Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA2614 LAX-EWR
Dinner

options: "ravioli with a light cream sauce or chicken"

Guess which I picked:

roll was warmed but not hot when received .

Drink. requested and gladly received:

Closeup of dessert - basically a gooey cake:

Had to request a cup of coffee.

Pre-arrival dishes:

oh wait, here's what was served on them:

Very attentive and superior LAX crew always appreciated.

David
big V and tstauck like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
This meal looks better than Polaris business meal. This means that Polaris meal will be improved soon?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
The outcome was a warmed sandwich. Croissant with Canadian Bacon & egg, yogurt, fruit cup and lemon cookies. It was OK. Not amazing, but in 2021 context, not bad.

UA2383, PHL-DEN 11/5/21 in F
Had the same croissant PIT-IAH on Wednesday, but only the croissant because it was under 1500 miles. Was only expecting a snack box from an outstation so was surprised. Wasn’t too bad.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
A few recent flights:

IAH-LGA 29 Oct

I really wish IAH-LGA was an exception flight (if any of those still exist) given that it’s just under the 1,500 threshold and it’s from a hub to the biggest market in the US. But since they’re still running E175s on some segments, I guess that would generate inconsistency.

EWR-SFO 1 Nov

IAH-RSW-IAH 6-7 Nov

This breakfast sandwich is far and away the best snack option currently available regardless of time of day.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Southwest A-List, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Starbucks Gold :)
Nov 6, SFO-DEN

Choices were “quiche with tomato and kale” and “waffles”. I was in the mood for something sweet and decided to risk a soggy waffle. The dish was way overheated (F/A warned - watch out, the plate is very hot!) and of course the waffle was limpy. Though the fruit topping was a pleasant surprise and made it for an attractive presentation. Despite it being so common, I really like the cut fruit - nice and refreshing.

Seat mate went with the quiche and it also had a sausage on the side. Most folks went with the quiche.

UA First Breakfast SFO-DEN
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:21 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by st530
A few recent flights:

This breakfast sandwich is far and away the best snack option currently available regardless of time of day.
Is this a standard "snack" breakfast these days? I have an 855am ORD-SLC coming up this week that is just short of 1500 miles, and was expecting a snack box but this seems much better.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by autobahnal
Is this a standard "snack" breakfast these days? I have an 855am ORD-SLC coming up this week that is just short of 1500 miles, and was expecting a snack box but this seems much better.
It is, but there are only a few catered so you need to sit in row 1 (or possibly 2) to get one.
autobahnal likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
SFO-HNL 11/6 Breakfast

Finally the SFO-HNL breakfast has switched from the 2 “egg white bites” to a kale egg puff pastry which was different than last month. I’m sure I’ll be sick and tired of it after experiencing it once or twice.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:11 am

I was in first/business on a Skywest E-175 YVR-DEN yesterday. Times were 7am-9:30am. App listed snack and I thought this would be a box based on united.com.
Instead it was the stroopwafel or pretzels.
Was this a catering mistake?

SFO-IAD on the 787-800 was pretty bad too.
No nuts.
Chicken breast with chimchurri or polenta with tomato sauce. Fruit no salad and pie in the sky. Bread was heated.
I guess it's not considered premium enough for Saks products. No pillows either. Only the thin blue blankets.

The plating of the chicken was so unappetizing.

Sometimes I think the caterers have a contest to see how gross they can make the trays looks yet still get it to pass inspection before it gets loaded onto the aircraft.
Clearly the one to make the dish look least appealing wins

Last edited by chuck1; Nov 8, 2021 at 11:19 am
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: UA, 1K
11/ 8 EWR-SFO dinner flight, 8:00 PM departure, business-first. Choice of Thai chicken or pasta. Thai chicken was tasty and the portion large..warmed pretzel roll, cold nuts, salad and sorbet all served at once. So far, so good...*but*, they did not have headphones in business/first!! The FA did a quick run handing out the economy earbuds and mentioned that lack of regular noise cancelling headphones is a "Newark thing".

Safe travels
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
UA2057 PHX-SFO 6:15 am departure, UA actually served "breakfast" consisting of a fruit bowl and a pretzel roll on a tray. Seemed rather an odd combination but an undeniable upgrade from the ziploc baggy. Guy next to me added a baileys to his coffee . . . breakfast of champions!
MatthewLAX, kirkwoodj and tstauck like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA2057 PHX-SFO 6:15 am departure, UA actually served "breakfast" consisting of a fruit bowl and a pretzel roll on a tray. Seemed rather an odd combination but an undeniable upgrade from the ziploc baggy. Guy next to me added a baileys to his coffee . . . breakfast of champions!
Do you have pics? If not, what was the size of the bowl, was it the Polaris side of fruit for breakfast or was it more substantial?

Also interesting for a 651mi flight, as I believe this wasn't a meal flight pre-COVID. I wonder if UA is starting to silently roll out increased catering as I believe AA is supposed to be returning to pre-COVID catering this week.

It will be interested to see what other reports we get over the next few days and to see if this is a one off.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Guy next to me added a baileys to his coffee
Based.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Lunch service LAX IAH. Inflight service was very attentive and friendly, proactive announcement about one alcoholic drink per service but didn’t seem to apply to First Class. Choice of chicken or polenta (shown below). Neighbor had chicken which was the size of a McDonald’s chicken McNugget and gone in one bite.

Polenta had what I thought was a nice spicy kick but that turned out to be a massive amount of sodium that was causing the slight burn on my tongue. At least I’m disinfected from the inside out.

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by N104UA
Do you have pics? If not, what was the size of the bowl, was it the Polaris side of fruit for breakfast or was it more substantial?

Also interesting for a 651mi flight, as I believe this wasn't a meal flight pre-COVID. I wonder if UA is starting to silently roll out increased catering as I believe AA is supposed to be returning to pre-COVID catering this week.

It will be interested to see what other reports we get over the next few days and to see if this is a one off.
It was side-bowl sized.

This has never been a meal route to my knowledge. I was shocked to see the trays.
N104UA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.