Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by azfanboy
I had the Za'atar chicken for the first time a week ago and found it truly heinous. The chicken was like eating shredded cardboard. Is this a new addition? Are you guys liking this?
I didn't think it was like cardboard. I'm pretty noticeable of dry, inedible chicken. Most people haven't had reactions like yours so maybe you got a bad batch. I do think the Impossible meatballs are better though.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
IMO the Zaatar chicken is far better than the previous “Latin” version, reported frequently as processed/shaped/fake chicken breast.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Meals on the Hawaii red eyes are downright silly regardless of carrier. But Americans need their calories even at 11pm or later.
raises hand
ll22949 and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
IAH-TPA July 29

THE DREADED BAGGIE IS BACK!

Nothing else offered! I asked for a TakeOff snack box from the back and received it.

787 miles, 2hr20min scheduled, 2hr in the air.

No “in between”. No hot meals (13 miles short), no sandwich, no snack boxes proactively offered, no snack basket pass. Nothing!

FA said: ‘there’s never been food IAH-TPA. It’s ridiculous and you should write in. They don’t listen to us’
artvandalay likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Finally got a pre-order choice that included more than just the Impossible meatballs or the Za'atar chicken. The other choices were vegetarian chili and polenta cake or brioche burger. Selected the burger. Will report back (this flight is EWR-IAH on 2 August).
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by st530
Finally got a pre-order choice that included more than just the Impossible meatballs or the Za'atar chicken. The other choices were vegetarian chili and polenta cake or brioche burger. Selected the burger. Will report back (this flight is EWR-IAH on 2 August).
Looks like $100 ETC coming your way when there is no Burger.
leftysauce likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Looks like $100 ETC coming your way when there is no Burger.
Ha. Are there reports of pre-order burger fails? If so, I missed that.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
UA1571
IAH-BOS
B739

Water only PDB
Very green cabin crew.
Meal described as "chicken and rice"
Nearly inedible. Fruit was good. Roll cold in plastic bag. Cookie pie thing was warm and very tasty.

Customer service on this flight and my return flight were excellent. Where UA severely lacks in product they might make up for it in service.

Return flight was offered the Zatar Chicken and Cyber Meatballs for "lunch" - asked for a coach cheeseburger and got one. So much better.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: United currently plat
O just got a pre-order offer for SFO-HNL! first timer..

Thai chicken noodle, Short rib, or Hawai‘i style crispy tofu. I guess i’m choosing the chicken since i’ve had the other 2 plenty.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by evol
O just got a pre-order offer for SFO-HNL! first timer..

Thai chicken noodle, Short rib, or Hawai‘i style crispy tofu. I guess i’m choosing the chicken since i’ve had the other 2 plenty.
The Thai Chicken Noodle on the transcon route is a disaster.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:49 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
UA2499, SFO-EWR
A few hours before the flight our 77W was swapped for a 77A... PP gone and 60J became 28J. Yikes.

The computer swapped my 15A for 3G, which was a lot better than some of the alternatives.

At least flight was on time...well, until we landed at EWR and they didn't have a gate for us. An on time arrival turned into a 100 minute delay (!) from sitting on the tarmac at EWR.

FAs were great and very patient with folks who didn't realize they weren't sitting together anymore until they got onboard. First time trying the ravioli with butternut squash and I thought the flavors worked better than I expected.

Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:21 pm

UA372 HNL-SFO

Ham/Egg croissant sandwich for a 7AM flight. I was wondering where the ham was but it was stuck on the top half. Other option was French Toast that 2 of my young kids wanted and FA said they had the least of. FA then randomly asked a few questions towards my 7/5 yr olds and asked if they were hungry then returned with their French Toast being the first one to get served in the forward cabin. I thought that was extremely nice of them.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by autobahnal
UA2499, SFO-EWR
A few hours before the flight our 77W was swapped for a 77A... PP gone and 60J became 28J. Yikes.

The computer swapped my 15A for 3G, which was a lot better than some of the alternatives.

At least flight was on time...well, until we landed at EWR and they didn't have a gate for us. An on time arrival turned into a 100 minute delay (!) from sitting on the tarmac at EWR.

FAs were great and very patient with folks who didn't realize they weren't sitting together anymore until they got onboard. First time trying the ravioli with butternut squash and I thought the flavors worked better than I expected.

img
I'm kind of surprised anew every time by this dish. It looks pretty blah, but it tastes alright. Benefits from self-supplied hot sauce, though, IMO.
SPN Lifer and autobahnal like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Southwest RapidRewards
So tired of Zatar chicken/Impossible Meatballs choice. Been offered this on my flights last month Ex-BOS and ORD-TPA.

Though on one mom my Ex-BOS flights I was offered a warm chocolate chip cookie after dinner which was phenomenal.
airkapper likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by DonnieZ
So tired of Zatar chicken/Impossible Meatballs choice. Been offered this on my flights last month Ex-BOS and ORD-TPA.

Though on one mom my Ex-BOS flights I was offered a warm chocolate chip cookie after dinner which was phenomenal.
Twice instead of the Pie In The Sky Cookie Pie Thing, I have been offered fresh baked on-board cookies and it has been a nice change.

The FA commented last time that the cookies seem to be universally enjoyed while the Pie In The Sky tends to be untouched by at least half the cabin.

While the two choice are repetitive, I find both choices to be acceptable with the caveat that I do not fly UA all that often (mostly DL) so it is not as repetitive for me as it is for some folks here.

Last edited by kmersh; Aug 1, 2022 at 3:09 pm Reason: add a thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.