Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I flew DL ORD-MSP-LAS yesterday and am flying back today on UA (LAS-ORD).

DL offered full PDB as well as bottles of water at the seats. Nada on UA.

DL offered three meal choices (MSP-LAS). Mushroom Ravioli, Beef Short Ribs, or Chicken. All came with a salad and a blueberry cake dessert. UA gave me the option of Italian Ragu or Chicken and Rice.

DL came through with a snack basket. UA got rid of this long ago.

Drinks were refilled frequently on DL. On UA I got to watch the FA drink her Diet Coke in the galley.

No glassware was catered on UA. Plastic adds to the elegance.

It’s embarrassing. The crews are embarrassed. The food continues to be complete garbage. I’d rather they not serve anything because the entire experience gets worse with each flight I take. Don’t even get me started on Polaris. A premium cabin meal should cost more than a $1.39 a passenger.

What’s the point of preorder or first choice as GS when the options are so vile?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 10, 2022 at 9:02 am Reason: unnecessarily vulgar
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
UA gave me the option of Italian Ragu or Chicken and Rice. That’s like asking if I’d rather lick the floor or the toilet seat.
So which did you choose?
EWRFlyerAL, tcdtcd and seat38a like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by seat38a
Dinner. Short ribs, Thai chicken or cauliflower croquettes. Chocolate cookie pies before landing. Sriracha and Tabasco provided by myself.

Exactly my experience LAX - ITO on 3/22.

Beef was tender. The sauce was somewhat sweet and tasted like a fusion of BBQ sauce with Asian Hoisin sauce. I liked it. I was also pleasantly surprised by a WARM Pie in the Sky mid-flight. FA's were amazing. Wine was proactively refilled throughout the remaining of the flight after dinner.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
Exactly my experience LAX - ITO on 3/22.

Beef was tender. The sauce was somewhat sweet and tasted like a fusion of BBQ sauce with Asian Hoisin sauce. I liked it. I was also pleasantly surprised by a WARM Pie in the Sky mid-flight. FA's were amazing. Wine was proactively refilled throughout the remaining of the flight after dinner.
Everything old is new again; looks like we are back to the 2010-2015 days of hoisin short rib deal they served over and over again; next thing you know the chicken turnover/hot pocket/bouquet/calzone whatever they passed it off as will make its debut.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NHarmonia
Hi all, flying on United for the first time next week. I'm booked YYZ-IAH-LIM in Business throughout.

YYZ-IAH is UA 1980 at 6:10AM and just lists a snack. What exactly does the entail? As it's unlikely I'll get to eat some breakfast, trying to see if it's worth buying some quick Tim Hortons at the airport. Thanks!
I flew YYZ-IAH last Sunday UA2129 at 12:40pm. You would think that lunch would be served but you would be wrong. Snack boxes for everyone in F. I don’t imagine a 6:10am departure would be any better. Go to Tims.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Everything old is new again; looks like we are back to the 2010-2015 days of hoisin short rib deal they served over and over again; next thing you know the chicken turnover/hot pocket/bouquet/calzone whatever they passed it off as will make its debut.
You my friend need to be banned for life (or at least suspended) for raising the specter of the most reviled UA menu item of all time, the CHICKEN BOUQUET😱😱🤮🤮!!!!!

Please never speak these foul (see what I did there) words ever again. Violates FT policy.
dw likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I flew YYZ-IAH last Sunday UA2129 at 12:40pm. You would think that lunch would be served but you would be wrong. Snack boxes for everyone in F. I don’t imagine a 6:10am departure would be any better. Go to Tims.
that's not right. You should write this in. While perhaps not a full lunch ... this is not a snack-box flight.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
that's not right. You should write this in. While perhaps not a full lunch ... this is not a snack-box flight.
I took the 6:10 AM YYZ-IAH flight. Was given a snackbox as well. Atleast the FAs were nice with refilling drinks preemptively
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NHarmonia
I took the 6:10 AM YYZ-IAH flight. Was given a snackbox as well. Atleast the FAs were nice with refilling drinks preemptively
mainline flights? 3h30 flight at 6 a.m. or noon? A snack box? WOW. That's terrible for an international flight to a hub airport. Guess the united.com webpage says this is o.k., but really?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
mainline flights? 3h30 flight at 6 a.m. or noon? A snack box? WOW. That's terrible for an international flight to a hub airport. Guess the united.com webpage says this is o.k., but really?
ORD-PHX at 1440 mi even more egregious - not intl obviously but a few hundred miles longer.

1500 mi or 800 mi hub-to-hub, them’s the rules - not that I agree with them at all.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
ORD-IAH 4 April 745 am 763 seat 8L

PDB of water or OJ. Breakfast was choice of waffle with compote or the Denver scramble. Had the scramble for the first time and in my opinion it’s a vast improvement over the egg white bites (or else I was just tired of the latter). Beverage service preceded breakfast.

Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
ORD-PHX at 1440 mi even more egregious - not intl obviously but a few hundred miles longer.

1500 mi or 800 mi hub-to-hub, them’s the rules - not that I agree with them at all.
ORD-PHX
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
PDB of water or OJ. Breakfast was choice of waffle with compote or the Denver scramble. Had the scramble for the first time and in my opinion it’s a vast improvement over the egg white bites (or else I was just tired of the latter). Beverage service preceded breakfast.

img
New napkin! I think. It does look like the prepandemic locale-themed napkins, but a different design than any from then I am pretty sure.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
New napkin! I think. It does look like the prepandemic locale-themed napkins, but a different design than any from then I am pretty sure.
How did it taste? Was the napkin warmed or cold? Did they take it out of the plastic wrap?
char777 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:45 am

I've not seen a post from or to GUM in a while so here you go. This is United Business on the 77W. The breakfast from GUM is so pre merger CO that its time for a change. So tired of the same options. What has returned are pre arrival meals and UA had some nice options.
UA 200 GUM-HNL Breakfast three cheese omelette with fried rice and chicken sausage

UA 201 HNL-GUM lunch which I choose the veggie option again. That guava cake for desert is always a winnah. Bread role is warm.

UA 200 GUM-HNL pre arrival meal warm Grilled chicken sandwich with fruits and strawberry cheesecake

UA 201 HNL-GUM pre arrival meal which was the soba noodle salad and fresh fruits and a warm chocolate cookie. Nice light and filling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.