Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 14, 22, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA PREMIER 1K, DL GOLD, IHG PLAT FOR LIFE, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT GOLD
UA2433
MIA-EWR
11/11/22
6:00AM Departure

PDB offered - Water/OJ/Prosecco
Meal choices - Waffles/Eggs (no other options on the pre order)
FAs refilled drinks constantly, which otherwise made for a very good flight, however as many of us can agree, the breakfast left a lot to be desired, especially compared to recent Delta breakfast I've had. Will we ever get the bread basket back for morning flights back?
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
UA 1745 Nov 15 SFO-IAH

Had the new "chicken curry" for the first time today and as usual for UA dishes, this one is kinda weird. It's not a normal chicken curry with rice and curry sauce but has noodles and chopped carrots in it with a little sauce but not enough. kinda dry actually. Same old cheese and marinated tomatoe appetizer which is a very odd combination with this dish as it doesnt pair at all. What are these UA chefs thinking?

Other choice was "Ragu polenta" so I guess that's back again after a year.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, AA 2MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by elbombo View Post
Had the new "chicken curry" for the first time today and as usual for UA dishes, this one is kinda weird. It's not a normal chicken curry with rice and curry sauce but has noodles and chopped carrots in it with a little sauce but not enough. kinda dry actually. Same old cheese and marinated tomatoe appetizer which is a very odd combination with this dish as it doesnt pair at all. What are these UA chefs thinking?

Flew from MIA to EWR today and had the same sides -- but the "chicken" and rice that was served was - let's just say -- not as appealing as yours seems to be... Dishes like yours are why I carry little Tabasco bottles....
Old Nov 15, 22, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Honestly, this looks even worse. I can't believe it.
rch4u and manstein58 like this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Did you accidentally pre-order the 'bland-n-white' meal? Oh wait, pre-order?
manstein58 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 22, 6:49 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion

looks good!
Ill take something new !
Old Nov 16, 22, 7:26 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million M; Delta Gold Medallion (2 mio +); American; Hyatt Platinum Passport, Omni Platinum

That is completely unappetizing. On the "glass is half full" side, imagine how dreadful the second place finisher was!
Old Nov 16, 22, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Honestly, this looks even worse. I can't believe it.
Matthew, I know that you have referenced that you have contacts at UA Catering, do you ask them what the heck they are thinking when they roll out this chicken curry thing which is bad enough, but then offer a mozzarella appetizer to go along with it?

I had this chicken curry thing and it was dry and unappetizing.
Old Nov 16, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
Friday Oct 28, 2002
BOS-ORD
UA2008
First Class

What I preordered:

What I got:

Sad!

I should've gotten the eggs instead. I had those last time and they were good and substantial.
somehow, I think Id rather the waffle than this so-called French toast.

This is what a p.s. Business meal has come to. The accompanying yogurt and small fruit platter were acceptable, I guess.

jasonp622 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 22, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj View Post
somehow, I think Id rather the waffle than this so-called French toast.

This is what a p.s. Business meal has come to. The accompanying yogurt and small fruit platter were acceptable, I guess.

If it's any consolidation, the Big Mac on the menu photo at McDonalds never looks like the one you actually get

Where is your "Banana Fosters (sic) Sauce"?

I guess Kirby saw the menu photo and put a hard cap of "3 blueberries per person!! No more!"
Old Nov 16, 22, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kmersh View Post
Matthew, I know that you have referenced that you have contacts at UA Catering, do you ask them what the heck they are thinking when they roll out this chicken curry thing which is bad enough, but then offer a mozzarella appetizer to go along with it?

I had this chicken curry thing and it was dry and unappetizing.
I'll ask - I just can't believe the latest slop.
Old Nov 16, 22, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post

I guess Kirby saw the menu photo and put a hard cap of "3 blueberries per person!! No more!"
My last two experiences with the waffle have not had the bananas foster sauce.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 16, 22 at 9:50 pm Reason: removed off topic content
Old Nov 16, 22, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
I got lucky on my BWI-IAH flight than the curry chicken wasn't catered. I got the zataar chicken. Outstanding. Best one I ever had. Even the mozzarella was top notch
Old Nov 16, 22, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmersh View Post
My last two experiences with the waffle have not had the bananas foster sauce.

Now, since there is no such thing as "Banana Fosters Sauce", but there is "Bananas Foster Sauce", maybe that is throwing off the flight kitchen chef .
kirkwoodj and dmurphynj like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 16, 22 at 9:49 pm Reason: removed off topic content; OMNI/PR comment
Old Nov 16, 22, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat

I don't think the French toast was suppose to have the sauce -- I have no clue what it's supposed to have, but it shouldn't be this dried out flavorless slice of overcooked bread.

Viva le Brioche Souffl!

Remember when this was a thing?

Now, since there is no such thing as "Banana Fosters Sauce", but there is "Bananas Foster Sauce", maybe that is throwing off the flight kitchen chef . Perhaps if United hired professional copywriters to proof read their menus instead of outsourcing it to various Chicago primary schools, the result might be a little more accurate.
If I see "Belgium Waffle" one more freakin' time ... Stuff like this makes my eyes twitch. It's a "Belgian Waffle!"

Belgian | adjective
Of, or relating to Belgium.
SPN Lifer, ll22949 and chavala like this.

Search this Thread