Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
12/17/2022, UA1152 (B39M), ORD-PHX pre order options

PDB choice of OJ or water

Meal was OK (pre ordered green chili frittata), presentation as seen looks like a pile of vomit similar to my Italian ragu I had about a year ago now. Taste wasn’t bad but have certainly had better. Not a complete fail for my standards.
CApreppie likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
12/17/2022, UA1152 (B39M), ORD-PHX

Meal was OK (pre ordered green chili frittata), presentation as seen looks like a pile of vomit similar to my Italian ragu I had about a year ago now. Taste wasn’t bad but have certainly had better. Not a complete fail for my standards.
Boom! What a mess!

David
perkele likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
RSW-IAH 26 Dec 700 am 738 seat 1B

PDB of water or OJ.

Pre-ordered the frittata dish and all I can say is wow. Probably the biggest, heartiest domestic midcon F breakfast I’ve ever had on CO/UA. Although the frittata is the advertised star, it was rather smallish and bland, but the spinach, sausage and cheese-covered potatoes more than made up for it.

Fruit was fresh. Croissant was warmed albeit very hard on the bottom half.

The sparkling wine was rather watery tasting but not at all sweet like other recent iterations; perfectly drinkable.

Terrific 2-person crew serving F. My seat mate spilled his coffee on my sportcoat and not only did the FAs spring to help but one took the coat from me to the galley, cleaned it up with club soda, and hung it to dry in the F closet. A+ service.

Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: United currently plat
HNL-EWR Dec 18 777-200

Cheery and somewhat lax senior EWR based crew, my FA took good care of me. Checking in when he noticed I was awake, keeping my water glass full etc.

I’m so over the Hawai‘i centric meals, officially.
Once more with the Chicken Katsu and double rice meal. Looks like a mini version somehow.

But there’s a new (to me) Protein breakfast option that was great. Sorry for the blurry pic but i’ll take that whenever i can. Fruit, cheese, nuts and a boiled egg, with a Chia pudding which was really refreshing.

frutabell likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
UA1481
IAH-FLL
A320

PDB of water or mimosa in plastic cups. Great crew.

Not bad. Pretty good breakfast. The cranberries on the fruit were a nice touch.

My husband had the waffle. He described it as cold and boring.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
No thanks to the Thai chicken !! We’ve been over-served that on transcon Polaris flights (EWR-SFO/LAX) over the past few years !
I only fly United 1-2/yr but just completed a EWR-LAX flight in business and pre-ordered the Thai Chicken. I was shocked by how low quality this dish was considering the fares on this route, especially the dessert being a slice of cheesecake served in plastic looking like it’d come from a 7-11. The pre-landing snack (hummus) was alright but I thought the main course was very low quality.

The seat was OK on the 757-200 and the crew attentive, but I normally fly American transcon and their meal service seems much nicer.

Last edited by River in Sight; Dec 27, 2022 at 8:53 pm
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by evol
HNL-EWR Dec 18 777-200

Cheery and somewhat lax senior EWR based crew, my FA took good care of me. Checking in when he noticed I was awake, keeping my water glass full etc.

I’m so over the Hawai‘i centric meals, officially.
Once more with the Chicken Katsu and double rice meal. Looks like a mini version somehow.

But there’s a new (to me) Protein breakfast option that was great. Sorry for the blurry pic but i’ll take that whenever i can. Fruit, cheese, nuts and a boiled egg, with a Chia pudding which was really refreshing.

After a few years agree I am so over the Chix dish and rice with rice lol
Sure glad DL has started up HNL-JFK taking it in a few weeks and can actually count on a real “meal” onboard vs this crap on UA
Looking at the menu looks 100x better
https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/hnl-jfk/

Last edited by cbrown5294; Dec 28, 2022 at 5:58 pm
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1023 RDU-DEN 1605-1808 737-900

PDB of OJ or Water

My wife preordered the curry noodles and jokes on her...they catered with Zatar Chicken instead. Womp Womp.

I preordered the BBQ burger. It was way overheated with a hard as a rock bun

And my cheese and bacon fried itself to the plate. United should be ashamed. I know they're not but come on, man.
ijgordon, 1200GS and frutabell like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
The snack basket on American transcons is more abundant and has variety than the pictures shown for United’s long haul international flights. And of course, United does not even have that anymore for their “p.s.” routes.
The UA premium transcon flights do have a snack basket recently, altho it can vary in variety. Yesterday LAX-EWR it was stroopwafels & biscoffs.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:32 am

LAX-EWR breakfast flight on 787, so no pre-order. They offered the egg bites or french toast. My wife & I both ordered the egg bites, which I received, but she received the kale quichey thing. PDBs were full open bar to-order (no trays of water/oj/bubbly). (Purser was great & his welcome spiel was "Welcome to United Non-Stop Friendship Service to Newark Liberty Airport". I told him I appreciated the Old School shout-out... )
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by physioprof
The UA premium transcon flights do have a snack basket recently, altho it can vary in variety. Yesterday LAX-EWR it was stroopwafels & biscoffs.
UA's premium transcons have pre-arrival snacks...I find that better than snacks, though I would like to see both.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UA's premium transcons have pre-arrival snacks...I find that better than snacks, though I would like to see both.
They do have both. All of my recent premium transcons on the LAX-EWR route in both directions have had both snack basket--with various combinations of the Madi almonds, gummy bears, chips, stroopwafels, biscoffs--and then pre-arrival snacks of either the cheese plate or the hummus+tabouli plate. Now that I think about it, tho, these have all been 787 or 777 equipment, not 757. So maybe, these are "miscaters" triggered by the wide-body configuration?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
UA 1023 RDU-DEN 1605-1808 737-900

PDB of OJ or Water

My wife preordered the curry noodles and jokes on her...they catered with Zatar Chicken instead. Womp Womp.

I preordered the BBQ burger. It was way overheated with a hard as a rock bun

And my cheese and bacon fried itself to the plate. United should be ashamed. I know they're not but come on, man.
Don’t see any chicken on your wife’s plate
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
Thanks. Hadn’t seen one as recent as a flight mid December, but will keep an eye out now.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Thanks. Hadn’t seen one as recent as a flight mid December, but will keep an eye out now.
wouldn’t really consider that a premium snack basket, as that’s just a hodgepodge of standard snacks that could have been foraged together… but the effort is sure appreciated !
Infinite1K and frutabell like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.