Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line Experiences" Thread {ARCHIVE}

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold

Just called the 1K line - only had to wait about 5 minutes.

I cannot current tell with the website if I am in queue for the EUA/UDU for Thursday. The .bomb used to say pending or waitlisted.

I was so fortunate and got to speak to a former CO call person.

I asked if I was in the queue for the U/Gs as I could not tell. She said, "Sir - is your MP number in the res." I told her it was. She said, "Well you are in the queue!"

I explained that there had been a couple fo glitches before that it did not show up and I was NOT int he queue until I called.

She placed me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said, "A lot of people have been caling us about the list. But we have no way to tell if you are in the queue or not. You wikll have to wait until overnight to see if you clear."

Wel duh - I knew that. Such great sertvice from the 40,000 wonderful employees.

Is there any other way to tell?

Last edited by Nicksterguy; Mar 6, 2012 at 10:58 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation

Guess it's the CO SHARE system issue, if you want to place the blame.

Agents are the most professional, at least this is what Jeff claims.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
1K phone line answered "Continental"

This morning I called the 1K line to fix a problem with my existing reservation. I got through in 2 minutes. The operator answered "Continental Airlines, Mr. worldtravel, how can I help you. She was very effecient and took care of my problem in no time. I am pretty convinced she is a former Continental employee. I am glad they have former CO employees manning 1K line.

Overall I am pleased with with the merger, and everything in my account is correct.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
Is there any other way to tell?
All indications are that you are in the queue automatically. The real problem is that upgrade clearing is now done in a way that favors $$ over complimentary upgrades in every way and often happens at the gate, after everyone else has had as long as possible to buy a higher fare ticket than you, or use miles, RPUs, GPUs, or $$ to take your upgrade from you.

See these threads:
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:31 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtravel
This morning I called the 1K line to fix a problem with my existing reservation. I got through in 2 minutes. The operator answered "Continental Airlines, Mr. worldtravel, how can I help you. She was very effecient and took care of my problem in no time. I am pretty convinced she is a former Continental employee. I am glad they have former CO employees manning 1K line.

Overall I am pleased with with the merger, and everything in my account is correct.
It's still Continental Airlines after all, with United in name only.

LAX
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
2 minutes must be a record. Was on hold for 3 hours on the 1K line yesterday.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just called to make some complicated changes to an itin. I entered (via BB keypad, not voice) my 1k number when prompted and someone picked up within 15 seconds.

Now...about those upgrades
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS, DL360, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I got through in 3 minutes last night, and got a PMUA agent...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
3 hours, 40 minutes thus far on the "no status" phone line.

I'm not sure how much longer I can stand being on hold!!! I may have to give up my place in line and try the 1K line instead of the UC line.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I got through in 3 minutes last night, and got a PMUA agent...
Something doesn't make sense. 3 minutes vs. 3 hours? I called the number on the back of my new 1K card. It recognized my phone number and had my account number, but still waited 3 hours. The phone agent recognized me by name upon answering the phone call.

Which phone number did you call to get answered in 3 minutes - the old 1K phone number or the new one?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You are in the queue automatically UNLESS your ticket or reservation is out of sync in any way, even in a subtle one. I've also found that I seem not to be in the queue automatically if I've made a same-day confirmed change, but this is very hard or impossible to verify.

There is very little documentation of this fact. You will have to trust that your order in the queue is correct, as you have no visibility into it and it is different from the order shown in the departure-management waitlist.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
When you check in you can check on mobile.united.com to see if you've been added to the upgrade list.

There should also be anotification of some sort when you check in.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Every time I tried the 1K number, it rang busy after I said existing reservations.

So I tried 1-800-UNITED-1. It recognized me, said I'd have a greater than 30 minute wait after I said existing reservations. Someone answered within a minute.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:25 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Phone number

Something doesn't make sense. 3 minutes vs. 3 hours? I called the number on the back of my new 1K card. It recognized my phone number and had my account number, but still waited 3 hours. The phone agent recognized me by name upon answering the phone call.

Which phone number did you call to get answered in 3 minutes - the old 1K phone number or the new one?
What is the new 1K phone number? I am in the middle east and did not get my new 1k card before I left home.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

At approximately 8:30 p.m. est on Monday 5-March I called the 1K phone line.
Started a stopwatch.....just for fun.

Call was answered (by a real person) in less than 42 seconds.
(From the I time I said/indicated "Existing Reservations".)

Agent had to re-sync a PMUA booked ticket.
Took 6 mins 55 seconds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.