Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 5:00a - 10:30p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
…, provided you have a valid boarding pass for a departing flight.
So that is my concern…. On arrival I will only have my same day, arrival flight, boarding pass. Given my flight will arrive in B, I will need to get to C for PL access…..So they won’t allow me access to C with a same day boarding pass (albeit an arrival flight from B) strictly for arrival lounge access purposes ? (Unrelated but my “connection” is not same day nor on same ticket so completely separate from this)

And, if I cannot gain access into C terminal is there any other *A lounge I can access on arrival within B?

Thanks again!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Shoredreamer (Post # 822)
I just found it…in above wiki no less 🙄☺️so it seems access is allowed in this my scenario but still just wondering if anyone has the experience &/or has had any issues with accessing terminal C on a B arrival without a same day connection/boarding pass? [Emphasis added.]
Originally Posted by Shoredreamer (Post # 824)
I was specifically asking about access on arrival (same day UA metal which I now realize is mentioned above as allowed) but with my needing to go from B to C (with just the same day arrival flight boarding pass) if that will present any issues. [Emphasis added.]
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin (Post # 825)
Yes, it is allowed. TSA won't mind that you are going in the "wrong" terminal, provided you have a valid boarding pass for a departing flight. [Emphasis added.]
Unfortunately, the original poster (OP) does not have a same-day-departure boarding pass. Hence, once clearing immigration upon international arrival on UA Polaris, the OP will have no basis to gain airside access past the TSA. Sorry. A connecting flight tomorrow will not get one through TSA screening today, sadly.

Depending on the time of the next day flight, Polaris Lounge admission at that time (tomorrow) may be possible.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Apr 8, 2024 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:26 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Unfortunately, the original poster (OP) does not have a same-day-departure boarding pass. Hence, once clearing immigration upon arrival, the OP will have no basis to gain access airside past th TSA. Sorry.
yes ok that was exactly my concern. So following entry I’ll be landside and unable to return to airside same day. So basically speaking then, anyone flying into EWR without a same day connection really has no arrival PL benefit or any lounge access for that matter, regardless of whether they are considered eligible ie. Arriving on UA metal in Polaris etc
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Shoredreamer
yes ok that was exactly my concern. So following entry I’ll be landside and unable to return to airside same day. So basically speaking then, anyone flying into EWR without a same day connection really has no arrival PL benefit or any lounge access for that matter, regardless of whether they are considered eligible ie. Arriving on UA metal in Polaris etc
That is incorrect.

Arriving in Polaris, overnighting at a hotel, then returning to the airport the next morning to continue onward on the same ticket, I had access to the Polaris Lounge.
So there is an arrival benefit, just delayed to the next day.

Access to a lounge due to airside/landside is a different issue than eligibility for entry into a lounge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by goodeats21
That is incorrect.

Arriving in Polaris, overnighting at a hotel, then returning to the airport the next morning to continue onward on the same ticket, I had access to the Polaris Lounge.

Access to a lounge due to airside/landside is a different issue than eligibility for entry into a lounge.
Note the following day flight is a separate ticket (Post #821). I don't know if this complicates things.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
Note the following day flight is a separate ticket (Post #821). I don't know if this complicates things.
Agreed, and yes, I don't think access would be available next day when on a separate ticket.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Interesting (but good) that UA considers this "same day".
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:11 pm

I'm here right now. They have Lanson, just ask for it.
...and they still have premium spirits (Macallan 12, Talisker 10, Dalwhinnie 15, Lagavulin 8, Great Jones bourbon from NY etc.). Just walk down the bar area when you enter the lounge.

Last edited by omxfl; Apr 11, 2024 at 1:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by omxfl
I'm here right now. They have Lanson, just ask for it.
...and they still have premium spirits (Macallan 12, Talisker 10, Dalwhinnie 15, Lagavulin 8, Great Jones bourbon from NY etc.). Just walk down the bar area when you enter the lounge.
The Lanson Black Label is NV. A friend of mine just ordered me a six pack and it’s $22 a bottle direct from the distributor here in California. I assume UA is obtaining more favorable pricing. The QPR is quite nice. I’m a fan. Especially at a lounge… Enjoy!
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I am flying CDG-EWR in Polaris and then connecting on AS to SEA (all in the same day). I understand I have access to Polaris lounge upon arrival, but how does it all work if I end up having checked bags -- upon arrival do I have to:
  1. exit security
  2. claim my bags at whichever terminal I arrive at
  3. go to another terminal (looks like Terminal B) to check them with Alaska
  4. then go back to the Polaris terminal (Terminal C?)
  5. go through security there (can I even do that with an AS boarding pass?)
  6. and then at the end of it all, it appears there is a shuttle I can take back to the AS gates when it's time to go?
If this is all correct, is there a way to go through security once in the AS terminal after checking bags at step 3 above and get back to Polaris lounge somehow without leaving security? In other words, does the shuttle referenced in step 6 go both ways between Polaris terminal C and AS terminal B? It appears none of the terminals are connected airside so there definitely seem to be some hoops to jump through here
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
If this is all correct, is there a way to go through security once in the AS terminal after checking bags at step 3 above and get back to Polaris lounge somehow without leaving security? In other words, does the shuttle referenced in step 6 go both ways between Polaris terminal C and AS terminal B? It appears none of the terminals are connected airside so there definitely seem to be some hoops to jump through here
AS does use Terminal B at EWR but they use the B1 pier, which is not served by the UA bus shuttle (The shuttle stops at B3 only). The three piers at B are not connected post-security, so you will have to clear security twice if wishing to use the PL. Generally it is not a concern to go through security at the "wrong" terminal provided you do have an valid boarding pass.
findark likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:49 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
AS does use Terminal B at EWR but they use the B1 pier, which is not served by the UA bus shuttle (The shuttle stops at B3 only). The three piers at B are not connected post-security, so you will have to clear security twice if wishing to use the PL. Generally it is not a concern to go through security at the "wrong" terminal provided you do have an valid boarding pass.
Thank you. Given everything I mentioned, is there an easier/more streamlined way to go about this or is it really as complicated as I'm thinking? Are the different terminals at least easy to walk to after exiting security or are there shuttles/trains involved to go from the different piers and such?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Thank you. Given everything I mentioned, is there an easier/more streamlined way to go about this or is it really as complicated as I'm thinking? Are the different terminals at least easy to walk to after exiting security or are there shuttles/trains involved to go from the different piers and such?
Unfortunately, I don't think it can get simpler than this, this is because of the layout of EWR and the lack of some post-security connectors. Had all gates been connected in a single, unified secure area, there would be no need to clear security twice, and you could simply proceed to your AS gate after visiting the Polaris Lounge.

To get from B to C at EWR and vice versa, use the EWR airtrain which would be a short one stop ride, or alternatively there is an outside but covered walkway to get between terminals.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:13 pm

More Seating?

Looks like an increase in seating is planned for the EWR PL.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:54 am

1830 flight to Europe, so likely through security at 1700. In-flight sleep the only priority. Is Classified still one's best bet at this hour due crowding? Midweek departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.