Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Ok folks, order the BBQ bacon beer burger. It's so much better than all the crap currently served up front. This from EWR-DEN on Saturday:

(and yes, I plated it myself)
tcdtcd and frutabell like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Ok folks, order the BBQ bacon beer burger. It's so much better than all the crap currently served up front. This from EWR-DEN on Saturday:

You're hired!

David
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select

No bread or cookie pie?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recent LGA-DEN, pre-ordered the chicken curry noodles (forget what the other choice was). Taste was okay, not awful. The mozzarella needed lots of salt/pepper (or even better, a balsamic dressing or something).
The return DEN-EWR, upgrade cleared right after T-24; on-board choices were chicken with orzo and a vegetarian grain bowl. My husband and I both ordered the chicken, but as he has no status (I am 1K), got shafted with the grain -- or did he? The orzo was totally bland/plain. Might as well have been prison food. The grain appetizer salad was decent, although that was a lot of grain for whoever also had the grain entree. And a LOT of carbs for everyone. Supposedly the grain entree was good. Rolls did not come until we were mostly done with our meals, I think because they forgot. Oh well.

Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Longboater
No bread or cookie pie?
They were on the clear plate I used for the burger.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
You're hired!

David
United: “You’re fired!”
evol likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:10 am

Charcuterie -IMHO-Best meal on UA this year. 12-6-22 IAH-LAS-Dinner.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:27 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by coplatsat

Charcuterie -IMHO-Best meal on UA this year. 12-6-22 IAH-LAS-Dinner.
Agree. Had it last week ORD/RSW. Best thing I have had in a long time in UA first. Every other choice was a carb bomb.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Lax-Iad 777 Polaris
Choice of Egg or Waffles
They were all out of egg dish before they got to 2nd Biz cabin (I was in row 9)
so I was stuck with the sugar bomb breakfast
sure wish one of these days I could get the pre-order option it’s never available on my regular flights (Lax to EWR/IAD/HNL)
this is why I prefer AA I know what I am going eat
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Lax-Iad 777 Polaris
Choice of Egg or Waffles
They were all out of egg dish before they got to 2nd Biz cabin (I was in row 9)
so I was stuck with the sugar bomb breakfast
sure wish one of these days I could get the pre-order option it’s never available on my regular flights (Lax to EWR/IAD/HNL)
this is why I prefer AA I know what I am going eat
I have no idea why UA has decided it cannot offer meal reservations on widebody jets...
frutabell likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
BOS > ORD 9:30 AM EST departure

I'd take a HARD PASS on this one: Green chili frittata. The sauce vastly outnumbered the actual frittata. However, the fruit bowl was excellent and the croissant lukewarm, so maybe I call it even?

also no PDB, but a nice crew all the same

Last edited by BOSskier; Dec 14, 2022 at 2:21 am Reason: Too much time in Frankfurt
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have no idea why UA has decided it cannot offer meal reservations on widebody jets...
At this point pre-ordering meals should be system-wide on every mainline flight, every route, every aircraft and include an option for a snack box if you don't like any of the entree choices. It's really not that difficult to do - but perhaps when you're running "the world's best airline and flag carrier of the United States", your product is already perfect and needs no further improvement
frutabell likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
DEN-IAH
Lunch
757-300
Preordered the charcuterie plate and was very satisfied. I've seen this a few times above and it seems from every station there is a bit of variation on presentation.

Charcuterie plate
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:27 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Pre-ordered the bacon burger for today's IAD-IAH flight and it was much better than the brick roll burgers of the past. It was actually edible. Yesterday's chicken entree IAH-DCA was edible as well. Personally I am not a fan of the "salad" with grains and corn and such but I ate some of it on both flights.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
13 Dec EWR-DFW: Pre-ordered the charcuterie plate, but flight was miscatered. Chicken noodles weren’t as good as the first time. The grain salad is good - more like this, please. Purser struggled all flight - didn’t want to be there; No PDB, no 1K meal priority. The flight also had a barking dog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.