Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
just bask in the sheer glory to be among the privileged few flying in first/business from the Hawaiian islands this time of year !
Agree...worrying about food! However, it sounds like Hawaii is about to get slammed by a strong storm.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:31 pm

SFO-DFW 12/17/22 1:30pm

Was given the choice of a "Chicken bowl" or "Vegetarian bowl." Opted for the chicken which was a mistake. Absurdly dry chicken, flavorless, and served with a dense chewy roll. Also, serving the grain salad as a side to a grain bowl is an... interesting choice.

Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
What's with the new-ish square casserole plates showing up lately at random? Are the current "rounded" casserole plates being phased out? Those new plates look like AA's plates.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
What's with the new-ish square casserole plates showing up lately at random? Are the current "rounded" casserole plates being phased out? Those new plates look like AA's plates.
Ultimately, what matters is what is on the dish...not the dish itself. But, I don't like the new casserole plates precisely because they look like the competition. I LOVE the Polaris bowls the main courses are served in. Those are really nice and unique.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I would add decent mid-flight snacks / service on all routes. And I assume you got the premade "sundae" instead of the chose-your-topping service? (Which I also miss)
The snack basket on American transcons is more abundant and has variety than the pictures shown for United’s long haul international flights. And of course, United does not even have that anymore for their “p.s.” routes.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Sandwiches are back!

Except Kirbied down to 1/3 of the pandemic-era size.

Incidentally, was given the preorder choice of 5 options, but sandwiches and pretzels were all that were catered. Not even glassware.

No PDB. Otherwise a good FA working F, and the bubbly wasn’t as bad as last few flights.

This was IAH-RSW today, 11:55 am departure, A320, seat 1B.

Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Wow, that’s pathetic!
st530 and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Wow, that’s pathetic!
Indeed. If under 800 miles, I'd be applauding UA for the meal service upgrade on "snack" flights, but this is 861 and pathetic!
st530 and tcdtcd like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
What is inside the bread?

(I had three letters in place of "What" previously, the system auto-replaced with ... - that's no fun)
ll22949 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
What is inside the bread?

(I had three letters in place of "What" previously, the system auto-replaced with ... - that's no fun)
Advertised as turkey and cheese. YMMV.

Last edited by st530; Dec 23, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by st530
Incidentally, was given the preorder choice of 5 options, but sandwiches and pretzels were all that were catered. Not even glassware.
I thought it was only my last round of United Express flights that weren't catered with glassware. An even sadder state of affairs when the coffee's in paper cups and the mimosas are in blue plastic! A true first-class experience. My flights ~600 miles (SLC-SFO x2), so a delicious stroopwafel and a pair of biscoffs for the cuisine.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Indeed. If under 800 miles, I'd be applauding UA for the meal service upgrade on "snack" flights, but this is 861 and pathetic!
thought it was only flights over 900 miles that got meals, and 800 if hub to hub?

Previously, IAH to MCO received a meal, but not IAH to TPA
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 700, IAD-SFO, 12/19/2022
787-8

A PlusPoints upgrade cleared while I was questioning my travel-life choices before a jammed security checkpoint. Because of that lag, I missed out on the open-bar part of the PDB service, but I did appreciate a cup of coffee as I was making myself comfortable. Breakfast choices were a Belgian waffle or a frittata, so I picked the one I hadn't had before.

A frittata is one of those egg dishes I keep thinking I should make at home more often, so having one in the sky was a nice treat. The coins of sausage reminded me more of pizza toppings than breakfast--but I like pizza, so that was okay. The cheese sauce shielding the potatoes then reminded me a little of Cheez Whiz, but I'm not too good to turn down comfort junk food.

After a post-breakfast nap, I was hoping for a cookie or some other sort of snack before arrival, but that was not part of the program on my flight.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
thought it was only flights over 900 miles that got meals, and 800 if hub to hub?

Previously, IAH to MCO received a meal, but not IAH to TPA
Current UA domestic premium dining page just says that over 800 gets choice of hot meal. No distinction between hub and non-hub.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ing/first.html
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
24DEC22 Departure: 5:47
BOS-IAD UA1785
B739

PDB choice of: OJ, Sparking Wine, Water

Beverage of choice
Snack: stroopwafel or pretzels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.