Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Baze
I see the cheapness that was no card for Silver has spread to Gold now.
Maybe one day soon, we will receive virtual flights, and only get physical flights on special request.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
With the digital card on the UA app.

I got into the SK CPH lounge without any UA identifying information.
If I just print the card from the UA website, would that do it? (Would it have to be printed in colour?)

I'll probably fly on South African next weekend, not enough time (judging from some of the posts above) for a physical card request.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by rberk
Maybe one day soon, we will receive virtual flights, and only get physical flights on special request.

Boeing has already spent over 11 billion on teleportation research for the last 17 years.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Received my big flashy gold envelope in Norway today with a piece of plastic inside which I couldn't care less about and shoved in the airport bin.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wow, someone is on the ball at the MP service center email desk. Just got this. It has been since pmUA that I've heard anyone thanked for being MM:
"We’re always glad to hear from one of our most loyal customers. Not many can say they've flown more than a million miles! Thanks for your reply. I’ve requested your card and it should arrive within six weeks. "
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:27 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Physical plastic card

in the past I received the plastic Mileage Plus Gold/Platinum card. I never had to use it for lounge entry. This year nothing was sent to me, is it no longer needed since the BP shows your status?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by abaheti
Wow, someone is on the ball at the MP service center email desk. Just got this. It has been since pmUA that I've heard anyone thanked for being MM:
"We’re always glad to hear from one of our most loyal customers. Not many can say they've flown more than a million miles! Thanks for your reply. I’ve requested your card and it should arrive within six weeks. "
I had the opposite experience. I just called premier desk again this morning to request my gold card to be sent for the 4th time.(the other 3 never showed)

The agent started to say something to thank me for my business and flying all those miles to requalify for gold for so many years...

then she said "your premier qualifying miles was over 50,000 miles and your qualifying dollars was $8970 for 2017.. oh wait, only $897? EIGHT NINETY SEVEN DOLLARS?"

I could almost hear her thinking "what a cheapskate"....
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:32 am

You can use your digital card in the United App to access lounges, if asked by the lounge agent, across the Star Allliance (as Star Gold). Just show your digital card + barcode to whatever lounge you're trying to get into.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

For an in-depth discussion (we have quite a good one going) head over to the 2018 Premier Kit Thread.

Essentially, Premier Silver and Gold gets a card via request only (and sometimes you really need to insist on it) while it comes with the original kit for Platinum and up.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Mrs. Transportprof got her Gold non-kit yesterday, but still no sign of my 1K kit, or card.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by geometry
I've been turned away at least 3 times at Star Alliance lounges even after showing the card on my phone.

anyway... I'm confused, some of the posts said that UA no longer issued cards for Premier Gold.. or are they just confused?
Were you turned away this year? My hope is that UA educates its partners about non issuing the cards to gold members any more, so that e-cards will be accepted.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
My experience with international travel with *Alliance carriers is that holding the physical card, especially for Gold status, is very useful. I would insist on the physical card.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly
Were you turned away this year? My hope is that UA educates its partners about non issuing the cards to gold members any more, so that e-cards will be accepted.
I am even more confused now. I have co-workers and friends who requalified for gold and received actual physical gold cards in the mail in late January, without ever asking United... but then I keep reading posts here that said United no longer issued gold cards. So did they or didn't they make a decision to not send out gold cards? If not, then why did they send the cards to some people and not others?(again, without having to request the cards)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Anyone have any trouble at IAD without the physical card this year? (LH and TK)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
Anyone have any trouble at IAD without the physical card this year? (LH and TK)
I use my 1K card at IAD to enter the Senator lounge, but only the boarding pass to enter the Turkish lounge there.
dcsnowwake likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:51 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Thanks. I am on international travel next week on LX, so not enough time to get a physical card. I do have the digital card in the United App on my phone. Hopefully, the SEN lounge in ZRH doesn't make a fuss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.