Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
SNA to IAH today. Chicken or Impossible meatballs. Had the meatballs, not bad. My co workers who were in first on the way out were complaining it was the same options. Sounds like they could mix it up a bit more.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: United Premier Gold
EWR to LAX in early June.

Choices were waffle or kale egg bake. Went with the latter, and it was honestly one of the better United meals I’ve had in recent memory. Miles better than the sad ex-NRT omlettes or the egg tarts I got on my LAX > NRT flight.

PDB of OJ or champagne was offered.

Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
MIA-DEN
UA576 4-Aug
737-900 (nonER)
15:50 Departure, Dinner

We've all seen the Impossible Meatballs dish so maybe I'll just focus on how fantastic the service was. DEN-based cabin/flight crew and both the purser and galley assist were phenomenal. Greeted by name, thanked for my business and confirmed that my pre-order had been loaded (this actually worked just fine both DEN-MIA & MIA-DEN). I noticed that since this was an outstation, there were 2 choices compared to the 5 on the outbound from DEN. PDBs of sparkling or water offered once settled as well as the offer to hang my suit coat. The meal was perfectly fine. The portions were filling, the bread was warmed, the fruit was just the right amount. Multiple drink runs the entire flight - they did not hide in the galley after the service. Best part of the flight, about 90 minutes before landing, they came through the cabin with warmed Pie in the Sky cookies for everyone - reminded me of tulip UA mid-con flights when that was the standard (side note, the United logos were always placed facing me - which having been married to a flight attendant for 12 years is always noticed and appreciated). Many nice touches that made this a great flight home after a long work week.
Nothing says "packaged" like the flattened sauce layer on the meatballs from the foil! Spoils an otherwise nice presentation. But I know, who really cares?
MarkyMarc and Jerkstore like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
SEA-DEN 0500 departure 13AUG. Breakfast choices were the waffle and egg/ham/cheese scramble. Sounded like a minor catering error, as FAs said they were a meal short. Only a handful of pre-orders.

DEN-GRR 1010 departure 13 AUG. Onboard choices were Za’atar chicken and Impossible meatballs (FA didn’t identify as Impossible). Preorder had at least the burger any maybe others (can’t recall). Looked from the FA’s little chart like about half the cabin preordered.

I had the eggs and chicken which i was fine with. Looks from here like those choices have gotten a little old, but it’s only my second time on UA this year so fine for me.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MIA-EWR 13 Aug 900 am 738 seat 2E

Preordered the egg scramble. Very hearty and tasty portion that blows always any pre-arrival breakfast currently being served in Polaris. (Just bizarre, that.)

Good energetic young crew.

Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
IAH - GRR UAX 6093 Aug 11

Choices were cold Zataar chicken or cheese plate. I wasn't too hungry so went with the cheese plate. However, it's more of a cheese package as they just put the plastic tray of cheese on the tray. The cheese honestly isn't that bad but the presentation is awful. I just don't get why they can't put this same cheese on a plate with a few crackers like they do in Polaris. Reduces waste, saves on packaging plus they can buy the cheese in bulk and probably save there too. It would look so much nicer. Also, while I like fruit, I think the whole fruit side is weird, especially for a dinner flight. I would think a side salad would be more appropriate as a side which is what most airlines do (plus they serve the banana on the side already so you already have a fruit side).

The FA was very good and paced out the meal service.

Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by st530
Preordered the egg scramble. Very hearty and tasty portion that blows always any pre-arrival breakfast currently being served in Polaris. (Just bizarre, that.)
Any hot sauce come with it? (in case hidden)
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
UA516
LAX-JFK
757-200
10:20PM departure

I ordered the Kosher meal...it was far better than the usual morel chicken or ravioli we've seen the last two years.

Even a substantial pre-arrival meal, though not exactly breakfast...

Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
That looks pretty good. I had gotten the arrival breakfast (e.g. croissant) exactly one time out of a dozen or so TCON redeyes. It was the only time I was still asleep during descent under 10K feet. As soon as the FA saw me waking up, he asked if I wanted breakfast, he heated up the croissant in under 30 secs, I finished in about the same time frame, and handed him back the tray.

Sadly, the only time...
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
KOA-LAX

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UA516
LAX-JFK
757-200
10:20PM departure

I ordered the Kosher meal...it was far better than the usual morel chicken or ravioli we've seen the last two years.

Even a substantial pre-arrival meal, though not exactly breakfast...

Any chance the kosher meal would be the same vendor from KOA-LAX since this flight is double catered?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Any chance the kosher meal would be the same vendor from KOA-LAX since this flight is double catered?
probably a very good chance.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any hot sauce come with it? (in case hidden)
Nope.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Dealing with the Brioche Burger

IAD-DEN Flight 1842 17 Aug
Pre-Ordered the Brioche Burger

The meal was delivered as a rock hard bun with meat and cheese. After contemplating the thing in front of me I determined to make it edible, maybe even enjoyable, so on to the modifications.

First, I turned the thing upside down to vent some of the excessive heat contained in the lower half of the bun. Then dealt with the hardness of the bread by poking holes with the fork which helped a little bit. Took a bite and then thought it needed something extra to make it edible.

Then a memory from a trip to Rio in 2004 popped up in the old brain:

Cervantes Especial Filet Mignon Frois Pate and Pineapple sandwhich Copacabana Rio De Janeiro

for those who know, you know, for others, oh well...

The side fruit salad had a piece of pinapple, so I cut in half lengthwise (thin slices) and added it to the burger...

...voila! not bad.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
SFO777 and juditha55 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:23 pm

What is the current dinner option on EWR-SFO route?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cyborg
IAD-DEN Flight 1842 17 Aug
Pre-Ordered the Brioche Burger

The meal was delivered as a rock hard bun with meat and cheese. After contemplating the thing in front of me I determined to make it edible, maybe even enjoyable, so on to the modifications.

First, I turned the thing upside down to vent some of the excessive heat contained in the lower half of the bun. Then dealt with the hardness of the bread by poking holes with the fork which helped a little bit. Took a bite and then thought it needed something extra to make it edible.

Then a memory from a trip to Rio in 2004 popped up in the old brain:

Cervantes Especial Filet Mignon Frois Pate and Pineapple sandwhich Copacabana Rio De Janeiro

for those who know, you know, for others, oh well...

The side fruit salad had a piece of pinapple, so I cut in half lengthwise (thin slices) and added it to the burger...

...voila! not bad.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
MADNESS!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.