Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by VWang1111
They should offer all 3 flavors on every flight especially since these shouldn't be perishable if the packaging stays intact and can be reused for a future flight if it's not consumed on this flight. A small cost but would set them apart from the pack by providing dessert "options".
Incorrect. Notice the package says KEEP REFRIGERATED. Since there is no refrigeration facility on the plane, the cheesecake cannot be re-served once boarded.

Originally Posted by dkc192
How about something that's not served in disposable packaging?
And pre-plate the dessert with plastic covering and creating same amount of waste?
ATLintheair likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Incorrect. Notice the package says KEEP REFRIGERATED. Since there is no refrigeration facility on the plane, the cheesecake cannot be re-served once boarded.
?
That's good to know. I'm still of an opinion that they should change up the dessert options without spending any extra money by catering a variety onboard and taking orders front to back or adding this to the pre-order functionality.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Reminds me of this survey:
[UA Survey] - "Help us update the United Polaris business class experience"

Seems they settled on just updating one dish. 😖
I remember years ago now way way before the merger, Gerry Gulli invited a focus group to sample some Business class meals.

We were presented a salmon dish as it was currently offered in UA Business class and then a "new" salmon dish presented on different china.

It tasted exactly the same to me and I asked Chef Gulli what the difference was and he said the plate.

I just checked and Chef Gulli is still in charge, so not surprised different plate same food.
dw and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kmersh
We were presented a salmon dish as it was currently offered in UA Business class and then a "new" salmon dish presented on different china.

It tasted exactly the same to me and I asked Chef Gulli what the difference was and he said the plate. .....
But suspect a significant number from the taste different. This has been shown in multiple studies, that the visual presentation impacts "taste". Folks have made that comment about the dish styles UA uses.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
SFO-EWR August 15, UA1428
There were only 2 options during this flight:
1. Vegetarian enchilada
2. chicken breast with broccoli

My wife and I both enjoyed the enchilada. Very flavorful, like eating a Taco Bell meal. The chicken breast was dry and covered with broccoli that had a weird moist towel taste to it. The polenta next to it was good though.

Enchilada

There's a chicken breast somewhere underneath that broccoli.
joepa26 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Lol. That’s pasta, not an enchilada.
rch4u and COA777 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cerberus435
...Very flavorful, like eating a Taco Bell meal. ...

That's not exactly a compliment, unless you made it in jest
dw, view, MatthewLAX and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
...visual presentation impacts "taste"....
I hope GS and 1Ks get their choice of plate shape first
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:26 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cerberus435
SFO-EWR August 15, UA1428
There were only 2 options during this flight:
1. Vegetarian enchilada
2. chicken breast with broccoli

My wife and I both enjoyed the enchilada. Very flavorful, like eating a Taco Bell meal. The chicken breast was dry and covered with broccoli that had a weird moist towel taste to it. The polenta next to it was good though.

Enchilada

There's a chicken breast somewhere underneath that broccoli.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Lol. That’s pasta, not an enchilada.
The real funny/sad part is that only on United could you not easily discern the difference in taste……

DEN
dw likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:22 am

Flying from LGA-ORD at 8am; it says Snack....

No pre-order options now that I'm five days out, so I'm guessing maybe there will only be choices on-board? What should I expect? Waffle or Denver Scramble with the possibility of just the All-In-one?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
Flying from LGA-ORD at 8am; it says Snack....

No pre-order options now that I'm five days out, so I'm guessing maybe there will only be choices on-board? What should I expect? Waffle or Denver Scramble with the possibility of just the All-In-one?
Unfortunately not. If anything, you’ll get the baggie - small water, pretzels, and biscoff/stroop.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Unfortunately not. If anything, you’ll get the baggie - small water, pretzels, and biscoff/stroop.
Are you sure? “Snack” usually denotes a hot plated service of some kind, as it’s a flight over 800 miles. I just don’t see the pre-order options like I usually do.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I am sure…..unless there’s a miscater.
Meal flights are 800 miles and higher, ORD-LGA is under that. It used to be an “exception” flight and get meals. No longer unfortunately.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I am sure…..unless there’s a miscater.
Meal flights are 800 miles and higher, ORD-LGA is under that. It used to be an “exception” flight and get meals. No longer unfortunately.
Yes, I remember the old days when it was carved out as an exception. If you check the app though, LGA-ORD shows “Snack” for all breakfast flights, whereas EWR-ORD shows “No meals offered on this flight”

I’ll differ to your experience if you’ve flown on this route, though.

I guess I’ll wait and see....
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
Yes, I remember the old days when it was carved out as an exception. If you check the app though, LGA-ORD shows “Snack” for all breakfast flights, whereas EWR-ORD shows “No meals offered on this flight”

I’ll differ to your experience if you’ve flown on this route, though.

I guess I’ll wait and see....
Did this trip ORD-EWR/LGA-ORD a couple weeks ago. Nearly positive it was the all-in-one snack bag so don’t expect much. (Was in coach as it was only seat available after multiple LGA/ORD flight cancellations so going off what i remember seeing through the aisle).

I had the same question using the same logic (posted in a different thread) and same answer. I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.