Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
Originally Posted by st530
Preordered the chicken za’atar. Other choice was the usual Impossible meatballs. (Unlike breakfast, only these two choices for preorder, not 5.)

No PDB service (I’m sure if asked they would blame it on weather delay).

Drink orders taken with meal choice and delivered first. Roll was heated.

Perfectly acceptable (especially compared to the heated COVID-era sandwiches of just three months ago) but a change (or more variety) would be nice.

Another good crew.

UA really needs to get their act together with domestic F. I just flew DL out of IAH and their domestic F is light years ahead on both service and food quality.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by correction
UA really needs to get their act together with domestic F. I just flew DL out of IAH and their domestic F is light years ahead on both service and food quality.
It depends on the route with Delta. Some routes have good choices for food. Others get what are called sad boxes. All depends on what catering option DL has on both ends. If they can't cater the return in the same way, both directions of the flight get the sad boxes, even out of their hubs.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by wrp96
It depends on the route with Delta. Some routes have good choices for food. Others get what are called sad boxes. All depends on what catering option DL has on both ends. If they can't cater the return in the same way, both directions of the flight get the sad boxes, even out of their hubs.
Exactly. The DL boxes are a disgrace.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
What’s the general consent of these is the best meal? Im not vegetarian but the impossible meatballs or falafel seem safe.

Last edited by COEWR2587; Sep 13, 2022 at 7:42 am
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
What’s the general consent of these is the best meal? Im not vegetarian but the impossible meatballs or falafel seem safe
Had the falafel DEN-YYZ Sunday, the meatballs in August. Both are solid and flavorful. Although, I thought the falafel plate was a little dry. I'd go with the meatballs over the falafel if I had to choose.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by DELee
Maybe. Still wouldn't be thrilled at gray cauliflower if served on a UA flight.

David
Try the gray stuff. It's delicious!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:40 am

Why no hot meal

I’m flying round trip IAH to PHX up front next

My outbound lunch had 5 options to preselect. Coming back I have a 6:30am flight which was advertised as breakfast.

my reservation only shows a cheese plate as an option to pre order. Is this accurate or an error. Don’t get why I would have 5 options going out and a cold cheese plate coming back

Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:13 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

My outbound lunch had 5 options to preselect. Coming back I have a 6:30am flight which was advertised as breakfast.

my reservation only shows a cheese plate as an option to pre order. Is this accurate or an error. Don’t get why I would have 5 options going out and a cold cheese plate coming back
Is it possible this is a route they have to double cater from IAH and can’t load hot food for the return since the plane is going to sit overnight?
MatthewLAX and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by dw
Is it possible this is a route they have to double cater from IAH and can’t load hot food for the return since the plane is going to sit overnight?
Well according to United's website, flights 800 miles+ get a choice of hot meals and this flight is over 1,000 miles. I'll just select 'determine onboard'

Last edited by COEWR2587; Sep 15, 2022 at 9:22 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:26 am

Man I hate when UA markets a flight with food (ex: breakfast) and then doesn’t provide it.

I had chosen an SLC-ORD flight with breakfast because timing worked better for me. And since I probably wouldn’t have time to grab breakfast as I was already on the go, breakfast would’ve been great.

Too bad we only got pretzels and a stroopwaffle. Not even a snackbox was available. UA domestic catering is still somewhat of a joke.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat

Did you check plane type? If it’s an E170/5, there are no ovens.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:02 am

Thought the chicken katsu was good recently on a flight from HNL. Not really crispy but I still enjoyed it. Coulda used more curry sauce. The rice ball sides were a good concept but poor execution as the rice had dried out. Cake was good as well.
unitedbusiness and cur like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Did you check plane type? If it’s an E170/5, there are no ovens.
It's a 737 8 Max
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:26 am

It's a 737 8 Max
East bound is a bit shorter, could trigger the hot food threshold.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
What's for Breakfast ??

Flying SMF-DEN (867 miles) in F and it's showing a breakfast will be served. I understand I can't pre-order as SMF is not a hub city. Any idea what they will serve for breakfast on this flight?

Last edited by JIMCHI; Sep 15, 2022 at 1:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.