Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can see the wiki, but does anyone have any experience with something like FRA-EWR in LH F followed by EWR-SFO in UA J? ....
That is an ineligible flight combination for Polaris lounge admission. The agents are quite strict.

It is eligible for UC admission and the LH lounge (but the latter is a bit inconvenient except in a long layover)
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That is an ineligible flight combination for Polaris lounge admission. The agents are quite strict.

It is eligible for UC admission and the LH lounge (but the latter is a bit inconvenient except in a long layover)
I don't visit EWR much (and it's usually from Canada or domestically, so I almost never clear immigration), so I assumed I'd be near the LH lounge after arriving off an LH flight.

The layover is quite long, and given the email we received about SFO wildfires and rebookings, we are going to attempt to shorten it. But as it stands, a UC would be insufficient.

We may head the United territory to attempt to rebook, and then check out some lounges.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I don't visit EWR much (and it's usually from Canada or domestically, so I almost never clear immigration), so I assumed I'd be near the LH lounge after arriving off an LH flight. ...
yes but you will be outside of security or Term B - the physical distance (with Airtrain) and there is a shuttle -- details in this wiki
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounge-ewr.html
The lounge is OK and has limited afternoon hours, just Senator & Business, not F lounge
Other info for EWR
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ional-ewr.html

The layover is quite long, and given the email we received about SFO wildfires and rebookings, we are going to attempt to shorten it. But as it stands, a UC would be insufficient. ...
If on a UA 016 ticket, SDC will be an option. Does appear there is a waiver for the 24th -- the fire smoke and fog does not appear to be any different today than the past few days.
There is a FAA travel warning
Due to WEATHER / LOW CEILINGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (SFO). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 2 hours and 14 minutes.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:45 pm

We are in the lounge now. We didn’t bother with the dining room because we didn’t feel like sitting all day waiting for food. We sat at the bar and got drinks and brought food from the buffet. The food was decent though the bread was STALE. I guess no one makes fresh bread on Labor Day. Also the drinks at the bar are excellent but there is no champagne. Again. I think they just put it on the menu so people can ask for it and be told they are out of it. Up your game United!

Tom the bartender is great and makes a great drink!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by o2bmmw
Also the drinks at the bar are excellent but there is no champagne. Again. I think they just put it on the menu so people can ask for it and be told they are out of it. Up your game United!

Tom the bartender is great and makes a great drink!
Out of Champagne? Is it a one day problem? Never heard of something like that happening at the ORD PL. The only problem we had is when they decided to enhance the Veuve Clicquot.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
I received an invite to Classified but am on an early EWR -LHR flight (8:30) and am thinking the Lounge might be enough. It's just breakfast. Is the buffet OK or should I try for the menu service? The last I read, the service wasn't great? Is that still true? Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I received an invite to Classified but am on an early EWR -LHR flight (8:30) and am thinking the Lounge might be enough. It's just breakfast. Is the buffet OK or should I try for the menu service? The last I read, the service wasn't great? Is that still true? Thanks!
Assuming you're booked in J, then I'd just stay in the lounge. Buffet will be standard american continental breakfast. Al-la-carte will be traditional american breakfast dishes as usual. Classified is overpriced. The only benefit I could see of Classified vs PL is a potential "smoothie courtesy of the chef" and box of chocolates.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by erickliu
Assuming you're booked in J, then I'd just stay in the lounge. Buffet will be standard american continental breakfast. Al-la-carte will be traditional american breakfast dishes as usual. Classified is overpriced. The only benefit I could see of Classified vs PL is a potential "smoothie courtesy of the chef" and box of chocolates.
Don't they have a duck eggs benedict thing on the menu? That sounded interesting to me when I am there in a few weeks.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I've taken the 8:30a LHR flight. The Polaris lounge is blissfully uncrowded at that time. No problem in waving over service if not fast enough for one's liking. Food comes out pretty quickly once ordered. I wouldn't bother w/ Classified.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:58 pm

My first visit will be at 8am next Friday. Menu recommendations? Breakfast cocktails? What else do I need to know to get the most out of my visit?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AC E50, UA 1K 108,678 miles 2014
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Don't they have a duck eggs benedict thing on the menu? That sounded interesting to me when I am there in a few weeks.
They do. And in my opinion it’s excellent!!
I really enjoyed it and the service was great during my only visit there on September 7. I arrived around 8:30 am and there wasn’t a lot of traffic in the lounge nor many seated in the dining area.

I found the service very friendly and efficient, and I also had a couple of drinks at the bar after breakfast, which were also quite good.

Im looking forward to my visit again in a few weeks!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Flying out of EWR this weekend on LH in Business. (Oktoberfest !)
Am I correct in assuming best course of action is to clear security in C terminal and use Polaris Lounge, then hop on the bus to get over to B for the flight?

Semi-related note: Does LH participate in pre-check yet?

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Flying out of EWR this weekend on LH in Business. (Oktoberfest !)
Am I correct in assuming best course of action is to clear security in C terminal and use Polaris Lounge, then hop on the bus to get over to B for the flight?

Semi-related note: Does LH participate in pre-check yet?

Cheers.
Yes.

Yes.

Prost!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:18 am

Impressive

My first visit to the EWR Polaris Lounge. Blissfully quiet in the AM with limited Asia flights. The thing that really struck me is that the staff is VERY friendly, in a genuine way. When I asked for the "drink with the gin and grapefruit", everybody jumped in. Turns out it is a staff favorite (I can taste why).

Eggs benedict with smoked duck (AKA duck bacon)

Latkes; tasty but a bit overdone

Cloud Cover; Aviation Gin with Pamplemousee grapefruit liquor - a must have

Peaceful times
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by elitefreak
My first visit will be at 8am next Friday. Menu recommendations? Breakfast cocktails? What else do I need to know to get the most out of my visit?

Thanks!
If you're still lingering around in the afternoon, I'd recommend the pizza, it tastes amazing and comes with cured meats. Depending on who makes it, it could be overly salty so my cautious.
As for breakfast, id just go for the Benedict, nothing special there in the AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.