Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I'm so sick of the chicken-pasta/rice(?) plate or the Impossible meatballs... I've been eating boxes or just skipping it. The chicken dish isn't bad, but it is far from the best chicken dishes that they've had. The Impossible meatballs are just nasty. I'm a meat-a-tarian, but I like a nice real veg option from time to time. That meatball just isn't right. Here's hoping that they change the menu soon.
airkapper likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by PushingTin
I'm so sick of the chicken-pasta/rice(?) plate or the Impossible meatballs... I've been eating boxes or just skipping it. The chicken dish isn't bad, but it is far from the best chicken dishes that they've had. The Impossible meatballs are just nasty. I'm a meat-a-tarian, but I like a nice real veg option from time to time. That meatball just isn't right. Here's hoping that they change the menu soon.
The chicken / orzo thing is VERY salty. Like acid reflux salty. I thought it was interesting but I don't think I'll get it again.

Dreading the meatballs now. Trying it tonight...
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
The meatballs aren’t that bad…..when you haven’t had them 10x times!!!! IMO of course!
frutabell likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Sigh, flying EWR-LAX in Polaris on Thursday evening and there are no options to pre-order meals (not that they had any of the pre-orders last time we flew). Any idea why you can't pre-order from a hub? I guess I just need to arrive early and eat in the lounge as I'm really tired of the Zatar chicken.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Had impossible meatball IAH - PHX

Enjoyed the meal and the meatballs didn’t taste “impossible” to me or have any different taste than meat.

I did preorder the falafel entree. The FA told me while in the ground that she acknowledged I preordered it but said it wasn’t loaded. Offered a chicken or meatball option

The dessert is the star of the show.

PDB service offered only after everyone boarded. Water or sparkling cider

Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Had impossible meatball IAH - PHX

Enjoyed the meal and the meatballs didn’t taste “impossible” to me or have any different taste than meat.

I did preorder the falafel entree. The FA told me while in the ground that she acknowledged I preordered it but said it wasn’t loaded. Offered a chicken or meatball option

The dessert is the star of the show.

PDB service offered only after everyone boarded. Water or sparkling cider

That is one big/tall glass of sparking cider.

David
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1641 IAD-SFO 1800-2049 777-300

PDB of OJ or "Champagne"

Cocktails which need a snack with them. Also Cutty Sark is so bad

Zatar Chicken or Impossible Meatballs. This is so pathetic. A 2400 mile, hub-hub transcon at dinner time being served with a fruit cup
dw likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:15 pm

Would anyone happen to know if there's a possible menu change coming anytime soon? We're flying YYC - DEN, 2.5 hour sit, then DEN to KOA on Nov. 11/22, and returning . I will absolutely cry if I have to look at another sad plate of chicken and orzo, and I just can't with the meatballs.

I'm hoping to pre-order when the window opens for us, but if not, I may be bee lining it to Chick-fil-A when we land in Denver.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airkapper
Would anyone happen to know if there's a possible menu change coming anytime soon? We're flying YYC - DEN, 2.5 hour sit, then DEN to KOA on Nov. 11/22, and returning . I will absolutely cry if I have to look at another sad plate of chicken and orzo, and I just can't with the meatballs.

I'm hoping to pre-order when the window opens for us, but if not, I may be bee lining it to Chick-fil-A when we land in Denver.
Assume not, plan and budget accordingly. That way, you are ready and mentally prepared to be let down by UA's catering yet once more.

David
dw, tstauck and airkapper like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Dumb question possible, but the chicken/orzo and impossible meatball option: Is this the only menu that exists for mid-cons that have meals (excluding breakfast flights)? It seems to be all I ever hear about so I'm wondering if that is *THE* menu.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Not a dumb question at all.

The answer is yes, usually. Some lucky FTers have been able to pre-order a burger or a falafel, but that hasn’t been my experience.
ty97 and airkapper like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ty97
Dumb question possible, but the chicken/orzo and impossible meatball option: Is this the only menu that exists for mid-cons that have meals (excluding breakfast flights)? It seems to be all I ever hear about so I'm wondering if that is *THE* menu.
Right now it is UA's default menu.

David
ty97 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Not a dumb question at all.

The answer is yes, usually. Some lucky FTers have been able to pre-order a burger or a falafel, but that hasn’t been my experience.
I got in on the preorder at the initial rollout on premium transcon flight a few months ago, but it went down a few days after.

On a transcon flight in Q1 this year, they were offering falafel as part of the onboard options.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ty97
Yes, that's it. If you are flying on a narrowbody, you may get a chacne to pre-order a meal, with additional choices like a hamburger or falafel plate (both better than the chicken zatar or impossible meatballs).
airkapper likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Yes, that's it. If you are flying on a narrowbody, you may get a chacne to pre-order a meal, with additional choices like a hamburger or falafel plate (both better than the chicken zatar or impossible meatballs).
And vegetarian chili with polenta. Giving that a try on Sunday ... apologies in advance to anyone on the flight with me.
AustinWeatherGuy and Cissigys like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.