Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Looks like authentic chicken breast👍.
How was it?
It was nice to just have something different after 8 or 9 months. It had orzo, not rice and there was a lemon flavor. The chicken was dry, but it did look real.
kirkwoodj and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
Looks suspiciously similar to the international economy meal chicken option last month, "tricolor vegetable quinoa skillet with fully cooked white meat chicken and queso fresco".

Thank goodness the chicken is fully cooked.
"Could I get the partially cooked white meat chicken? I'm on a paleo diet."

David
kirkwoodj and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by DELee
"Could I get the partially cooked white meat chicken? I'm on a paleo diet."

David
As of 6/1, were now offering the choice of real chicken or parts is parts chicken. Preorder is available
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
As we have seen, some of the economy foot looks similar if not better than some of the premium meals. I guess as an economy passenger, it should make me happy?

That chicken zatar looks like it could be suspiciously dry. I'd take the chicken enchilada dish over that. Trying to choke down dry "chicken" on an airplane, yuck.

Last edited by CApreppie; Jun 10, 2022 at 9:53 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Looks suspiciously similar to the international economy meal chicken option last month, "tricolor vegetable quinoa skillet with fully cooked white meat chicken and queso fresco".

That looks exactly like it. Clearly not the chicken zatar seen in post 856.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
June 9th
PTY-IAH
UA1033
Boeing 737-900
15:34 Departure, Lunch

Excellent Houston-based crew on this flight. PDB of Water, OJ, Sparkling or "anything from the bar". Service was friendly and attentive. Meal choices were a chicken, rice and vegetable plate (the real chicken breasts, not the mystery parts version) or a cheese ravioli in tomato and cheese sauce. It was actually a decent amount of food, quite filling and good for ravioli on a plane. The dessert, some type of vanilla/strawberry parfait (I liked it). Roll not warmed or removed from packaging (for our safety). Frequent passes through the cabin for refills. Overall a solid flight. Sorry about the glare - always love seeing the Panama Canal from on high!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Only United would have the cojones to take a coach meal and recycle it as a new "premium cabin" offering
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:28 pm

Am booked ORD-SFO UA 1972 departing 10:15 PM in P. According to my reservation there is "dinner." Is there really a dinner service departing so late in the evening? I'm assuming will be similar to the other one tray meals shown up thread.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Am booked ORD-SFO UA 1972 departing 10:15 PM in P. According to my reservation there is "dinner." Is there really a dinner service departing so late in the evening? I'm assuming will be similar to the other one tray meals shown up thread.
had a 00:59 departure LAS-ORD and it was a chicken dish
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Yes, it is a full UA dinner and similar to the options shown recently in this thread.

David
sltlyamusd and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
June 10
OGG-SFO
UA1722
Boeing 777-200 Domestic (P&W engined - welcome back...?)
13:45 depature (sked 12:50), Lunch

Choice of ravioli or chicken katsu.

Katsu was tasty (and real chicken) - the rice ball accoutremant was awesome - surprisingly, one of the tastiest items I've had in a long time on UA. Given that, wish the Katsu was plated with something other than plain white rice - some noodles maybe? Just a little variety, but this is a minor nitpick. The rice balls are a home run -- they really should do that one on the mainland. Easy, cheap, tasty.

Room temperature nuts in a bag, and a wholly unappealing, ice cold roll in a bag. I'm guessing the jelly packet is the new fruit bowl?

Generic chocolate cookie in a bag. Served a cold brownie in a bag later in the flight. (Sense a theme?)

Excellent service. Zero complaints there whatsoever.

Flight review - 777-222A is back. Might have been the smoothest flight I've had in years - I mean, not one bump the entire flight. Suspiciously smooth, as if United built a sky track. Remembered why I never liked the IPTE seats....

Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Only United would have the cojones to take a coach meal and recycle it as a new "premium cabin" offering
Or a decision made by the catering partner, without informing the contracting entity (United), due to supply/people shortage.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It is heartwarming to read so many posts about genuine chicken as opposed to compressed chicken parts.

With close-up photos for corroboration.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It is heartwarming to read so many posts about genuine chicken as opposed to compressed chicken parts.

With close-up photos for corroboration.
Either way, a fervent hope the parts and pieces are at least warm.

David
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Chicken katsu traditionally comes on rice so noodles is unusual unless its katsu ramen; however, it is a lot of rice even though those rice balls are definitely pretty good. The cake is better than a prepackaged cookie IMO.
dmurphynj likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.