Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Guy next to me added a baileys to his coffee . . . breakfast of champions!
That's my go-to also in the AM when I get upgaged to First! Especially until the LAX UC reopens for the early flights - its current 5:30 AM open is too late for all of the first flights to other hubs (SFO, DEN, IAH) that begin boarding between 5 and 5:20 AM.

David
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uyflyer
11/ 8 EWR-SFO dinner flight, 8:00 PM departure, business-first. Choice of Thai chicken or pasta. Thai chicken was tasty and the portion large..warmed pretzel roll, cold nuts, salad and sorbet all served at once. So far, so good...*but*, they did not have headphones in business/first!! The FA did a quick run handing out the economy earbuds and mentioned that lack of regular noise cancelling headphones is a "Newark thing".

Safe travels
no issues w/ headphones BOS-SFO yesterday
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Another great crew IAH BOG this afternoon. Dinner was three choices, each one was properly described by the crew. Short rib was as tender and delicious as I remember it, although the portion is half of what it once was, and they need to dial back on the amount of sugar in that sauce. No PDB again, but a snack basket was passed around 90 minutes before arrival.

st530, kirkwoodj and narvik like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you fly ship 6667 (767-300ER), look for all of EWRs p.t.s. headphones above 17L:

And there's a similar sized/filled bag above 15F.

David
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by DELee
If you fly ship 6667 (767-300ER), look for all of EWRs p.t.s. headphones above 17L:

And there's a similar sized/filled bag above 15F.

David
Did you check to see if the full sized silverware that flies into Denver but never leaves is up there too?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Did you check to see if the full sized silverware that flies into Denver but never leaves is up there too?
Sorry, no.

That's for DEN FlyerTalkers to go and find...

David
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
IAD-LAS on 11/8

AMAZING purser named Diane. Really solid, friendly, and super professional. I actually enjoyed listening to her announcements, she clearly loved what she was doing. She also thanked me for being a "valued 1K member." From my last few flights, the handheld gizmo is clearly prompting them to do that when they take your order, whether in the front or in the back of the bus.

Came through to validate pre-orders/take orders for those who hadn't ordered yet online. I was in 1F and when she went to 1B she already apologized for being out of the chicken and suggesting the polenta. The tray included warm pretzel roll, butter, warmed pie in the sky, and a nice fruit mix (pineapple, melon, blueberries, orange).

They made the announcement about one drink per service but Diane was going through the cabin regularly, so the drinks were flowing.

The chicken was actually tasty, not dry, and the pesto was nicely done.
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Seems like the Christie cookie is becoming the permanent replacement for the Gelato/Moon Pie. Seen it in a few of the photos posted and on a recent SFO-EWR flight, it was on the tray.

Or is this a fluke/temporary thing?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Seems like the Christie cookie is becoming the permanent replacement for the Gelato/Moon Pie. Seen it in a few of the photos posted and on a recent SFO-EWR flight, it was on the tray.

Or is this a fluke/temporary thing?
According to internal menu, still a temp thing.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by big V
IAD-LAS on 11/8

AMAZING purser named Diane. Really solid, friendly, and super professional. I actually enjoyed listening to her announcements, she clearly loved what she was doing. She also thanked me for being a "valued 1K member." From my last few flights, the handheld gizmo is clearly prompting them to do that when they take your order, whether in the front or in the back of the bus.

Came through to validate pre-orders/take orders for those who hadn't ordered yet online. I was in 1F and when she went to 1B she already apologized for being out of the chicken and suggesting the polenta. The tray included warm pretzel roll, butter, warmed pie in the sky, and a nice fruit mix (pineapple, melon, blueberries, orange).

They made the announcement about one drink per service but Diane was going through the cabin regularly, so the drinks were flowing.

The chicken was actually tasty, not dry, and the pesto was nicely done.
Wait, did I miss a new “one drink per service” enhancement?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Wait, did I miss a new “one drink per service” enhancement?
See here: What is UA's policy on limiting alcohol drinks?

David
st530 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
LAX-DEN
Boeing 737-900
Breakfast

Choice of the waffles or the egg quiche. I chose the quiche while my parents chose the waffles (not pictured). They loved the waffles. I enjoyed the quiche and loved the sauce. Fruit was ripe. Service was fine throughout the flight.

United Breakfast LAX-DEN
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Another great crew IAH BOG this afternoon. Dinner was three choices, each one was properly described by the crew. Short rib was as tender and delicious as I remember it, although the portion is half of what it once was, and they need to dial back on the amount of sugar in that sauce. No PDB again, but a snack basket was passed around 90 minutes before arrival.

This is indistinguishable from the current Polaris short rib main ex-IAH, with the exception of cookie replaced by small container of ice cream. Actually, you got a full-size napkin with button hole, whereas my last two Polaris "napkins" ex-IAH were just the blue square place mats.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

11/08/21 UA2069 EWR-LAX

Lunch

Meals offered: Thai Chicken or Ravioli

Had both.

If you really, really like cheese, go with the Ravioli. Otherwise, I recommend the Thai Chicken.

Rolls were served out of EWR, cold.

Also, pre-meal bevands I went with champagne and the house cab.

Note that the sorbet was still rock hard even after waiting through two meal servings.

Ordered a coffee to wait even longer:

Pre-arrival snack dishes were the same hummus/tabbouleh or the cheese/meat plates.

David
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Route: LAX-IAH
Plane: 737-900
Date: 11/12
Lunch flight

i almost feel bad posting this at this point because I think everyone else has seen the same food option ever since they brought back meals. Options were chicken or polenta on this flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.