Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 4, 22, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.0 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium) Elite, AA Gold
Are the LatAm non-Polaris business routes (I'm thinking in particular of IAH-SJU) just the same two choices as domestic F?
Old Jan 4, 22, 5:11 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post

This is a United 1st class meal from Denver to Cancun. Breakfast.

This is a Delta first class meal Detroit to Cancun. Lunch. To put size in perspective, that is a tiny, snack-sized bag of chips.

This is why I've been spending more money with United instead of Delta. I will take a free upgrade on Delta if offered. If paying, i want better service and United provides it.
yes Delta in flight service is a joke, and any one who spends $ on paid F on DL has a few screws loose !!
Old Jan 5, 22, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA Gold, DL
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness View Post
yes Delta in flight service is a joke, and any one who spends $ on paid F on DL has a few screws loose !!
Another thing I enjoy about FT is that it strives to respect such a wide diversity of informed opinion.
kirkwoodj and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jan 9, 22, 3:05 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Hot Sandwich Not Served On Plate?

I admit it’s been 10 months since I was last on a United flight but I did a same day turn (DEN-SEA-DEN) taking a family member back home and got a snack box offering in F on UX outbound and I had a choice of one of the two hot sandwiches (not sure what they are called) on the return, a UA 737-900, also in F. I passed but I noticed that they were served without a plate (just in the paper wrapping) with a single napkin and plastic utensils.

Didn't they used to serve them on a plate? They are messy and sometime burnt or dried on the bottom making them hard to cut with a plastic knife. The Glenfarklas kicked in and I dozed off so I didn’t get to watch how people handled them but the only option for cutting would have been with a single napkin on the tray table. Yuk!

Anomaly or common practice?

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Jan 10, 22 at 2:30 am Reason: Clarified UX and UA flights
Old Jan 9, 22, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by DEN View Post
Didn't they used to serve them on a plate? They are messy and sometime burnt or dried on the bottom making them hard to cut with a plastic knife. The Glenfarklas kicked in and I dozed off so I didnt get to watch how people handled them but the only option for cutting would have been with a single napkin on the tray table. Yuk!

Anomaly, I think. I definitely recall the warmed sandwiches being served on the smaller (domestic) casserole plates. But, it's been a while since I've been on a domestic flight that had the warmed sandwiches.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 9, 22, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DEN View Post
I admit its been 10 months since I was last on a United flight but I did a same day turn DEN-SEA taking a family member back home and got a snack box offering in F on UX outbound and I had a choice of one of the two hot sandwiches (not sure what they are called) on the return, also in F. I passed but I noticed that they were served without a plate (just in the paper wrapping) with a single napkin and plastic utensils.

Didn't they used to serve them on a plate? They are messy and sometime burnt or dried on the bottom making them hard to cut with a plastic knife. The Glenfarklas kicked in and I dozed off so I didnt get to watch how people handled them but the only option for cutting would have been with a single napkin on the tray table. Yuk!

DEN
Did you ask the UX FA if there were plates/casserole dishes provided by catering?

David
Old Jan 9, 22, 9:26 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Did you ask the UX FA if there were plates/casserole dishes provided by catering?

David
The heated sandwich offering was on the return flight, a UA 737-900. Since I didn’t take the food offered, I was only observing what others received.

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Jan 10, 22 at 2:40 am
Old Jan 10, 22, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Shouldn't this thread be closed in favor of 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jan 10, 22, 1:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VWang1111 View Post
Typically wait a week or two for late postings. Easy enough to move mis-postings

But will close these thread this week

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread