Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Topher22R4L
Does anyone work in 1K Customer Care anymore?
Uh, no.

David
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Ambassador
oh good! i'm 30% there!
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I received a prompt response recently (following a "no response" on a different issue). It seems very hit or miss, both in terms of response timing and quality. Certainly a big drop off from a few years ago, when 1kvoice provided generally excellent service.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I received a prompt response recently (following a "no response" on a different issue). It seems very hit or miss, both in terms of response timing and quality. Certainly a big drop off from a few years ago, when 1kvoice provided generally excellent service.
My most recent email was on 9/26, and other than the autoreply, nada yet. Come 10/26 (since they say "some issues may take up to 30 days to address" or something similar), they're getting a follow-up.

In the past, I was near-100% at getting an actual response within 48 hours.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:37 am

I currently have 3 emails in to 1K Voice: The 9/26 one, which I sent a follow-up to yesterday (requesting a replacement baggage handle, if available, which it seems like they are again), and one on a future flight credit I've never received (with e-receipts showing the transaction history, although I'm sure they can look those up as well).

I'm a bit disappointed that for all 3 all I've received is the auto-reply. Even if the answer to one of the questions is a simple "no," they should be able to respond.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I received a prompt apology for my recent email to 1kvoice about their very poor inflight product.
Originally Posted by exerda
one on a future flight credit I've never received (with e-receipts showing the transaction history, although I'm sure they can look those up as well).
I wouldn't be surprised if they palm that one off to another department. You may be better off calling reservations.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I received a prompt apology for my recent email to 1kvoice about their very poor inflight product.

I wouldn't be surprised if they palm that one off to another department. You may be better off calling reservations.
I just got replies to two of the three.
Both were nonsense automated replies, stating the because my issue concerns a current or future flight to check United.com and then saying the email box isn't monitored and to call if I have more questions.

Horrid service, given none of the three were about current or future flights (only one even pertained to a past flight!) and they essentially say not to email back. Yes, I'll call tomorrow, but sheesh. Pulling the keyword "future flight" from "future flight credit" and never having a human even see the email is an example of very poor customer interaction.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: 100000 mile flyer
Kudos to United Agent @ 1K desk

I wanted to express my appreciation to Joyce L. at the 1K desk today for going above the call of duty for fixing my reservation.
Original booking was LAX-TPE-BKK-MAA in J on BR/BR/TG ticketed in I/I/I March 2022.
Last week BR cancels BR211 and does not re-book or protect me, stranding me in TPE.
Earlier today the UA agent was able to FORCE book a TG flight TPE - BKK in I, and honor the other 2 segments. BUT my 12 hr BKK layover now became 8 hr layover in TPE.
He suggested I call back later when BR offices opened and made a note to file requesting the morning TPE-BKK flight.
So, I call this evening and Joyce L. picks up the phone, and immediately understands what I am trying to do.
Standby, she says, I'll get the supervisor to call BR and puts me on hold.
20 minutes later, she informs me that she has BAD NEWS. The SUP tried to book me on a married segment LAX-TPE-BKK and in the process, lost my original LAX-BKK reservation!!!!!
Before I could have a heart attack (BR is almost impossible to get in I), she assured me that she would take care of it and that she, too, was aghast at what the SUP did.
Within minutes, she advised me that she was booking me LAX TPE in C class as a revenue seat, and would let accounting sort it out with BR!
Tip Top! 2 minutes later all segments confirmed with a 12 hour layover in BKK and ticket in C/I/I was issued, even exchange!
I sent her a virtual hug, a virtual box of chocolates and thanked her profusely for saving my LAX-TPE seat with BR AND forcing the morning BR flight to BKK.
So let's hear other positive experiences like this one.
Way to go Joyce L! You are real sweetheart.
94010flyer and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
She and the other Premier 1K agents are among the industry’s best!
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
My wife and I were involuntarily downgraded on a flight in June. I emailed 1Kvoice following this and received the standard note that they had received our message and would get back to us within 30 days. Since then I emailed twice more asking for an update. Finally, a few days ago, UA emailed me an apology and an ETC signed by Mrs. <last name>. I'm really at a loss for how it could take them almost 4 months to reply but at least they finally replied. Yesterday, I received a UA survey asking me about my customer experience with <first name>. Having had no other customer service interactions with UA recently I presumed that their survey was related to my message from Mrs. <last name>. They certainly managed to mess up pretty much everything with abut this experience and I let them know.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've had three very positive experiences calling the 1K line in the last month. I'm going to qualify this by saying....I had three separate concerns/needs/irrop situations, and I had to call five times. Twice I had completely incompetent and/or uninformed agents. One had no desire to do any leg work, the next simply didn't understand the logistics of a PZ fare. In both of those instances, I hung up and called back to be welcomed by very good agents.....

