Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by dc89
Bless Tina on the 1K line who saved my boyfriend from having to meet my parents for the first time without me there... I was on EWR-DEN-GEG and he was on SFO-DEN-GEG (same DEN-GEG) and of course EWR-DEN got delayed when they changed it to a plane that was arriving -- wait for it -- an hour and a half AFTER our scheduled departure time. No notification, of course, but when I called she was able to move me to EWR-ORD-GEG and into first on ORD-GEG which will make the FOUR-hour flight on a regional jet more bearable. Of course, none of these flights have actually left the ground yet, so knock on wood, but given that my upgrades weren't going to clear on the original flights it's a sweet deal and a kind act on a stressful day!
That ORD-GEG should clear the upgrade... unless they OLCI sell those last 2 seats to kettles. If you used RPU/GPU, do not re-apply it.

I have also emailed a couple times in the last couple of weeks, and received acknowledgements and prompt replies.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:18 am

same

Noticed the same thing. I received a response within a few hours twice over the storm weekend. Fastest responses I've ever received.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The height of idiocy with the 1K call center

Called the 1K line this evening. For some reason I got transferred to the general reservation line, but was then placed back in the 1K queue. After a brief hold, I got an agent. This conversation ensued

"Hello, Premier 1K Desk, this is ____, how my I help you?"
"Hi, I'm calling on PNR XXXXXX"
"I'm sorry sir, my computer system is down, I can't help you. You need to call back and maybe you will get someone who can"
"Then why are you answering the phone if you can't help me?"
"That's our policy"
"Then put me back in queue so I can get someone who can help"
"My system is down, I can't do that. You have to call back"
"I work with call centers. This is absolutely silly"
"Yes sir. But it's our policy"

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Called the 1K line this evening. For some reason I got transferred to the general reservation line, but was then placed back in the 1K queue. After a brief hold, I got an agent. This conversation ensued

"Hello, Premier 1K Desk, this is ____, how my I help you?"
"Hi, I'm calling on PNR XXXXXX"
"I'm sorry sir, my computer system is down, I can't help you. You need to call back and maybe you will get someone who can"
"Then why are you answering the phone if you can't help me?"
"That's our policy"
"Then put me back in queue so I can get someone who can help"
"My system is down, I can't do that. You have to call back"
"I work with call centers. This is absolutely silly"
"Yes sir. But it's our policy"

Something weird is going on -- I just called the 1K line and was told that my wait time would be ~5 minutes. I can't think of the last time I didn't get someone right away (say, within 10 seconds). I'll try back tomorrow.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
E-mailed 1K Voice about a flight issue on Wednesday. Got the auto-reply, but nothing else yet. Slowest in a while for me.

Also e-mailed the MPSC on Wednesday, as due to irrops they posted a full Y segment as V (and thus w/o the 50% bonus PQM). Requested a response. Nada back yet.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by exerda
E-mailed 1K Voice about a flight issue on Wednesday. Got the auto-reply, but nothing else yet. Slowest in a while for me.

Also e-mailed the MPSC on Wednesday, as due to irrops they posted a full Y segment as V (and thus w/o the 50% bonus PQM). Requested a response. Nada back yet.
Don't forget the extra segment credit, too!

IRROPS handling seems to be going down hill at the airport with Aero. Had a paid A fare, and the agent rebooking me handed me a BP for 9E without saying anything about a DG -- I stared quizzically at the BP for a moment trying to figure out what I wanted to say and she said "we can fix the seats in a minute" -- I was like "uhhh...I was in paid first" -- after muttering an curse and an apology for not noticing and a ton of typing she got it fixed, but it seems Aero's rebooking function defaulted to the lowest available fare bucket on the flight, not the "same or next highest available in the ticketed cabin" which is my understanding of how IRROPS rebooking is supposed to happen normally
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by exerda

