Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Dec 31, 21, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

Current UA in-flight dining guidance is here:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...g-changes.html

This thread is for premium cabin flights marketed as United First, United Business, and Premium transcontinental services. This includes:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean and Latin America (excluding Brazil, Argentina, and Chile)
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia (such as HNL-GUM and GUM-MNL)
  • Select European Routes (such as to/from KEF)
Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Here's United's official page on North America premium cabin dining:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/inflight/dining/first.html

North American premium cabin dining includes all First and Business class flights (including p.s. Premium Service) within North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America

For the curious folks, the 2021 thread is here:
2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

With that, Let's Eat 2022!
Old Jan 2, 22, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Jan 1, 2022 UA 363 EWR-HNL (B764)

Breakfast options - Egg white and spinach quiche with chicken sausage, sides of yogurt, fruit, and croissant, OR French Toast

Second Meal options (served about four hours before arrival) - Hamburger with sweet potato strips or cold noodle salad with sesame dressing.
Old Jan 2, 22, 9:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Jan 2, 2022 UA 2318 ORD-IAH

Chicken with rice, black beans and corn - okay flavor but miniscule portion and reheated to the point of being dry/stringy

Polenta with "Italian ragu". My son had this and the taste was decent but again a tiny portion. And we are not big eaters.

Decent fruit bowl served with each. Pie in the Sky for me and for some reason nothing for my son - I gave him mine.

Also, while PDBs were served, the sparkling wine was more of a shooter than a glass. Maybe they were running low.

Old Jan 3, 22, 1:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Any word on when/if United will change these same options we've had since the start of time now

drgreg likes this.
Old Jan 3, 22, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit View Post
Any word on when/if United will change these same options we've had since the start of time now

I'd ask MatthewLAX but, given how long we had orzo with chicken or veg enchiladas, potentially months.

David
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 3, 22, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
I'd ask MatthewLAX but, given how long we had orzo with chicken or veg enchiladas, potentially months.

David
funny enough this is out of LAX this Friday. Man at this point take some UC food and plop it on a tray and serve it for some variety. Honestly considering treking to *A at TBIT and just going to sleep on the red-eye to DC.
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

That same chicken piece has been used for years with just a different side. We've done orzo, Latin, Indian tandoori, maybe some sort of Asian fried rice with the same chicken piece next.
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Except, the chicken piece keeps getting smaller and smaller! How about some beef or fish or any choice at all?!

Do better UA!
Old Jan 4, 22, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
That same chicken piece has been used for years with just a different side. We've done orzo, Latin, Indian tandoori, maybe some sort of Asian fried rice with the same chicken piece next.
That's true, but at least there were different flavors and not the exact same thing.
Old Jan 4, 22, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I still love the chicken dish and don't mind it often, but goodness...bring back the salad choices UA. Everyone loves those. Even on a good day, the ragu dish has far too much salt and is not a decent option.

I have no info on when the menu will rotate again and it is not a promising sign that we have entered a new quarter and the menu did not change.

In terms of breakfast, I haven't seen the egg scramble very much lately - seems passengers are getting the "transcontinental" breakfast instead.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Jan 4, 22, 9:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Honestly considering treking to *A at TBIT and just going to sleep on the red-eye to DC.
This is what I do at LAX, at every opportunity I can get - so much better than anything UA has to offer these days. Also good exercise.

I don't have any flights in and out of LAX in the foreseeable future (all SFO)
Old Jan 4, 22, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Not familiar with this yet - what is this selection screen? where is it from? Is it a new thing instead of printed menus?
Old Jan 5, 22, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
EWR-ANU?

My UA2020 EWR-ANU P fare (Business) says Breakfast and return on UA443 says Lunch. I assume this is more than a snack-like offering for a flight of over 4 hours? Anyone know what is being offered?
Old Jan 5, 22, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
I still love the chicken dish and don't mind it often, but goodness...bring back the salad choices UA. Everyone loves those. Even on a good day, the ragu dish has far too much salt and is not a decent option.

I have no info on when the menu will rotate again and it is not a promising sign that we have entered a new quarter and the menu did not change.

In terms of breakfast, I haven't seen the egg scramble very much lately - seems passengers are getting the "transcontinental" breakfast instead.
Entree salads were one of the stronger offerings that UA had, but of course given the changes with CoVid, and just the catering in general, it seems that UA is largely sticking with frozen items that can be easily paired with smaller fresh items. I'm really hoping for a complete menu refresh this year, but I'm not counting on it.
Old Jan 5, 22, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
New Years red eye SFO-EWR Choose the ravioli, other choice was chicken.

am1108 likes this.

Search this Thread