Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Any chance the kosher meal would be the same vendor from KOA-LAX since this flight is double catered?
Not catered out of KOA so definitely possible. The just flip the jet around and send it back to LAX with what was initially loaded (meals that is).
hawaii-bound likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by UAFAM
What is the current dinner option on EWR-SFO route?
The.same old cafeteria food, even that's giving UA too much credit.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
With the pre-order allegedly started Aug 1, what is the HNL-ORD meal service? I fly in 4 days and haven't gotten a pre-order option. Also, any idea about the DEN-HNL meal service later this month? TYIA.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
What is the current dinner option on EWR-SFO route?
Ciao pepe ravioli or Thai noddles with chicken.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
The.same old cafeteria food, even that's giving UA too much credit.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Ciao pepe ravioli or Thai noddles with chicken.
If that's the case, then I will pre-order kosher meal.
MatthewLAX and ezefllying like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
If that's the case, then I will pre-order kosher meal.
I just flew the same route and ordered a gluten-free meal.

Meal one - hot chicken breast:

Meal two - cold chicken breast:

Microwave and UAFAM like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:11 pm

Website meal descriptions seem to be fixed. I have a SFO-SAT-SFO trip in early September. When I booked a couple of weeks ago, the itinerary showed Snack for both outbound and return. As of today, the site shows Lunch and Breakfast respectively.
joepa26 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
8/19 UA1666 SFO-EWR 11:50pm

Pretty filling meal for such a late departure time although they havent changed the menu choices for what has felt like a year. Chicken with polenta or pasta. Definitely chose the wrong option since theres so much cheese. From the ricotta cheese loaded in the pasta to the cheesecake. Wish they would change up the dessert option to at least some other cheesecake flavors or offer a selection.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
8/20 UA1257 EWR-SFO 8:30pm

Separate nut and drink service. The thai chicken noodle is definitely one of my favorite United options out of EWR. Also enjoyed the cabbage slaw with the ginger sesame dressing. Although this is the exact same menu as the past year. Wish they would offer some additional cheesecake flavors. Bring back the made to order sundaes!

Pre-arrival snack has been the same for quite some time. Extremely small portions for the hummus and grain salad. Combining it with the cheese plate makes for a filling enough snack.
joepa26 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by VWang1111
Wish they would change up the dessert option to at least some other cheesecake flavors or offer a selection.
UA offers multiple flavors of that cheesecake, here are the other two favors that I have tried:

Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:31 pm

UA offers multiple flavors of that cheesecake, here are the other two favors that I have tried:

They should offer all 3 flavors on every flight especially since these shouldn't be perishable if the packaging stays intact and can be reused for a future flight if it's not consumed on this flight. A small cost but would set them apart from the pack by providing dessert "options".
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Wish they would change up the dessert option to at least some other cheesecake flavors or offer a selection.
How about something that's not served in disposable packaging?
char777, tcdtcd, joepa26 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Interesting experience out of IAH yesterday. Lucked out getting AA to rebook me STLIAHSAN since DFW was a mess and their only option was getting me to SAN on Tuesday which wasn't going to work, but that's another story.

I was #1 for the upgrade and since my chances looked good I opted to not buy food in the terminal to take onboard. The board the flight and as its completed the Captain comes out and indicates that they don't have enough F meals, and he wanted us to have the experience that we expected flying UA so they called catering and they were bringing additional meals. 20-30 mins pass and the Captain comes out again and says catering only brought us 5 kids snackboxes. He was willing to call again, indicated he wanted to go into the terminal and buy food but everything was closed. At this point FA said they have 13 meals and apologized profusely, saying they would make up for it. I was in row 5 so figured I'd be stuck with the snack box but surprisingly by the time the FA got to me they still had a few chicken entrees (Zantar) available. What I found weird was that IAH is a major hub so its not like this was an outstation with limited options. Secondly this was a 2145 departure which in CO days only meant a cold snack plate, but I'm not complaining.

No nuts or pre-meal snack, but figured it was part of the catering snafu, and the crew was pretty good considering. Trays come out and it appears that there is a new catering dish that hopefully is replacing the current casserole dish/bowl we've all grown to "love." I'll post pics shortly; the chicken was relatively dry and the orzo was kinda hard. Fruit and "pie in the sky" were the only other items on the tray, no roll and definitely would have preferred a salad as side dish. Maybe the new catering dish is a sign of things to come?!?!

Not sure if the quantity of food increased, but the larger dish definitely looks more appealing than the other one theyve been using. This seems to be more in line with the entree dishes that AA/DL use for domestic F.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 22, 2022 at 1:38 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Interesting experience out of IAH yesterday. Lucked out getting AA to rebook me STLIAHSAN since DFW was a mess and their only option was getting me to SAN on Tuesday which wasn't going to work, but that's another story.

I was #1 for the upgrade and since my chances looked good I opted to not buy food in the terminal to take onboard. The board the flight and as its completed the Captain comes out and indicates that they don't have enough F meals, and he wanted us to have the experience that we expected flying UA so they called catering and they were bringing additional meals. 20-30 mins pass and the Captain comes out again and says catering only brought us 5 kids snackboxes. He was willing to call again, indicated he wanted to go into the terminal and buy food but everything was closed. At this point FA said they have 13 meals and apologized profusely, saying they would make up for it. I was in row 5 so figured I'd be stuck with the snack box but surprisingly by the time the FA got to me they still had a few chicken entrees (Zantar) available. What I found weird was that IAH is a major hub so its not like this was an outstation with limited options. Secondly this was a 2145 departure which in CO days only meant a cold snack plate, but I'm not complaining.

No nuts or pre-meal snack, but figured it was part of the catering snafu, and the crew was pretty good considering. Trays come out and it appears that there is a new catering dish that hopefully is replacing the current casserole dish/bowl we've all grown to "love." I'll post pics shortly; the chicken was relatively dry and the orzo was kinda hard. Fruit and "pie in the sky" were the only other items on the tray, no roll and definitely would have preferred a salad as side dish. Maybe the new catering dish is a sign of things to come?!?!

img

Not sure if the quantity of food increased, but the larger dish definitely looks more appealing than the other one theyve been using. This seems to be more in line with the entree dishes that AA/DL use for domestic F.
Reminds me of this survey:
[UA Survey] - "Help us update the United Polaris business class experience"

Seems they settled on just updating one dish. 😖
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
Reminds me of this survey:
[UA Survey] - "Help us update the United Polaris business class experience"

Seems they settled on just updating one dish. 😖
And here we just wanted better food and plated accordingly.

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.