Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Is this Harissa chicken different from the curry chicken? If so, can we get a pic?
I apologize I didn’t take a photo today of the Harissa. They are definitively separate and distinct items. Curry chicken has noodles as the starch, Harissa has black rice and green peas. Sauces/spices are very different.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Today PHX - EWR had the Harissa Chicken Breast with lemon caper sauce, black rice, green chickpeas, and tomatoes. Pretty good, real chicken breast (not “parts is parts”). Served with the bland mozzarella side, warm pretzel roll, and the warm chocolate chip thing.

I’d order it again, but it’s one of those entrees that will get tiring fairly quickly.
i just had it on YYC DEN but with the grain bowl side
main I think is excellent.
but what is up with that Kirby Kut of replacing the butter with this tiny drop of margarine???
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
EWR-PHX tonight I had the curry chicken bowl, which was very good. Good portion size, good quality real chicken breast slices. Could’ve used a bit more sauce.

The bigger news is the mozzarella side was gone and replaced with a barley/carrot/green pepper side that had an interesting marinade - something like an Italian dressing (but better) and a mild spice. While I’d still prefer a basic green salad or the Asian version, this barley option was very good!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I apologize I didn’t take a photo today of the Harissa. They are definitively separate and distinct items. Curry chicken has noodles as the starch, Harissa has black rice and green peas. Sauces/spices are very different.
here’s a shot of the Harissa chicken.
definitely a strange dish, but not bad.

cesco.g, SPN Lifer and leoo like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It looks absolutely delicious!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
My dog threw up over the weekend on our new rug. It looked remarkably similar to this dish served on UA in their premium cabin. I'd like to avoid both.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
EWR-IAH 7:45am departure 12/3

Originally Posted by cyber1k
My dog threw up over the weekend on our new rug. It looked remarkably similar to this dish served on UA in their premium cabin. I'd like to avoid both.
Didn't bother taking picture of egg frittata dish on EWR-IAH last Saturday on the Fauxlaris-ified 764. It was poorly heated so the potatoes and eggs were either lukewarm or even a bit cool depending on quadrant. The spinach side was rather disgusting. All told, I ate a few bites. The other option was the waffle which I find too sweet. Between the repetition of same meals over YEARS now, and the declining quality, UA catering is really dismal. At least dog vomit would be new.

Last edited by marks88; Dec 5, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: UA GS
EWR to SEA on 12/1/2022 in domestic first. United forgot to load any of the cabins' pre-ordered meals and all the meals served lacked bread, dessert, and had plastic packaging still attached. Luckily took a photo and filed a complaint which managed to earn $250 back. Honestly, will take that for a missing bread roll.....
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
DEN-SEA Breakfast
12/3
Breakfast Frittata, Spinach, Sausage, Fruit, Croissant (with Cherry Preserves!), Chobani Vanilla Yogurt

I absolutely enjoyed this breakfast.

Breakfast frittata with spinach, sausage, potatoes, cheese sauce, fruit, warm and soft croissant with premium preserves(!) and the always present Chobani yogurt.
SPN Lifer, seanp7, st530 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
DEN-SEA Breakfast
12/3
Breakfast Frittata, Spinach, Sausage, Fruit, Croissant (with Cherry Preserves!), Chobani Vanilla Yogurt

I absolutely enjoyed this breakfast.

Breakfast frittata with spinach, sausage, potatoes, cheese sauce, fruit, warm and soft croissant with premium preserves(!) and the always present Chobani yogurt.
absolutely one of the best UA breakfasts ever…
even better than a Polaris pre-arrival meal
SFO 1K and tcdtcd like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by cyber1k
I was thinking dog vomit as well when I saw the pic of the Harissa chicken
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Agreed. I didn’t care for the spinach (as another poster pointed out above), but others will. A very good meal. 👍
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just curious where the name "Harissa" comes from. Any ethnic cuisine, culture it might refer to?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
That’s a low bar. But it does look pretty good I must say.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Just curious where the name "Harissa" comes from. Any ethnic cuisine, culture it might refer to?
UA's version appears to be from an Armenian derivation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harees#Armenian_cuisine

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.