Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thejuj
Has anyone else called the Premier 1K line recently and ended up with regular reservations reps instead of the "real" 1K representatives? My last 2 calls were clearly NOT answered by Premier 1K representatives but they insisted "Yes, you've called the Premier 1K line."
yeah, there is a long thread about these issues with UA not recognizing phone numbers or typed-in MP numbers. The solution has been to speak clearly each letter/number ... since I am doing this I no longer have this problem.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by narvik
Although likely true, I always thought they only route the 1K calls to agents that were more knowledgeable.
Yes, 1Ks are usually routed to more experienced, US based agents. Occasionally you may get one of the overseas call centers. If I wait more than 10 seconds, I start to get annoyed
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Something that has been bugging me for ages:

When you call the 1K line, the greeting is so sophisticated that you don't have to do anything: it recognizes my Chinese cellphone number and greets me by name; it automatically proceeds to let me know that if I want to speak to a representative, I can either say "representative" or just stay on the line. EXCELLENT so far.

But it then asks whether I want to participate in a survey after the call, and gives only two options: PRESS #1 FOR "YES", OR PRESS #2 FOR "NO".
They just ruined the great automated system. I now have to press the 'Dialpad' icon on my phone to be able to input a number, even if the answer is "no". Possibly turn up the phone's brightness so I can see. Potentially have to take the thick winter gloves off again. Just annoying!
Arrggghhh....

Today -for the first time- I just waited after the press-one-for-yes-and-two-for-no message and DIDN'T press anything.

And 'hey presto'; looky here: it proceeds anyway! And all this time I've been pressing the #2 on the dialpad like an idiot, when all I had to do is wait....

The Universe is properly aligned again! ^
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
But if you press a number you don't need to listen to the whole prompt...
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
After some help changing an award ticket, the agent ended the phone call with: and thank you for being a million miler with United.
I have to say, that's a first
Very happy with that ^
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
After some help changing an award ticket, the agent ended the phone call with: and thank you for being a million miler with United.
I have to say, that's a first
Very happy with that ^
They do seem to be making an additional effort to recognize this sort of thing lately. ^
Tor Viking, NgatesSEA and narvik like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
Something that has been bugging me for ages:

When you call the 1K line, the greeting is so sophisticated that you don't have to do anything: it recognizes my Chinese cellphone number and greets me by name; it automatically proceeds to let me know that if I want to speak to a representative, I can either say "representative" or just stay on the line. EXCELLENT so far.

But it then asks whether I want to participate in a survey after the call, and gives only two options: PRESS #1 FOR "YES", OR PRESS #2 FOR "NO".
They just ruined the great automated system. I now have to press the 'Dialpad' icon on my phone to be able to input a number, even if the answer is "no". Possibly turn up the phone's brightness so I can see. Potentially have to take the thick winter gloves off again. Just annoying!
Arrggghhh....

Today -for the first time- I just waited after the press-one-for-yes-and-two-for-no message and DIDN'T press anything.

And 'hey presto'; looky here: it proceeds anyway! And all this time I've been pressing the #2 on the dialpad like an idiot, when all I had to do is wait....

The Universe is properly aligned again! ^
Yeah, I have wished there were a 'press 3 for never' option.
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fumje
Yeah, I have wished there were a 'press 3 for never' option.
Or if it was just a "If you'd like to complete a survey, please remain on the line..." rather than a call back (which appears to come from a spammy area code so I missed a few before I added it to my contacts)

The prompt and phone number confirmation is so slow that it discourages me -- usually when calling I'm already irritated and in a hurry (e.g. something is wrong with flights I'm expecting to take within the next couple hours) so the roadblock just irritates me more and I mash 2 to get done with it -- even though those are the types of calls where I'd most like to provide positive feedback.

For comparison, although I swore I'd never fly Delta again in August of 2003, my wife and mother-in-law are flying DL this weekend (on a different relative's SkyMiles reward) -- MIL requires a wheelchair and they have a 6am flight out of CLE and wife wasn't sure what time they should get there/what time the counter opened. Called DL, agent added the WHCR to the PNR, confirmed ticket counter hours, and then immediately after she thanked me for calling got a "Would you hire this person if you owned a customer service company?" 1-5 scale.

Nice, fast, unobtrusive.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone been having longer than usual wait times when trying to reach the 1K Desk/Premier Line?

Over the weekend, I didn't have much of a wait, but I felt like my calls were being answered by someone in Manila (which has never been my experience since I've been a premier).

Today, the automated voice said my expected wait time would be around 10 minutes. Maybe it's inclement weather or something?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
No issues here late last week. Quick response times. Likely the Chicago area weather (and several other cities affected). Look at the flight status this morning from LGA-ORD, for example - diversions/delays/cancellations.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Has anyone been having longer than usual wait times when trying to reach the 1K Desk/Premier Line?

Over the weekend, I didn't have much of a wait, but I felt like my calls were being answered by someone in Manila (which has never been my experience since I've been a premier).

Today, the automated voice said my expected wait time would be around 10 minutes. Maybe it's inclement weather or something?
Did the robot recognize you "e.g. Welcome back Lincoln..."? If not you may have gotten dumped in the normal queue (make sure you're calling from a number where the Caller ID is associated with your MP account)

If it did it's most likely inclement weather -- only time I've gotten a "your estimated wait time" recordings are when something high-impact is going down... heck even when I get the "heavier than usual call volume" recording it's usually less than 30 seconds (and frequently in the middle of the recording) that an agent is on the line. I get Manila all the time when calling .com support (always because a MP award ticket failed to go through for some reason), but think I've gotten some fairly thick US accents from time to time on 1K
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone else notice a decline in 1kvoice responsiveness? My emails used to be regularly answered within 24 hours. Now it's taking up to 5 days, and often I have to send reminders to get anything done.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone else notice a decline in 1kvoice responsiveness? My emails used to be regularly answered within 24 hours. Now it's taking up to 5 days, and often I have to send reminders to get anything done.
< 12 hours for me.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Absolutely. Multiple days to get a response. The answers aren't accurate either on a few recent inquiries of mine.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cfischer
< 12 hours for me.
Me too (8am CST next business day), although it wasn't the response I wanted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.