Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Why did you not insist on your first choice as a 1K? I highly doubt everyone else in the cabin was a 1K or GS
Didn't want to make a fuss although I probably could have gotten some token ETC or miles thrown my way. They asked for orders and served each person front to back so I was the last person to order and the last person to be served.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
I flew on UAL2614 yesterday. PDB in plastic cups were offered. I had the bubbly. Primary meal choices were a chicken breast with polenta and a ravioli. My sis had the chicken while I picked the ravioli. They were both meh, especially in comparison to the Thai noodle that was served on the inbound leg of our trip (pictured below.) The original Chicago cheesecake (the one with the red wrapper) tasted better to me than the chocolate chip one with the green wrapper (pictured below.) Pre-arrival snacks for both trips were either a cheese and sliced meats plate or a fruit and hummus plate. The hummus was great.

One strange bit of behavior on both flights: there was always someone sitting on one of our seats upon boarding. They'd sit and screw around, then when you tell them they're sitting in your seat, they'd take the bottled water and go back to their assigned seat in a huff. It's not like I'm sitting on any of the "preferred" seats either, as my sis and I were on the couples seats. wth is that?

Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cerberus435
One strange bit of behavior on both flights: there was always someone sitting on one of our seats upon boarding. They'd sit and screw around, then when you tell them they're sitting in your seat, they'd take the bottled water and go back to their assigned seat in a huff. It's not like I'm sitting on any of the "preferred" seats either, as my sis and I were on the couples seats. wth is that?
They took the water bottle from your seat when they moved back to their own seat? How bizarre!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
As always, one must judge among the choices available. I found the pre-pandemic katsu to be often better than the other choices, although I haven't seen it in the last 18 months - hopefully it hasn't deteriorated that much...
It was available OGG-SFO when I flew last Thursday (redeye). I was the only elite on the plane from what I saw of the upgrade list. CPU'ed to 1F at T-48h, I was rather surprised. Couple nonrevs got the other seats.

It was ... edible. I'll just leave it at that.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by gcashin
After a tapas snack box for breakfast in YYC-DEN, I was hoping the lunch coded flight on DEN-IAH would have something that wasn’t in a box or plastic package. Unfortunately not. Seems like a miss from catering, but the “lunch” was a packaged cheese tray, and the oddest part was a box of raisins as a side where the salad would normally be. It felt like someone switched out a lunch kit from a kindergarten school cafeteria.

“Lunch” on DEN-IAH
Of note is that this is the same "cheese plate" offered on Frontier yesterday from PHX-CLE. Perhaps UA catering out of DEN is grabbing Frontier's snack carts.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Orzo pasta or Chicken Katsu on tonight’s HNL-LAX flight. As it’s 10:45pm declined.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Joshua
Of note is that this is the same "cheese plate" offered on Frontier yesterday from PHX-CLE. Perhaps UA catering out of DEN is grabbing Frontier's snack carts.
Looks like they grabbed it from UC
Dyce, gcashin and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Joshua
Fun Fact, unless it has changed, UA catering supports F9's onboard product. This was true a few years ago during a tour of the Chelsea Catering facility in Denver where there were dedicated cages with product for F9 shown to us.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-MIA-IAH 12-14 Dec

Both evening snack flights. PDB offered on IAH-MIA but not on the return. Return was happily mis-catered for breakfast (despite 645 pm departure) so took the egg croissant over a repeat of the tomato mozzarella on the outbound. Excellent FA on MIA-IAH, worked the cabin the whole two hours and had a great sense of humor.

Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
One person who likes the katsu - my friend thought it was awful recently and the consensus on here agrees.
I've seen more than one person here saying they liked it -- including myself (and I've eaten my share of both pork and chicken katsu). The only complaint I had was that the first time it appeared they reheated it with the foil tightly wrapped to the platter so everything got soggy. My other experiences were not soggy. In fact, your report is the only one I've seen that was negative so I don't know what you're basing "consensus" on.
cesco.g and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Polytonic
It was available OGG-SFO when I flew last Thursday (redeye). I was the only elite on the plane from what I saw of the upgrade list. CPU'ed to 1F at T-48h, I was rather surprised. Couple nonrevs got the other seats.

It was ... edible. I'll just leave it at that.
Defnitely different looking than pre-pandemic.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I've seen more than one person here saying they liked it -- including myself (and I've eaten my share of both pork and chicken katsu). The only complaint I had was that the first time it appeared they reheated it with the foil tightly wrapped to the platter so everything got soggy. My other experiences were not soggy. In fact, your report is the only one I've seen that was negative so I don't know what you're basing "consensus" on.
Bon appetit.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I had the chicken katsu coming from HNL and it was really good. I didn't put the sauce over it. Was reasonably crispy and tasty
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
I had the chicken katsu coming from HNL and it was really good. I didn't put the sauce over it. Was reasonably crispy and tasty
I had it in November and found quite good upon refining it with some tabasco and a dash of soy sauce over the rice.
United747 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
I've had it on HNL-SFO and also thought it was pretty good. I had some reservations when ordering since the last time I recall having it was as a pre-arrival meal into NRT and it came out very soggy then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.