Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkiBikeBeer
Absolutely. Multiple days to get a response. The answers aren't accurate either on a few recent inquiries of mine.
Well, what do you expect for $15,000? Right answers will cost you another $9,000!
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As I've said before, always had good experiences with the 1K email address, but was amused today. I sent three emails in short order. The first was about fixing my PlusPoints totals, the second was a crew compliment (see positive experiences thread), and the third was a wi-fi refund request for wifi that failed completely for everyone for almost the whole flight.

Only one of them triggered the auto-acknowledgement. No prizes for getting which one.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: United 1K
1K Voice Email Response Time

The automated response from the 1k Voice email said a reply within 1 business day unless it was in relation to baggage or regulatory case. This is regarding WiFi refund (refund request page was not working). I emailed 2/14 and as of 2/20 have not received a response. Is it time to email again or are others experiencing a longer than stated response time?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TxTraveler18
Is it time to email again
Go for it
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
1K Voice

Has anyone emailed 1K voice and received a response lately?

I email them on Monday without a response. Long story short...I am a 1K, and had booked flights for myself and family to Florida. Everything was fine until the return trip home, and United dumped my husbands reservation. They then pushed my son to an unaccompanied minor ticket. It was a very stressful morning. I emailed both the 1K Voice and filled out Customer Complaint form, but it has been radio silence. Anyone had any luck within the past few weeks?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Why don't you just call with a problem like this? I think you'd want to be talking with an agent on this one.

A customer complaint form is definitely not the way to go for something like this.

Had great experience w/ 1K line yesterday. Hawaiian Airlines cancelled a codeshare flight connecting to UA in HNL resulting in a 9 hour layover with new codeshare flight. 1K agent called HA, got them to free up a seat on a flight with only a 2-hour connection (native HA flight #) even though no seats had been allocated for codeshare to UA.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 25, 2020 at 2:51 pm
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Agree. Call the 1K line.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:28 am

Called 1K line at around 3:30am Eastern and got web support instead. Tried again same thing. Did something change?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
What's the deal with the unreal wait time on the 1K line tonight? 45 minutes and still waiting...
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jjmoore
What's the deal with the unreal wait time on the 1K line tonight? 45 minutes and still waiting...
Did some phone agents get furloughed? post 30 Sept?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:03 am

5-10 minute wait right now. And I have option to request a callback.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Two likely reasons:
1. The November sched changes were loaded overnight. Many saw they had broken itineraries and called in to have them fixed;
2. The 1K desk is staffed by fewer and fewer people. The overflow of the 1K line may not be working right and/or United has decided not to put the overflow into the general queue or take agents off the 'regular' desk to assist.

-RM
jjmoore likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by kevflyer
5-10 minute wait right now. And I have option to request a callback.
I did that too last night, and when they called back (saying I was #1 in the queue), I waited for an additional 30 minutes, and gave up.... very frustrating.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If I get a long hold time, I hang up and try again. Sometimes the system doesn't properly prioritize the calls.
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
The 1K desk
No such thing. 1Ks just get priority routing to (supposedly) better agents. During high traffic periods, you could get any agent in the pool, including an overseas call center.
SPN Lifer and jjmoore like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did that too last night, and when they called back (saying I was #1 in the queue), I waited for an additional 30 minutes, and gave up.... very frustrating.
What is the point of having a callback system if they put you in a queue when they call you back? Nicely done UA.

Originally Posted by Kacee
If I get a long hold time, I hang up and try again. Sometimes the system doesn't properly prioritize the calls.

No such thing. 1Ks just get priority routing to (supposedly) better agents. During high traffic periods, you could get any agent in the pool, including an overseas call center.
This is also what I do, although I usually wait about 30 seconds before hanging up. Sometimes I get a 'wait time' message but then quickly get routed anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.