Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:18 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by st530
One nit: while I like the warmed pie in the sky, I almost wished they had left it in the wrapper (like the bread) so I could take it for later. Instead I had no choice but to wolf it down in-flight. 😏
I think they are all catered in a tray unwrapped now. With that said, just wrap it in cocktail napkin and take it home if you want to deprive yourself.
SPN Lifer and st530 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by st530
One nit: while I like the warmed pie in the sky, I almost wished they had left it in the wrapper (like the bread) so I could take it for later. Instead I had no choice but to wolf it down in-flight. 😏
Originally Posted by PTahCha
I think they are all catered in a tray unwrapped now. With that said, just wrap it in cocktail napkin and take it home if you want to deprive yourself.
Pro tip: Ask for the tray

David
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
So is the consensus the website is now inaccurate? I have a 3+ hour DEN-YYZ departing about 5pm still showing "snack" not a meal. It is operated by mainline UA on a 737-800.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
So is the consensus the website is now inaccurate? I have a 3+ hour DEN-YYZ departing about 5pm still showing "snack" not a meal. It is operated by mainline UA on a 737-800.
at 899 miles, there should be dinner served.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
at 899 miles, there should be dinner served.
Right. I agree. Yet the UA site says "snack". I guess I am asking which one of the following I should assume as true:
1) The website is incorrect. Because my flight is over 800 miles and operated by mainline at dinnertime there will be a hot meal; Or
2) The website is correct. "800 Miles+" is loosely interpreted by United even in mainline. If you are 899 miles don't count on it. If the website says "Snack" it will be a Snack.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
Right. I agree. Yet the UA site says "snack". I guess I am asking which one of the following I should assume as true:
1) The website is incorrect. Because my flight is over 800 miles and operated by mainline at dinnertime there will be a hot meal; Or
2) The website is correct. "800 Miles+" is loosely interpreted by United even in mainline. If you are 899 miles don't count on it. If the website says "Snack" it will be a Snack.
Snack has been the same as meal on many flights during the pandemic. For example, red eyes would show snack and still serve dinner.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Yesterday SFO-HNL they were all individually wrapped when served. FA said it varies these days … as she handed me two extra to take 😃
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
AUS-IAD 4:21pm CT. Listed as snack for 1200ish mile flight.

PDB sparkling wine or water in plastic cups
Choice of impossible meatballs or chicken z. Took drink order along with meal choice.

Meatballs were quite good. I like impossible meat and this is in sauce and retains moisture well. Would eat again. Bread was warmed - kudos. Fruit cup in glass bowl is sad.

Came through cabin and made sure passengers were taken care of after dinner. Got an extra chocolate chip pie before landing.

Great FA. Will send in note.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
IAD-SFO, dinner flight, 772

Choice was chicken z or Impossible meatballs. Went with chicken z since I had the meatballs already. I liked the meatballs better. This time they served the fruit in a bowl instead of a packaged cup. The dessert was a white choc raspberry pre-packaged cookie instead of the packaged cookie pie (which is better IMO). Bread was not in a package (yes) and served somewhat warm. Great crew on this flight as well.

IAD is certainly a cesspool of despair when there are multiple large airplane flights all leaving in neighboring gates.

ll22949 likes this.

Last edited by CApreppie; Jul 4, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Post Jun does it matter if the flight is normally UAX or not?

I have a EWR-MIA and a MIA-IAD legs coming up - all on mainline (A319 and A320 respectively) but IAD-MIA is typically UAX I think.

Will I still get hot meal options? Do they double cater the MIA-IAD flight?

Obviously both flights are listed as "Snack" and we all know that could mean anything from water to 3 course meal LOL - BUT - Because they are listed as "Snack" is that maybe why i am not getting the option to pre order a meal?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I would go with impossible meatballs first. Hopefully will get to try the new food soon.
I recently had the impossible meatballs for the first time after the FA suggested it. I was pleasantly suprised, it was good!
CApreppie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Pre-order not showing up. We're inside 5 days and when you go into the reservation on the app you can see the pre-order selection grayed out but then disappears after about 2-3 seconds.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsb7140
Pre-order not showing up. We're inside 5 days and when you go into the reservation on the app you can see the pre-order selection grayed out but then disappears after about 2-3 seconds.
Widebody?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Widebody?
Nope - 737. I was able to snap a screenshot of it before it disappeared.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsb7140
Nope - 737. I was able to snap a screenshot of it before it disappeared.
That's so odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.