Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Great, the heart attack sandwiches, I was really hoping I these would leave the circulation for the sake of every United "up front" flyer
I almost threw up just by looking at those pictures. Bad memories from my horrific experience and bodily reactions earlier this year.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Overnight SFO-EWR (777-300ER service), the cabin was offered "ravioli". Both of us decided to immediately go to sleep and missed out on the meal.

I did place Special Meal orders for "Hindu" and "Asian Vegetarian", but I suspect that was just a glitch on .bomb/the app.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshua
Overnight SFO-EWR (777-300ER service), the cabin was offered "ravioli". Both of us decided to immediately go to sleep and missed out on the meal..
The redeye is a cheese ravioli with salad, roll and (really good) cookie.

On EWR-SFO we received butternut squash ravioli, salad, cookie, roll, and a fruit sorbet in a glass cup.

Other than lack of fresh bread basket, I have zero complaints - these are perfectly reasonable (quantity and quality).

On some of the other routes thoughYikes

And yes special meals and pre-order must be put in place ASAP
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by Joshua
Overnight SFO-EWR (777-300ER service), the cabin was offered "ravioli". Both of us decided to immediately go to sleep and missed out on the meal.

I did place Special Meal orders for "Hindu" and "Asian Vegetarian", but I suspect that was just a glitch on .bomb/the app.
I had the same flight a few days ago - was the best I've had since covid. The ravioli was like a 3 cheese, and it was absolutely delicious. Probably heart attack worthy, but delivious. Fresh fruit, salad, warm dessert. Was good.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
FLL-IAD Morning Flight

Offered 2 different types of sandwich. I think the other option was a cheese heart attack sandwich. The breakfast croissant wasnt terrible with canadian bacon and egg. Too bad they didnt warm it up enough and the center of it was still ice cold.
Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Exact same last night PHX-EWR.
I am absolutely sick of that southwest chicken dish. Why does it have to be served on every non-transcon segment lunch/dinner service, all directions?! Sometimes Im served two in a day, based on routing.

As for the return of the Dole cup Id rather we just get a salad instead of any fruit, packaged or fresh, for lunch/dinner.
tcdtcd and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
oof, had a big fail on SEA-ORD tonight. PDB? They had the bottle out, but left it corked, didn’t offer water. Whatever. Same choices in meals. But when served there was no roll, and no cookie. We did get the butter. To add insult to injury, about a half hour after service the smell of warm pretzel rolls and chocolate cookies wafted through the cabin. I’m all but certain that the crew ate them. There was no need to do this, they could have just had any of the left over meals, my husband and I were literally the only two that ate (and the only reason we did we were rushing around getting ready for the airport and I didn’t have time to make dinner. We did get glassware though, so I guess that’s a bonus.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

On EWR-SFO we received butternut squash ravioli, salad, cookie, roll, and a fruit sorbet in a glass cup.

Other than lack of fresh bread basket, I have zero complaints - these are perfectly reasonable (quantity and quality).
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I had the same flight a few days ago - was the best I've had since covid. The ravioli was like a 3 cheese, and it was absolutely delicious. Probably heart attack worthy, but delivious. Fresh fruit, salad, warm dessert. Was good.
Flew EWR-SFO earlier in the week and also had the squash ravioli. I found it tasty and the complete offering would be appropriate for a regular transcon dinner flight.

However, there was nothing premium about the meal.

Premium transcon should receive an international style meal service with decent bottles of wine, 3 or 4 main course selections with some that aren't rice or pasta, and the ability to preorder.

Access to a decent lounge would also make the product more competitive with DL and AA. The UC really blows in comparison.
​​​​
tcdtcd and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by work2fly
Access to a decent lounge would also make the product more competitive with DL and AA. The UC really blows in comparison.
​​​​
United Club in the COVID era has been much better than Admirals Club, which is what you will get when flying out of either LAX (until Flagship Lounge re-opens) and SFO.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
United Club in the COVID era has been much better than Admirals Club, which is what you will get when flying out of either LAX (until Flagship Lounge re-opens) and SFO.
Having visited the SFO UC on Monday night and seeing the gas station sandwiches and little cups of canned three bean salad, I will respectfully disagree.

All that was missing was the hot dog roller, canned chili dispenser, and some reconstituted chopped onions to complete the 7-11 spread.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Having visited the SFO UC on Monday night and seeing the gas station sandwiches and little cups of canned three bean salad, I will respectfully disagree.

All that was missing was the hot dog roller, canned chili dispenser, and some reconstituted chopped onions to complete the 7-11 spread.
Spread at the SFO AC is no better (staff is nicer though), while the SC blows both away.

Obviously a completely different scenario at the NYC end, with JFK FL now open.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
However, there was nothing premium about the meal.

Premium transcon should receive an international style meal service with decent bottles of wine, 3 or 4 main course selections with some that aren't rice or pasta, and the ability to preorder.
​​​​
I agree - AA has brought back meal choices, menus, pre-order, hot towels, international wines, nuts in ramekins, and ice cream service on premium transcons. UAs offering is so far from this right now - even on international Polaris. Plastic nut ramekins. Disinfecting wipes. Domestic $5 retail wines. Now the sorbet is gone as well due to dry ice shortages.

I think weve forgotten how far UA has slid on the catering front.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:55 am

And as a comparison, what is offered at Admirals Club?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by greenpau
I agree - AA has brought back meal choices, menus, pre-order, hot towels, international wines, nuts in ramekins, and ice cream service on premium transcons. UAs offering is so far from this right now - even on international Polaris. Plastic nut ramekins. Disinfecting wipes. Domestic $5 retail wines. Now the sorbet is gone as well due to dry ice shortages.

I think weve forgotten how far UA has slid on the catering front.
And the snack baskets have disappeared. Not sure what they can blame that on, other than cost cutting.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
And the snack baskets have disappeared. Not sure what they can blame that on, other than cost cutting.
There was nothing but a single drink service offered on PHX-SFO Friday evening. No Biscoff, no Stroopwaffel, no pretzels, no snacks of any kind.

It's like they're experimenting to see how much they can cut before it impacts revenue.
Warriorconcept likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.