Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
EWR-IAH
UA1973

Boeing 737-800
Meal: lunch

Choice of chicken with orzo or Impossible meatballs (below). The dish was not bad, but I wonder how much sodium was in it. Friendly and proactive crew.

Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:16 pm

Sorry no pictures. Wasn't worth the effort.

11-8-22: DEN to SDF: I preordered the Cheeseburger. In my opinion it was gross. I ended up just picking the meet and bacon out. Bread was laden with grease, and both mushy and stale (around the edges). A hamburger does not lend itself to be reheated on an airplane. Fruit was ok and of course the cookie was fine.

11-9-22: ORD-SAT: I preordered the farfel. Just below gross-too much cumin. Salad was the simulated burrata-too much cheese. I don't think I am going to bother eating on board anymore.

On the bright side, at least the UC has edible food. SAT had pork sliders and ORD had meatballs. Crew was fantastic and full pdb on the DEN-SDF flight.

I highly recommend that you all eat before your flight until the food gets better. It is not worth the calories or cluttering the tray table.
manstein58 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 10, 2022 at 1:46 pm Reason: Let's stay to this decade for comments in this thread
Old Nov 10, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Just pre-ordered for my flight next week ORD - DFW. Mostly the same three alternative meal choices but the za'aatar chicken has been replaced with a chicken curry noodle bowl, described as "chicken curry noodle bowl with rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and spices" and the Impossible Meatballs have been replaced with a cauliflower grain salad, described as "cauliflower grain salad with cauliflower rice, zucchini squash, avocado salsa, and green Chile."
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:01 pm

Pre-ordered our meals for our flight tomorrow YYC - DEN. The only option was the "spinach and red pepper quiche", the app wouldn't let me make selections for our DEN - KOA leg, so I guess we'll see what we end up with. I proactively bought some Greek yogurt and fruit 'parfaits' from the grocery store today to take the the hotel tonight and have in the morning before our flight, just in case. I see the Denver airport has a Chik-fil-a - hopefully they're open tomorrow, I've always wanted to try them (none in YYC).
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by airkapper
Pre-ordered our meals for our flight tomorrow YYC - DEN. The only option was the "spinach and red pepper quiche", the app wouldn't let me make selections for our DEN - KOA leg, so I guess we'll see what we end up with. I proactively bought some Greek yogurt and fruit 'parfaits' from the grocery store today to take the the hotel tonight and have in the morning before our flight, just in case. I see the Denver airport has a Chik-fil-a - hopefully they're open tomorrow, I've always wanted to try them (none in YYC).
dont be intimidated by the long lines, they move really fast 😜. I got my first flight as a 21 year old tomorrow, maybe for once the catering will taste good!
kirkwoodj and airkapper like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Just pre-ordered for my flight next week ORD - DFW. Mostly the same three alternative meal choices but the za'aatar chicken has been replaced with a chicken curry noodle bowl, described as "chicken curry noodle bowl with rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and spices" and the Impossible Meatballs have been replaced with a cauliflower grain salad, described as "cauliflower grain salad with cauliflower rice, zucchini squash, avocado salsa, and green Chile."
Sounds like a change. Im checking on it.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:25 pm

IAH - IAD no preorder, zaatar chicken or meatballs with the strange cheese and pepper 'salad'. Bread was warmed. The meal could really use a leafy vegetable salad. Presentation was clean and service was efficient.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
It only took 6 months for the impossible meatballs and za'aatar chicken to be replaced. I think they should go for 12 months with the new choices!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Choices offered for next weeks flight

cesco.g and kmersh like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Does anyone know if Harvest Grain Bowl is served hot or cold (other than the mandarin oranges&#128514?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Choices offered for next weeks flight

That noodle bowl might be interesting, esp if it is along the Thai one served before.
Too bad I am on a wide-body on my next trip.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
standard quiche and sausage. Very solid meal

evol likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
UA1756
YVR-ORD
9 November 2022
Dep YVR 6.45am
Distance 1533 nm (Great circle)
A319
United First

PDB of orange juice or water was offered.

Once underway, a cold "breakfast" was served. This is contrary to what it is says on the UA website "On flights 800 miles or greater You’ll get your choice of hot meal." YVR has extensive catering facilities. It is puzzling that no hot breakfast was served.

Breakfast offering on UA1576, YVR-ORD

The service was pleasant, but nothing to write home about. There were no coffee refills offered proactively - I went to the galley to get one.

For my forthcoming return journey on UA1580 ORD-YVR, I've ordered the za'atar chicken, which seemed the best of a bad bunch.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Chalkie
UA1756
YVR-ORD
9 November 2022
Dep YVR 6.45am
Distance 1533 nm (Great circle)
A319
United First

PDB of orange juice or water was offered.

Once underway, a cold "breakfast" was served. This is contrary to what it is says on the UA website "On flights 800 miles or greater You’ll get your choice of hot meal." YVR has extensive catering facilities. It is puzzling that no hot breakfast was served.
Please write in with the picture and complain. It's completely unacceptable for United to not bother round-trip catering the flight or sourcing catering at the major airport that is YVR.
Chalkie likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
DEN-DFW
Economy 1Ks got a pre-ordered snack box of their choice. FC got 1 Stroopwaffle each.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.