Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by random.parts
I was wondering if it went into the same pool but I did not even get an autoreply, so thought maybe it was different. Checked and double checked that I sent to the correct email spelling etc, and used the mailto link from the app so it auto populated.

Not sure if I should send again - one of the issues involved them having the wrong information about entry documents (needing to be printed-they did not) that almost got me denied boarding - the posted government requirements only required a QR code confirmation and neither the connecting station or final needed printed documents (I used the digital)

Anyway, dont know how much it would change things to let them know that their document check paper is wrong. I think most others would have taken a seat as the gate agent asked and missed the flight instead of running back through the terminal to beg a Centurion lounge agent to print the document as they started the boarding process.
I suppose if no auto-reply, no harm in re-sending. I think I pretty much always get the autoreply within a minute or so.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I needed to call as UA had a schedule change that resulted in a 5 hour layover (vs the original 1 hour layover). I tried to fix it on the app but they wanted to charge me the fare difference and then after I reversed out of the reservation suddenly I had "approved" the change. I was probably on hold for a couple of minutes, not enough for me to think there was a long queue. The CS rep got it all sorted as I explained the two options I was happy with and she said choose so I did. Experienced rep and did not think much of it until she told me the previous customer had been on hold for 65 minutes before reaching her. I expressed surprise as my wait was so short and she said the advantage of being 1K. So there was no reason for the CS rep to tell me that if it were not true and I realized a few things:

1. Very grateful that the UA system puts 1K folks at the front of the line for the calls;
2. The CS reps deal with all callers and there is no 1K dedicated CS rep team;
3. Why is the app so hard to use after a schedule change.

Kudos to United - great CS rep and I answered the survey when they called back to that effect.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
What is “stand in” 1K agent?

I called 1K line to waitlist for IN space. The agent told me that she is just “stand in.” Apparently, she was not a normal agent. After I gave the confirmation number, she did not verify the traveler’s name and DOB. Before that, she did not acknowledge my 1K 3MM status. Before she called help desk, she did not deduct the miles and thought that she already did the waitlist. I reminded her about the miles deduction for IN and she realized that she needed some help. Later, she did not get my MP number right, either, which was used to deduct miles. Anyway, it only took 47 min, which was six min shorter than another call for a schedule change. The second agent was good, but rate desk agent had troubles to change my ticket.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:59 am

Long waiting time

I used Skype to call 1K line from
South America. The initial forecasted waiting time was ten minutes. Actually, I am at 41 min now and nobody has answered me yet.

Edit: Finally answered at 1 hours; took less than five minutes to fix a schedule change (cancelled segment).

Last edited by Kmxu; Jan 2, 2022 at 8:35 am
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
After I gave the confirmation number, she did not verify the traveler’s name and DOB. Before that, she did not acknowledge my 1K 3MM status.
Agents are generally spotty about confirming DOB it seems. Maybe it's because I start all of my calls with "Hi, my name is Lincoln. How are you doing today?" but maybe 50% of the time the DOB and surname are verified. Occasionally I'll have an agent verify multiple times so I guess it all evens out...

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I used Skype to call 1K line from
South America. The initial forecasted waiting time was ten minutes. Actually, I am at 41 min now and nobody has answered me yet.

Edit: Finally answered at 1 hours; took less than five minutes to fix a schedule change (cancelled segment).
It seems like if you call from a number that's not associated with your profile your call is shuffled to a non-1K-queue (or perhaps a lower priority 1K queue). I've called from my cell phone internationally with 0 or near-0 waits but when using corporate VoIP from my laptop (where the caller ID shows up as the main number for our HQ) calling the same number always results in a hold of some period of time -- usually at least 10 minutes. (I've since found out that the Verizon corporate plan associated with my phone has no international roaming charges so I've stopped trying to 'save money' when INTL)
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There has been a recent across the board increase in phone wait times for the past week, for now please follow that issue in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rformance.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:21 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
1KVoice. Does it still work?

Sent a note last week.... nothing, not even an auto reply acknowledging they received the email.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I used it in February. Bit slower then usual, but still worked.

Wouldn't surprise me if it has been degraded though.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I received a substantive response within 48 hours last week.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Still works just slower. Sometimes I get the auto reply, sometimes no. If its been a week, I'd contact again using 1kvoice or go via the web
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:54 pm

No reply 36 hours and counting.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had emails just get no response ever (wound up calling after a couple of days). I have also had emails get two responses, seemingly unaware of each other. 🤷‍♀️
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
They responded to me last month....pretty quickly. If i don't get the bounce back email right away...i write again...
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by dshafiee
Sent a note last week.... nothing, not even an auto reply acknowledging they received the email.
I got no responses from 1K Voices for 2-3 weeks, even with a follow up. I had to try Customer Care and the issues were eventually resolved in about four weeks. I initially sent an email in early February. It was very unusual.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Ambassador
Does anyone work in 1K Customer Care anymore?

Wondering if anyone has been having issues with the 1kvoice folks actually responding to emails? I've sent 3 emails over the last 2+ weeks without a single response. That group used to be pretty responsive (within 24 hours) but no more. Anyone else having this issue? For someone who spends $25k a year on this airline I expect at least a little bit of courtesy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.