tray at least? Or add a chocolate square?
Why? It's not like the passenger is schlepping the dish from a cafeteria. Also, plated course, as opposed to dropping a tray, is more elegant.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

...and only United has the gall to call two strawberry halves "strawberries" instead of "strawberry".
There is an olive - it's in disguise next to the grape on the right hand side.
elitefreak, SPN Lifer and Wooglin like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1661 IAD-PUJ, 7/15/2022
737-900ER

My upgrade cleared--not just on a mileage ticket, but on a saver redemption--about eight minutes after I checked in. That was too late for me to select an entree, but I also avoided the possible disappointmnt of choosing the French toast and then learning, as a few other pax did, that it hadn't gotten boarded. After the egg-and-sausage sandwich I'd had in the United Club, I opted for the Belgian waffle over the egg scramble. It was not a huge serving (the plating calls out for a second sausage), but it was enough food for a roughly three-hour flight. Service included a choice of water or mimosas for PDB, then frequent refills.

UA 1669 PUJ-IAD, 7/18/2022
737-900ER

My upgrade cleared on my cash ticket days in advance, but on this flight we only had the Impossible meatballs and chicken z'aatar. Having enjoyed some veggie sausages before (look, the ingredients may be a mystery, but so are the ingredients in traditional sausages), I had to try the first option. I'd order it again; the meatballs had a rich flavor that could have fooled me, plus I love Israeli couscous as a side/base. The rest of the meal, unfortunately, featured a roll and Pie in the Sky cookie that were not warmed up, plus the dreaded Dole prepackaged fruit cup. The aircraft had flown in from EWR that morning, and since I presume it was double-catered there, should I blame that last side on EWR being EWR?

Drink service, however, was once again good, with water and sparkling wine for a PDB. The FAs made enough passes through the cabin that the couple behind me apparently accounted for two bottles of red on their own!

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by paule123
Saturday CLE-ORD on the CRJ550 (GoJet), no PDB offered (didn't expect it on UAX), but once in the air wine served in the clear plastic wine tumbler (not a blue cup). Surprised that the FA came through with a snack basket that included the cheese/cracker tray I've seen posted here before.

Sunday on the return ORD-CLE mainline flight, PDB of water/sparkling wine offered but no snack basket...
Being a CLE flyer, you may know... does CLE cater hot meals on outgoing flights? I know they used to have a kitchen here, but I have no idea if it still operates. I'll be flying CLE-DEN in September and was curious what to expect.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by plinth857
Being a CLE flyer, you may know... does CLE cater hot meals on outgoing flights? I know they used to have a kitchen here, but I have no idea if it still operates. I'll be flying CLE-DEN in September and was curious what to expect.
Yes, CLE does cater hot meals on outgoing flights. I got the egg scramble last month on a CLE-MCO morning flight, and the egg bites on a CLE-LAX morning flight back in January.
kirkwoodj, plinth857 and Wooglin like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Well she brought them on a tray but I had my computer out and a tray would mean I wouldn't have room for my laptop. These plates fit nicely on the middle table while my wife was asleep.

Well there wasn't a printed menu, so I didn't see the work "Strawberries." However, looking at the picture, it looks like it's two one-third pieces, not even a whole strawberry.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

I believe those are strawberry quarters, not halves, if we want to be precise/pedantic.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
May have had a major miscater tonight on FLL-IAH

Dinner choices were the chicken and the QUICHE

Crew was great, however. Even had a hand written menu to show the choices

Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
May have had a major miscater tonight on FLL-IAH

Dinner choices were the chicken and the QUICHE

Crew was great, however. Even had a hand written menu to show the choices
Interestingly, I had a breakfast croissant sandwich ex-MIA on a 630 pm departure a couple of months ago.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by st530
Interestingly, I had a breakfast croissant sandwich ex-MIA on a 630 pm departure a couple of months ago.
seems like S Fla has some catering issues then
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
seems like S Fla has some catering issues then
FLL has had catering issues since the Continental days, so not surprised FLL had a catering mess up
Wooglin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.