Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
When glassware returns, will PDBs still be in plastic cups like they used to be or will they be making this glassware too now?
PDB have always been in plastic. I've been told that it was because glassware is required (not sure by whom) to be stowed for take off and landing, where as plastic does not.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WIRunner
PDB have always been in plastic. I've been told that it was because glassware is required (not sure by whom) to be stowed for take off and landing, where as plastic does not.
Might be running into a space issue, also, for an extra set of glasses, but I'm not an expert...
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
It's never been good. I can remember that was frequently offered as the second meal when flying to NRT. I learned my lesson after trying it once.
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I’ve had 2-3 bad chicken katsu experiences on UA to the point I won’t order it - ever!
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
you don’t like soggy chicken?
I have been warned and too bad I couldn't have warned him in advance! I can imagine something like that would be a terrible choice for reheating. It has to be eaten very fresh to be its best.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
LAX-EWR
UA1537

Boeing 767-300 Hi-J
Meal: Dinner

Choice of vegetarian ravioli or chicken with polenta (below)

Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure what this cake is about that has been popping up. Internal menu still calls for the gelato/sorbet.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Not sure what this cake is about that has been popping up. Internal menu still calls for the gelato/sorbet.
got the same type of (gooey) cake on the same flight two weeks ago:

David
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
got the same type of (gooey) cake on the same flight two weeks ago:

David
Things must be getting back to normal when mysterious cakes and cake type desserts are starting to pop up. 2019 it was strawberry cheesecake or some other coffeecake type of cake slice that randomly showed up on meal flights.

Also I think I found your dessert. Used to be cut up smaller and served at the LAX United Club
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by seat38a
Great eye! When I saw these cakes in the meal pics, Im thinking to myself where have I seen these before, and then your picture hit me, LAX club pre covid. Maybe they are testing cake desserts for a potential soon return to dessert cart?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Great eye! When I saw these cakes in the meal pics, Im thinking to myself where have I seen these before, and then your picture hit me, LAX club pre covid. Maybe they are testing cake desserts for a potential soon return to dessert cart?
These are the Eli’s Lemon Bars - same Chicago based maker of the Pie in the Sky. They also supply the mini apple and cherry pies that you used to get on the cart in the Polaris service.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by greenpau
These are the Eli’s Lemon Bars - same Chicago based maker of the Pie in the Sky. They also supply the mini apple and cherry pies that you used to get on the cart in the Polaris service.
Personally I'd take one of these over gelato in a paper cup or sorbet with fruit toppings.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:06 pm

Hasn't United and Eli's been in cahoots for a long long time?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
The one I had wasn't lemon.

David
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Reminds me of the pmUA days just prior to the merger. You'd get a random sheet cake slice like leftover from Tilton's officer party or something for dinner.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
The one I had wasn't lemon.

David
If my memory serves me correctly, the LAX one didn't taste like lemon but it was allegedly lemon. But it probably all comes from the same custard batch and they just add whatever artificial flavor to it and call it a day.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat38a
If my memory serves me correctly, the LAX one didn't taste like lemon but it was allegedly lemon. But it probably all comes from the same custard batch and they just add whatever artificial flavor to it and call it a day.
I think the LAX club lemon bars aren't the same as the onboard dessert. The gooey-ness seems different to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.