Melissa was exceptional. I had a confirmed PP upgrade internationally, and needed to change my flight within 24 hours of the original departing. There was PZ space available on several flights that I wished to change to. The original agent didn't understand the PZ fare to begin with, so that was a hang up. But in similar experiences, I've had agents say that there is no way to "swap". That they could change my flights, but I'd have to re-apply my PP and was not assured of getting the upgrade- even though it showed available in that fare class. I was told it was an "at the airport thing". Anyway......Melissa spent about 20 minutes with me until she got it to work, even generating a nominal credit for a less expensive fare on the new flight.

On another occasion, my father was mid-air and had to return to his originating airport. He's gold, though texted me from plane asking if I could help. The only remaining flight that day (he needed to get to his destination for a grandchild's event) was sold out and showing no seats available. Rather than place him on standby as a gold, she forced him into a confirmed seat. Now, I'm sure she didn't do anything all that special- there was probably a good deal of misconnecting going on in the airport, etc.- but she could have easily put an 80 year old man on standby for a late night flight and instead guaranteed he got a seat.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:55 pm

Called back in to follow up on the email issue regarding future flight credit from a recently-reticketed itin. It took the agent a while--he could see the $125 fare difference as well as the history of the ticket re-issue and some sort of error 2x last Friday when they originally tried to issue the credit. After about 30 minutes on hold, I got a $125 voucher emailed to me, and then the guy came back on a few minutes later, said he needed to wrap up his call with his supervisor but would be right back, then explained they'd emailed me a cert because the ticketing system just kept throwing errors.

So in the end, that one worked out. I sent my other 2x questions via Twitter (one is a request for a new baggage handle wrap, which I'd emailed twice with nothing but automated responses). We'll see if they respond there... but for neither of the items does reservations seem like the right audience. If I can't get it worked out with their Twitter, I'll try calling and explaining to a res agent and asking them to transfer me to the right folks.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by gold23
I've had three very positive experiences calling the 1K line in the last month. I'm going to qualify this by saying....I had three separate concerns/needs/irrop situations, and I had to call five times. Twice I had completely incompetent and/or uninformed agents. One had no desire to do any leg work, the next simply didn't understand the logistics of a PZ fare. In both of those instances, I hung up and called back to be welcomed by very good agents.....
I've had several encounters in the last few weeks with "1K agents" who didn't know their craft. The most egregious was an agent who strongly asserted that, after a schedule change which caused a 6 hour layover on the rebooked ticket (did the algorithm do that or human intervention?), they couldn't put me on another feeder flight later in the day, so that I'd only have a 1.5 hour layover, without charging me. 2 HUCAs later, I got a very competent, older agent who got the job done in 5 minutes. I mean, where is the training for these new agents?
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and Starbase 1K like this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 27, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:01 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zombietooth
…….I mean, where is the training for these new agents?
You can’t beat training backed by experience…… the key benefit (in most cases) of the 1K line.

DEN
zombietooth likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I have never called/needed to call in the two years being a 1K. FT provides a lot of good resources and the rest I just do my own research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.