Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a

Forgot this. I bought 10 boxes to use my AMEX airline credit before the end of the year.
Awesome! Here's a heritage snack box from a different era:

They keep.

David
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:28 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by WIRunner
PDB have always been in plastic. I've been told that it was because glassware is required (not sure by whom) to be stowed for take off and landing, where as plastic does not.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Might be running into a space issue, also, for an extra set of glasses, but I'm not an expert...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33746278-post1436.html
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rajsbasi
EWR to SFO 13 November 1029am.

Thai chicken, was flavorsome. Nice to see the sorbet back. Pre arrival snack below.
Originally Posted by tstauck
EWR-LAX 5pm, went with the Thai chicken and it was very good and filling. No pre-order despite the flight being over 1500 miles, so looks like they're still trying to get that going.

Dinner, dessert and pre-arrival all the same as posted above, so will only post one pic.

Excellent service throughout!
EWR-SFO today (11/25) - the Thai Chicken was very good, and a solid portion with plenty of chicken. I hear the butternut squash ravioli was very good as well. No sorbet though - we had the small tubs of semi-liquid salted caramel ice cream for dessert, served together with the main course.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
We missed each other yesterday. Definitely were not on the same flight as we had chocolate sorbet with strawberries on my EWR-SFO flight.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CApreppie
We missed each other yesterday. Definitely were not on the same flight as we had chocolate sorbet with strawberries on my EWR-SFO flight.
Wow - that sounds awful.

David
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Wow - that sounds awful.

David
Ha. You can decide for yourself below. Strange about the dessert difference same day same routing. Were you on a narrowbody? I was on a widebody.

EWR-SFO lunch flight
Choice was Thai chicken or ravioli with butternut squash
Chocolate sorbet with strawberries was served separately after dinner. I saw them in the galley waiting - assuming they were letting them soften up
Pre arrival was the same choice of cheese/fruit/meat plate or tabouleh or hummus plates (not sure if they had both this time, but I did hear tabouleh)

I thought it was pretty tasty. The chicken could use a bit more sauce. I felt it sort of Pad Thai-curry'ey. Salad was rather refreshing with the dressing on it. Staff was professional and friendly. Came through during the flight to check on passengers. Cabin was about 2/3 full.

Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha. You can decide for yourself below. Strange about the dessert difference same day same routing. Were you on a narrowbody? I was on a widebody.

EWR-SFO lunch flight
Chocolate sorbet with strawberries was served separately after dinner. I saw them in the galley waiting - assuming they were letting them soften up
Pre arrival was the same choice of cheese/fruit/meat plate or tabouleh or hummus plates (not sure if they had both this time, but I did hear tabouleh)

I thought it was pretty tasty. The chicken could use a bit more sauce. I felt it sort of Pad Thai-curry'ey. Salad was rather refreshing with the dressing on it. Staff was professional and friendly. Came through during the flight to check on passengers. Cabin was about 2/3 full.

I still think you got the better dessert.

David
CApreppie and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

EWR-SFO lunch flight

We were on the 2pm flight which was a 787-10. Bizarre that the dessert would be different - that seems almost more complicated! Interestingly, the Polaris cabin was completely full on our flight - though 22 of them, including us, were upgraded in in the 24 hour window. Was amusing waiting so long for a plus points upgrade to clear into a half full cabin. Talk about desperately holding out for last minute revenue!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:31 pm

EWR-LAX
Breakfast
Choice of French toast or egg white quiche (pictured). Croissant was not warmed.

LAX-EWR
Lunch
Choice of pasta or chicken (pictured). Surprisingly, the pretzel roll was warmed. The sauce was mushroom-based, and the dessert was a lemon bar.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rmannion
[ T]he dessert was a lemon bar.
The return of the delicious lemon bar is strong evidence indeed of United's commitment to quality.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The return of the delicious lemon bar is strong evidence indeed of United's commitment to quality.
Are you being facetious?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Does PremPlus on EWR-SFO/LAX get a meal? And if so is it any different than what is served in Biz class aka the Polaris seats? The UA website implies it is the same.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Does PremPlus on EWR-SFO/LAX get a meal? And if so is it any different than what is served in Biz class aka the Polaris seats? The UA website implies it is the same.
Right now, the J meal service for t.p.s. is the same as it is for PP.

David
uastarflyer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Right now, the J meal service for t.p.s. is the same as it is for PP.

David
Well that will make not clearing the upgrades on PlusPoints as a 1K in O class slightly more palatable

As a 1K can I also get a free BOB box too, if seated in PremPlus?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Well that will make not clearing the upgrades on PlusPoints as a 1K in O class slightly more palatable

As a 1K can I also get a free BOB box too, if seated in PremPlus?
Sure.

David
uastarflyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.