Have you received a response from 1K voice yet? I wrote on 1/16 and got auto-reply, sent a follow up on 1/22 or 1/23, still no response. Anyone else noticing a delay in response times? Or maybe my email just got lost in the black hole of customer care.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Have you received a response from 1K voice yet? I wrote on 1/16 and got auto-reply, sent a follow up on 1/22 or 1/23, still no response. Anyone else noticing a delay in response times? Or maybe my email just got lost in the black hole of customer care.
What was the topic? It seems like certain things (like MPSC issues/posting mileage credit/etc.) get silently redirected "to the appropriate department" and then (depending on how they were redirected?) either get handled at 1K or "mere mortal" speed.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
What was the topic? It seems like certain things (like MPSC issues/posting mileage credit/etc.) get silently redirected "to the appropriate department" and then (depending on how they were redirected?) either get handled at 1K or "mere mortal" speed.
A compliment about a ticket counter agent but also a complaint about the DEN catering and the lack of any notification (the only choice was something I could not eat). Seems fairly routine for 1K voice so I'm kind of surprised.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
With attempts on united.com to book a domestic round trip using an ETC ending in error messages, I turned to the phone. 11 (7 of them in silence, for some reason) minutes later I had a confirmation number. While waiting to "get the certificate" I received the offer of a complementary transfer to hertz reservations upon conclusion of the call.

Last edited by onthesam; Apr 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by onthesam
....While waiting to "get the certificate" I received the offer of a complementary transfer to hertz reservations upon conclusion of the call.
What is it with the upselling? If I am 1K then presumably I fly enough to know if I may need a car or a hotel. I only call in when I have issues with a reservation and most of the time you get the sales pitch at the end of the call. I politely decline bit it is annoying (to me).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I had great service from a phone agent recently - I was running very very late for an international flight from KIX on a partner with an 016 ticket. Partner on the phone said I would miss the flight and to call UA to rebook. The UA agent quickly and cheerfully found me an alternative routing and checked availability , and suggested that I try for the flight, and call back before departure time if I can't make it. (It worked out well, although I arrived at the checkin 15 minutes after cutoff supervisor for TG accepted me, and they walked me to the gate (and walked my bags too - I saw them being taken by hand on a trolley). Due to being tired and worried, I probably would have changed my booking on the spot (and eaten the delay) if he hadn't said to try anyway.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
This evening two separate experiences:

New reservation & payment with 2 ETC's & a CC
Decent Agent.
"OK Mr. Onthesam, I see you have partially used one of these ETCs so we may not be able to combine them -- let's check anyways."
(we make the reservation then he puts me on hold for 2 min to process combining the ETC's)
"All set lets apply the payment -- and here we go"
Before hanging up I asked if the agent if he ever encountered a problem combining ETCs when one was partially used. He said "no" and that he warned me about potential trouble just to be safe. Total call time 6 minutes.

All in all, a good experience.

Call 2 - waitlist for saver business
Called to waitlist a travel companion currently booked in XN.

"So you'd like to waitlist for saver business? I'll have to call a supervisor to do that"
(45 seconds of silence/typing followed by 12 minutes on hold)
"OK we're going to pull another 30,000 miles. So now I'm going to waitlist"

Though the agent seemingly didn't know what she was doing, she was pleasant. It took me 15 minutes total. Didn't HUCA and that's my fault (didn't want to HUCA while on hold - not sure what would happen to the reservation).

While I still get excellent agents from time to time, in 2018 my percentage of excellent agents has noticeably declined.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
A compliment about a ticket counter agent but also a complaint about the DEN catering and the lack of any notification (the only choice was something I could not eat). Seems fairly routine for 1K voice so I'm kind of surprised.
That catering issue is the new norm for Denver... and they usually err on the side of junky food (cold meal on a flight that would typically be a hot meal). Phone agents never know the answer about meal service... I gave up a while back trying to determine whether or not to eat before the flight or not based on a conversation with a phone agent. I eat, then board.... then politely decline whatever junk they serve.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Ignored by 1K Voice at Customer Care

My search Forum feature does not work. I have made just 2 complaints through1Kvoice in the last 6 years. Once was because I had asked to just "look at" the Presidents Club in DFW. (not a member) They were not busy, and treated me like I was wearing an AA pin! I wrote 1Kvoice and got an answer within 1 day. Sent me 6 Presidents Club passes and put 25000 miles in my acct! Also lengthy apology and that employee would be talked to.

Recently, I had a series of errors with UA on the same day. I sent an email to 1Kvoice and it has been 3 days with no response.. Are they discussing in a staff email with others, or are they just slow now in answering?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.