Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
SFO-IAD is not a premium transcon/Hawaii route. No amenity kits. Standard domestic first meals. No pillows and blankets either
Interesting that DCA to SFO on a 737 got an amenity kit but IAD to SFO on a 787...did not. Seems backwards.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExCrew
Interesting that DCA to SFO on a 737 got an amenity kit but IAD to SFO on a 787...did not. Seems backwards.
The DCA-SFO amenity kit was a fluke. Lucky you!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:03 pm

ORD to DEN

Well after a 5 hour delay due to mechanical issues we got a new plane. So instead of breakfast we had lunch in first. The choice was chicken with Latin rice or ragu (?) with vegetables. I chose the chicken. It was actually quite tasty albeit a tad spicy (had some kick to it). The fruit was meh. Mostly hard and crunchy. Lemon bites were good

Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ExCrew
Neither routes are provisioned with kits so not backwards.

Did everyone in F get one on DCA to SFO? Sometimes the passenger before you might have left it behind.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Man, some of these dinner photos: I'm pretty sure I've puked in a toilet while drunk and they've looked more appetizing lol
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
Man, some of these dinner photos: I'm pretty sure I've puked in a toilet while drunk and they've looked more appetizing lol
Word.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hurnik
Well after a 5 hour delay due to mechanical issues we got a new plane. So instead of breakfast we had lunch in first. The choice was chicken with Latin rice or ragu (?) with vegetables. I chose the chicken. It was actually quite tasty albeit a tad spicy (had some kick to it). The fruit was meh. Mostly hard and crunchy. Lemon bites were good

I had a good chuckle today on IAH-SFO … the Galley FA was enthusiastically using the ice mallet to break up the ice in the bag, and the Purser told us not to be alarmed … she was tenderizing the chicken.
hurnik and MarkyMarc like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by greenpau
I had a good chuckle today on IAH-SFO … the Galley FA was enthusiastically using the ice mallet to break up the ice in the bag, and the Purser told us not to be alarmed … she was tenderizing the chicken.
LOL, OMG. Well take a trip over to the Delta forum where there's a highly contested debate as to whether call their mid-con F product should be called a "Happy" or "Sad" Boxed meal. I recently suggested we should meet somewhere in the middle and call it a "Nice Box" lol.

I don't think it's restricted necessarily to airlines, but based on my current roommates and cooking skills, everyone during COVID-19 is just regardless doing a lousy job of preparing food, IMHO. That's why I'm very pro-Uber Eats.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
UA 1559 DEN to LAX

PDB offered along with the choice of chicken or Italian Ragu. Dessert was served warmed up and plated.

so glad that weird bean salad has been replaced with fruit.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a
PDB offered along with the choice of chicken or Italian Ragu. Dessert was served warmed up and plated.

so glad that weird bean salad has been replaced with fruit.
Outta DEN, no less!

David
MatthewLAX and hurnik like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SFO-EWR breakfast. Choice was French toast or egg whites and sausage. Pre-arrival was choice of meat and cheese plate, hummus plate or tabouleh plate.

Stacy was my main FA and very good. Staff was attentive.
Carfield likes this.

Last edited by CApreppie; Nov 25, 2021 at 5:42 am
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SJU-EWR dinner. Plane was delayed so dinner at 4am PR time. Half the F cabin partook. Choice was chicken or cannelloni. Sauce helped give the unseasoned chicken some taste. I ignored the bread. Came with no butter or spread.

Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
LOL, OMG. Well take a trip over to the Delta forum where there's a highly contested debate as to whether call their mid-con F product should be called a "Happy" or "Sad" Boxed meal. I recently suggested we should meet somewhere in the middle and call it a "Nice Box" lol.
Serve them up to gamers as "Ecch-Box".

David
hurnik and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

Forgot this. I bought 10 boxes to use my AMEX airline credit before the end of the year.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seat38a
Forgot this. I bought 10 boxes to use my AMEX airline credit before the end of the year.
Excellent idea, especially since they have a shelf life of 50 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.