Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:27 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by econ
Usually 1 or 2 soups, cookies/brownies, some light snacks like cheese cubes/celery sticks/pita chips/hummus. Nothing substantial. Most of my experience in there has been before red-eyes, so not sure if their offerings are more limited then, but I haven't been impressed so far. I've found that even the new AS Lounge has better quality food than the AC.
Same offering during the day - don't forget the warmed spinach dip!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
We're getting way OT, but I have only ever visited the SFO AC for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, avocado toast, smoked salmon, and the usual continental breakfast options. And a very, very good free Bloody Mary. Newer design and never crowded.

I'm more familiar with the SFO SC, which we've already established is in a different league than the UC or AC, and is frankly a better alternative than the CL.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Selected the italian ragu on DEN IAD - sort of a spicy tomato dish on polenta. It was okay.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
XXX-EWR
Boeing 767-300 10-row Polaris
UA1524 12/8

Breakfast

Choices were eggs or waffle. By the time they reached me, all the eggs were gone so thank you GS/1Ks. Waffle was excessively sweet and would not have again. Grapes + that waffle + the lemon wafers made me stop after a solid 4 bites because it got too sweet on my palette.

Also for the XXX just having a bit of fun I think we call can deduce the XXX by looking at the grapes alone
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
XXX-EWR
UA1524 12/8

Breakfast

Choices were eggs or waffle. By the time they reached me, all the eggs were gone so thank you GS/1Ks. Waffle was excessively sweet and would not have again. Grapes + that waffle + the lemon wafers made me stop after a solid 4 bites because it got too sweet on my palette.

Also for the XXX just having a bit of fun I think we call can deduce the XXX by looking at the grapes alone
img
Welcome to the American palate.

If XXX is meant to be a guessing game, it is IAH.

I also think that tray is too much sweet (100%), but I have a soft spot for the waffle if you balance it with a black coffee or a sparkling wine. Better to just save the cookie bits for another time.

Good photo.
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
LAX-HNL lunch flight. 3 choices - shortrib, thai chicken, cauliflower something. My short rib choice came w/ asian sauce, rice, carrots/brocolli. Salad w/ ginger/sesame dressing, prtetzel rool w/ butter, Elie's chocolate chip cheese cake. Definitely filling, especially when downed with a Longboard Lager - served with glass - framed "United" in beer foam Slept rest of flight since didn't get much night before (the hazards of going deep in a poker tournament)...

Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Slept rest of flight since didn't get much night before (the hazards of going deep in a poker tournament)...
How far did you get?

David
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
How far did you get?
6th at Caesar's Palace 9pm. Knocked out just befor 2am. Had to drop someone at airport for 6:05am UA flight to IAH and then return for my 10:35am flight to LAX. Not much sleep in there...
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artpen100
Selected the italian ragu on DEN IAD - sort of a spicy tomato dish on polenta. It was okay.
A family member had it recently and liked it as well.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:51 pm

MCO-SFO breakfast. I liked it! Breakfast is what they seem to do best right now.

Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
LAX-HNL lunch flight. 3 choices - shortrib, thai chicken, cauliflower something. My short rib choice came w/ asian sauce, rice, carrots/brocolli. Salad w/ ginger/sesame dressing, prtetzel rool w/ butter, Elie's chocolate chip cheese cake. Definitely filling, especially when downed with a Longboard Lager - served with glass - framed "United" in beer foam
United blows away AA on this route. AA is still serving cold meals and pathetic, wrapped, dry sandwiches on this route.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SE
DEN-IAH UA 329 Lunch

After a tapas snack box for breakfast in YYC-DEN, I was hoping the lunch coded flight on DEN-IAH would have something that wasnt in a box or plastic package. Unfortunately not. Seems like a miss from catering, but the lunch was a packaged cheese tray, and the oddest part was a box of raisins as a side where the salad would normally be. It felt like someone switched out a lunch kit from a kindergarten school cafeteria.

Lunch on DEN-IAH
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
ORD-IAH 9 Dec 345 pm 763 seat 1F

Why did no one tell me 1F has a GIGANTIC foot well?

PDB offered in plastic cups a la pre-pandemic but choice of OJ, water or bubble. Went with bubbly:

Dinner was choice of Italian rag or chicken something. Given all the positive reviews of rag, I tried it and thought it was fine. Good crew.

Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold; DL Silver; Amtrak Select Plus;Hilton Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
XXX-EWR
UA1524 12/8

Breakfast

Personally, I love the waffle breakfast. But I guess everyone has different tastes. :-)
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by st530
Why did no one tell me 1F has a GIGANTIC foot well?
We didn't know if you'd think it was a shoe in.

David
st530 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.