Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
will they cater for less pax if anyone selected eat in lounge? Seems like a way to cut costs if so
One reason I will never select that option. Nor should anyone else. “I will select on board” is fine. My understanding is extras go to the crew anyway
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Curious what to expect for Breakfast on LAX-IAH next week? I know I should get the option a few days out to select but would this be the breakfast menu I saw above where waffles and/or French toast are an option with 4 total choices or is this going to be a simple 2 choice deal of yogurt or something with eggs?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Do they still do hot baked on board cookies before landing for any flights or is that gone
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Do they still do hot baked on board cookies before landing for any flights or is that gone
Gone, except on flights to Hawaii where a cookie pie will be warmed up before landing.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
The bags are officially gone.

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...one-snack-bag/

Disclaimer: link to my blog
However, Kacee reports with no bags, now nothing offered: General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / International, all cabins)

David
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jmj10

Anyone have the breakfast lately? It seems like the same, but more selections? I also had the ability to select: "I am a united club member and will not eat," as well as "I do not eat," and "I will go directly to sleep." No option to ask for food later.
The egg scramble is great in my opinion. Haven't tried the others yet.
jmj10 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flew PVR-LAX this week on UA244. The flight was double-catered in LA, so it was the same chicken zatar or meatball choices. I thought we might get the Dole cup instead of fresh fruit, but thankfully the fruit was still fresh. Honestly, I don't mind this dish at all. I find the meatballs pretty bad, though.

Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:36 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Assuming the UAX E175s still don't have ovens for hot first class meals, what would a cold lunch be on a IAH-LGA flight? Is it a snack box, or some plated cold entree served on a tray?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Assuming the UAX E175s still don't have ovens for hot first class meals, what would a cold lunch be on a IAH-LGA flight? Is it a snack box, or some plated cold entree served on a tray?
Should be the latter.

I just finished a breakfast meal on UAX E75. Oatmeal was disgusting, croissant was hard and dry, only yogurt and a small fruit bowl was ok. I normally finish everything, even on UA's terrible food, but this was another level, I had to leave a lot of food unfinished. I really thought UA couldn't sink any lower but it always find a new way to surprise.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:12 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Should be the latter.

I just finished a breakfast meal on UAX E75. Oatmeal was disgusting, croissant was hard and dry, only yogurt and a small fruit bowl was ok. I normally finish everything, even on UA's terrible food, but this was another level, I had to leave a lot of food unfinished. I really thought UA couldn't sink any lower but it always find a new way to surprise.
Yikes. That sounds pretty bad. Now I'm really curious about a cold lunch would consist of.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I believe L/D is cold version of chicken zataar or a cheese / deli plate.
LAX UA 1K, MatthewLAX and wpcoe like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
correct.
LAX UA 1K likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:56 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Thanks. I'll pace myself accordingly in the UC before the flight.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by jmj10

Anyone have the breakfast lately? It seems like the same, but more selections? I also had the ability to select: "I am a united club member and will not eat," as well as "I do not eat," and "I will go directly to sleep." No option to ask for food later.
What route/amount of miles is that for? LAX/IAH wouldnt get all those choices for breakfast?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
What route/amount of miles is that for? LAX/IAH wouldnt get all those choices for breakfast?
amazingly we got those options in F on a short route like IAD-FLL, just under 2.5 hours !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.