Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[UA Survey] - "Help us update the United Polaris business class experience"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:10 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist

Received this today, and gosh did it feel good to vent on the pathetic offerings that are Polaris soft product these days.

Tell us what you'd like to see on
your next Polaris flight.

We're enhancing the Polaris business class experience and would love to hear your thoughts. We hope you have just a few minutes to complete our short survey.
A few things to note. They specifically asked about which onboard amenities were preferred. Choices rotated through 8 iterations of "least" and "most", with some options being - multiple desserts, noise cancelling headphones, amenity kit, hot towel after departure, pre-departure drink, craft cocktails, slippers and pajamas, and a few others I can't remember.

There was also a question about tray setups (both options don't look at all modern, innovative, or elegant.

This question however is super exciting, having additional craft cocktails (whether canned/bottled) or even MADE onboard would be a big step, all of those sound great and I believe can be found in just about all of the Polaris lounges today.

Interested to hear what others think!
kirkwoodj and tcdtcd like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
"Update"??? They should just go back to the plans they had for Polaris catering at the outset and implement them. If UA is deciding what kind of tray set-up to serve the current meals on, count me as not impressed (I take "A" for its simplicity )
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Keep your expectations low and be surprised and delighted if they actually do anything.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
"Update"??? They should just go back to the plans they had for Polaris catering at the outset and implement them. If UA is deciding what kind of tray set-up to serve the current meals on, count me as not impressed (I take "A" for its simplicity )
Agree - the first few months of Polaris weren't really internationally competitive, but were quite a bit better than now.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nevansm
There was also a question about tray setups (both options don't look at all modern, innovative, or elegant).
Talk about rearranging the deck chairs . . . .
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Got this as well. Focus on cocktails was interesting!

Originally Posted by nevansm
There was also a question about tray setups (both options don't look at all modern, innovative, or elegant.
The two options were so similar it almost felt like a "spot the difference" quiz. I was expecting some additional options (same as the other question where it asks the same question multiple times with different options), but no...
uanj, drewguy and coolbeans202 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:15 pm

I got a survey last month about wine service in Premium classes:

Tell us what you think.

Share your thoughts about travelling with United® in this short survey. Your feedback will help us understand and improve your wine experience onboard of our premium cabin.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
They can't even get their service correct right now ... and they are discussing this? Got their priorities wrong in my books. Most customers prefer consistent service 100% of the time over superior service applied randomly.
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I would love it if they got the Paper Plane that they make in the lounge on board! But it strikes me, at least based on domestic F flights I have been on, that there are more important things to address first…
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
1. Delete candy crush from all FA phones so they don’t consistently just sit in the galley
………… (nothing comes close) ………….
7. Improved wine
8. improved cocktails (the made-to-order onboard sounds great)
9. Hot towel service
10. Desserts
11. literally anything else
as219 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Maybe they think they'll be able to filter the results in a way to make it look like customers are satisfied with the status quo and forward up the line
VRFast likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Can't they just serve something edible for food offerings before moving into other areas?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyjfk
Can't they just serve something edible for food offerings before moving into other areas?
Hopefully United doesn't think putting same food on a newer-looking plate might make it seem to taste better.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hopefully United doesn't think putting same food on a newer-looking plate might make it seem to taste better.
Well, many here think putting the entree in a casserole dish makes it look/taste worst.
uastarflyer, SPN Lifer and ARR72 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Any time UA uses the word “enhance,” I get nervous.
rch4u likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.