Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seanp7
13 Dec EWR-DFW: Pre-ordered the charcuterie plate, but flight was miscatered. Chicken noodles weren’t as good as the first time. The grain salad is good - more like this, please. Purser struggled all flight - didn’t want to be there; No PDB, no 1K meal priority. The flight also had a barking dog.

Had this exact meal also on EWR-DFW (lunch) and coincidentally the return DFW-EWR (dinner) a few weeks ago. Agree the grains were good, chicken was 'ok'. Bread was surprisingly good.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Currently on UA 534 HNL-LAX. FA Arlene or Eileen greeting F guests during boarding with pictures on phone with food options (tofu or katsu- a no ty) proactively offering snack boxes to everyone as an alternative. Said I’ll just take some mixed nuts and my drink.

I don’t normally have bad FA interactions-but this FA is over the top excellent as in a 10/10 to the point I’ll write it in which I don’t normally do.
SPN Lifer, MatthewLAX and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
EWR-IAH 14 Dec 545 pm (delayed to 650 pm) 737 seat 1E

No PDB. Pre-ordered the spicy tofu bowl and regretted it. The new salad/app is tasty tho.

Recent pics of the burger do look good, just wish it lacked the blasphemous barbecue sauce.

Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
They're really getting their money's worth out of that grain salad
ll22949 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
The RIC-DEN flight departed at 3:55 pm. I assumed that I got a snack service (Food: information is not available at this time according to App). There is no oven on UEX. The main dish was frozen and I had to wait for it to be defrozen. I was in survival mode; so I ate it. Whatever it was called (breakfast at dinner time or brunch service?) did not matter to me. 😂 🤪
img
Originally Posted by fumje
Very cool. I've always wanted to try green eggs and ham.

img
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
This is such a mystery. I did some digging with my contacts in catering and nobody knows what this is!
Well I got my wish, I suppose. It wasn't very good.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34838158-post1993.html
Originally Posted by fumje
Hah, I just had this last week too. Unfortunately.

I was hoping to have a larger portion of the channa masala they gave me in Y earlier this year. Instead I got this, a strange curry-like thing that looked vaguely Thai and tasted like nothing. It really had amazingly little flavour.

It was supposed to come with naan but the FA didn't notice until after serving, and I decided to pass on it.

Curiously it looks like Kmxu got this main for domestic meal service previously out of RIC:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34319356-post839.html
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
12/14 RSW-IAD 6:49pm departure 737 seat 2B
PDB choice of water or "champagne"
No preorder option.
Choice of cauliflower (indecipherable) salad or curry chicken noodles. I just heard the word cauliflower (I'm not a fan) and took a chance on the curry chicken.
As others have noted the dish was just "ok". The chicken was dry, not much sauce or curry flavor. The grain salad was decent. Bread roll and Pie in the Sky was warmed. FA was good on wine refills.

Old Dec 16, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by st530
No PDB. Pre-ordered the spicy tofu bowl and regretted it. The new salad/app is tasty tho.
Told ya so! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34811092-post1701.html
And I know you read it and wanted to try it anyway.
st530 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seanp7
13 Dec EWR-DFW: Pre-ordered the charcuterie plate, but flight was miscatered. Chicken noodles weren’t as good as the first time. The grain salad is good - more like this, please. Purser struggled all flight - didn’t want to be there; No PDB, no 1K meal priority. The flight also had a barking dog.

Too bad about the Purser and the dog on the same flight.

David
artvandalay likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1599 IAH-LAX 2008-2155 757-300

PDB of water or sparkling wine

Choice of lemon chicken (I think that's how they described it) or the grain bowl. This was...not good. The chicken is okay but everything else isn't. And I'm not sure where my COVID Cookie was.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Chicken looks of the fake processed variety. So much grain. Would a green salad break the budget?
rch4u and seanp7 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post # 1753)
Chicken looks of the fake processed variety. So much grain. Would a green salad break the budget?
Absent a close-up photograph of the sliced chicken (or laboratory testing), such accusations are rank speculation. And, frankly, offensive, in more ways than one.

Given the tendency of green leaves to wilt, a salad has a sorter shelf-life than the delicious (and nutritious) grain bowl. Thank you, UA, for your gastronomic excellence!

Please bring back the cherished Dole Fruit Cup™ and we will all be happy.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I think i'm the only person that doesn't care for the grain salad. Too onion heavy. I wouldn't mind some sort of side dish that isn't heavy on onion and/or peppers (I make several garbanzo beans based salads that are cold and easy with only a few ingredients.) The mozzarella was alright, just odd.

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Absent a close-up photograph of the sliced chicken (or laboratory testing), such accusations are rank speculation. And, frankly, offensive, in more ways than one.

Given the tendency of green leaves to wilt, a salad has a sorter shelf-life than the delicious (and nutritious) grain bowl. Thank you, UA, for your gastronomic excellence!

Please bring back the cherished Dole Fruit Cup™ and we will all be happy.
fruit cup is still on express
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
DFW-EWR 17 Dec, liked the pre-ordered Harissa Chicken.

Grain salad is good. I do agree that adding some arugula, balsamic vinegar, olive oil to the mozzarella blob would be a better "salad".
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Currently on UA 534 HNL-LAX. FA Arlene or Eileen greeting F guests during boarding with pictures on phone with food options (tofu or katsu- a no ty) proactively offering snack boxes to everyone as an alternative. Said I’ll just take some mixed nuts and my drink.

I don’t normally have bad FA interactions-but this FA is over the top excellent as in a 10/10 to the point I’ll write it in which I don’t normally do.
I thought it was fun at first but now really tired of the Katsu/Crispy tofu special local ex Hawai‘i offerings. I’m doomed to have it tomorrow night, barring a christmas miracle…
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by evol
I thought it was fun at first but now really tired of the Katsu/Crispy tofu special local ex Hawai‘i offerings. I’m doomed to have it tomorrow night, barring a christmas miracle…
just bask in the sheer glory to be among the privileged few flying in first/business from the Hawaiian islands this time of year !
BlueZebra and frutabell like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.